H.i.m.?

Esteban

Thinking is overrated
Dec 28, 2002
Costa Rica
Visit site
I was looking for an Anathema album the other day on amazon and they recommended this band... I think I've heard stuff from them and thought it wasn't so bad but their image makes them look like a one of those silly teen depressive bands MTV loves... so, any comments on them?

well i live in the USA and over here they were totally unknown untill Bam Margera started wearing their shirts and using them as background music on his show on MTV and whatnot, now little skater kids all over the place have HIM shirts snd shit. its disgusting really.

Ive been listening to them for like 4 years now. They arent a band i can listen to all the time, but once in a while its a nice change of pace. some of their songs totally blow, but the majority are pretty cool.

Over in europe they are fucking huge.

Quality goth rock (note: rock, not metal). If you'd like that, then check them out. I own the import 2 disc set of Razorblade Romance, and plan to buy their other 3 albums (Love Metal, Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights, Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666) as soon as I can afford to import them.

Yep, they're pretty big over here I think, almopst exclusively with skater types, since Bam Margara or whoever the fuck that is started being their manager, or endorsing them, or...whatever.

I hate it how bands are just latched onto like that. Like loads of skater types seem to rate Ozzy Osbourne so highly, when they probably don't know he was in Black Sabbath, just because of Ozzfest or that reality show on TV about the Osbournes.

Oh dear oh dear.

Well put High On Maiden

They're just fuel for the huge plague of wannabe goths that have been spawning over here for the past year or so, all listening to the murderdolls, marilyn manson etc... calling themselves "ghouls" and trying to dress all gothy/glammy........fucking gimboids

If it's not the wannabe goths listening to them, its the skaters who worship bam and would probably jump off a cliff for him.

YEAH LETS WORSHIP OZZY!!!

what about black sabbath?

WHO THE FUCK ARE BLACK SABBATH?!

stefan86 said:
they sound like crap

I'll second that! Awful, repetitive and simplistic rock topped with Valo's annoyingly nasal voice. Plus they consider themselves to be "Love metal", WTF!

My cousin sent a few songs to me, telling me I might like them- they were a really intersting type of metal. Well its not metal, its not goth and its pretty unoriginal. What it comes down to is they're not horrible but they are nothing special and no one will care about them in a few years...