Hail To Our Victims In Iraq...

Squash Player said:
I Would Like To Use This Forum To Scream A Great Fuck To Those Bastards Who Killed Our Men In Iraq.

Hail!

Yeah you're right, if those bastards had not done that shit; we could still feel proud to defend them as martyrs of USA's imperialism... Too bad people will always think it's not about muslims against sons of the bible.

*goes back to cool-mode* fuck yank capitalism and jews!

I was going to say "fuck you, you're not allowed to use this forum" or smt equally unfriendly for the fun of it, but luckily i checked your profile. Miolo's thread saved you. :p

So, what happened? Care to share with the isolated from the world? :p

@siren: feel free to insult him, he's an asshole anyway. :p

as for 'what happened', 17 people of the italian army/carabinieri were killed by a terrorist attack in iraq yesterday. btw, i'd like to use this forum to say a great fuck to george w. bush and all his friends.

Miolo

I thought that everybody knew what happened to 19 our italian men in Iraq... Sorry.
Dear Miolo you should think a little more before call me an asshole. You could not find me the day of DT's gig... It's a long way to Reggio Emilia...

Oh stop fighting against each other, having no unicity between the supposedely allied countries is not a reason for you guys to become extremists of diversal kinds. It's already tickling when you see how many white people supposely pacific become antisemite.
Remember, the "french" tagged svatz's on american's World war tombstones; please don't act the same way against just anyone.

I think this specific event should be saved from petty bickering. I felt really heartbroken driving home from work last night and seeing all the flags at half-mast to commemorate the fallen. And, aside from political positions, I thought that the people who picked such a tragic moment to demonstrate in front of the ministries were, to say the least, devoid of good taste. Some leftist, anti-war colleagues of mine did agree on the point: one should be silent for a moment and pay respect.

My dad told me that he hung the flag from his windows yesterday. I would do the same if I indeed had a flag, but I don't. The men who have died embarked on a difficult and dangerous career to protect our asses, so it should be hats off and no politics, at least for some time.

If we really need to discuss the case for war, though (and even if I wouldn't like to now, it's a duty insofar there's people who have written provocative posts - silence equals consent), I believe that the West should deploy more troops, not less, if we want to reduce the casualties on our side. And please no arguing about "our" side, as far as I know nobody on here is renouncing their American or EU citizenship, therefore to a certain extent we're all in the same boat. Saying no to war to stop violence is like stopping going to school as a response to playground bullies, in my opinion, but that's just an opinion.

more Europeans joining war? what else ? a sodomy and a tissue?
Please, french are pro-arabs in anyway, they'll enter in a civil war they wouldn't be able to deal about. Germans ? only defensive army. Spanish? Italians? ... dude, they are TOO CHRISTIAN, if everybody leave the USA alone to deal with iraqi, it'll show up as a capitalist war and everybody will once again and forever feel cool to diss USA as they did the whole year. Not sending other "caucasian" army is a way to avoid talking about religion war, and a lot of countries want to be able to support and defend their own spiritual enemies under the disguised flag of anti-imperialism. Some frenchies are tired of attacking USA by burning Buffalo Grills and Mc Donald restaurant, so crying over zealots disguised in martyrs is the second option

thanks to hyena for her words, and to squash player for this thread.

a_holes like a_hole should probably be banned from the solar system (btw, squash player, i'm sure miolo was referring to him, not you) but i'm positive in the end they'll just cop out all by themselves like their girlfriends. ;)

this thread is disgustingly populist. people die in wars every day. if a man goes to war he has a high chance of being killed. what should we do then? open a new thread for every time an american/italian/whatever soldier dies? of course i'm saddened by the death of those men, as i'm saddened by the death of idari's cat.

Miolo

Reactions: Lina
Miolo said:
this thread is disgustingly populist. people die in wars every day. if a man goes to war he has a high chance of being killed. what should we do then? open a new thread for every time an american/italian/whatever soldier dies? of course i'm saddened by the death of those men, as i'm saddened by the death of idari's cat.
i personally rate people as more important than cats on a broad scale - even though there might be exceptions: for instance i'd much rather see some cats alive than their owners - and i think this episode differs from other acts of war on two levels: magnitude (it's the wider war onslaught of people from our nation after ww2) and method (it's a terrorist attack in an assumingly pacified area, not a "regular" fight in a certified war zone).
however, i wouldn't focus critics on the opening of threads or not: if i feel like mourning for the loss of human lives who were spent in a way i deem valueable, i don't think i could be called a populist: not everything the masses do is wrong just because the masses do it. according to this principle, restraining from rape and murder is populism as it exactly embodies the following of a very wide-spread trend.

You seem right to yourself, but your statement reminds me of "weight goes vertically downward"; maybe it's too utopic to say that some things can be right and some others wrong; perhaps in a better world where masses do things right, actually, masses effectively do stuffs while minorities, they are like you... as effective as clicking the "post" in this free speech forum where nothing goes really important.
So we should consider the world before considering our opinions as valuable. This is hard, not possible and even myself I start to think "why care if anyway I'm either wrong about the world like everyone else, or what I'm right or wrong won't change dick"

So masses do stuffs, we can appreciate the results as the only mean to judge masses and populism and see that what everybody says is the evidence that masses can let us forget about "not being wrong cuz of following masses". Who cares? Anyway, assholes disrespecting just anything for the stupidest reasons are the main actors of this play where whoever does something will be critized for just giving the opportunity for repined masses to open their jaded mouth.

a_hole said:
I'm cool about that, I was just expressing myself. Feel free to feedback whenever
i'm afraid i happen to have limited control over the solar system. if i had i'm sure you would have noticed by now, just by glancing briefly at uranus.

edit: i apologise but i'm not equipped to comment the post above, even though maybe you were addressing me, as i didn't understand it.

rahvin said:
i personally rate people as more important than cats on a broad scale - even though there might be exceptions: for instance i'd much rather see some cats alive than their owners - and i think this episode differs from other acts of war on two levels: magnitude (it's the wider war onslaught of people from our nation after ww2) and method (it's a terrorist attack in an assumingly pacified area, not a "regular" fight in a certified war zone).
the whole war has never had the characteristics of a "regular" one. such an attack is at least predictable since american soldiers has been dying regularly from acts of guerrilla since the "end" of the war.
rahvin said:
however, i wouldn't focus critics on the opening of threads or not: if i feel like mourning for the loss of human lives who were spent in a way i deem valueable, i don't think i could be called a populist: not everything the masses do is wrong just because the masses do it. according to this principle, restraining from rape and murder is populism as it exactly embodies the following of a very wide-spread trend.
when i mentioned "populism" i had clearly in mind the pathetic attitude that the italian media put on yesterday, and since i know squash player personally, i'm sure the attitude was the same.
there isn't anything wrong in feeling like mourning for the loss of those human lives, but i'm not feeling mourning for that and there shouldn't be anything wrong in this as well.

Miolo

(i missed the last 3 posts while writing this... oh, well...:D )

Miolo said:
the whole war has never had the characteristics of a "regular" one. such an attack is at least predictable since american soldiers has been dying regularly from acts of guerrilla since the "end" of the war.
in fact, this shouldn't have been a "war" at all, in the areas where our soldiers are deployed and according to the reasons of our parliament for sending our soldiers over. as a consequence, unlike the american camps, ours was poorly guarded and actually treated as if there was no battlefield around it, just houses and civilians. the level of danger was obviously underrated. this is exactly one of the reasons why i call this event out of the ordinary and i feel so much for those who died, victims of poor military strategy and unfirm political control over the operations in iraq. the fact that the attack was predictable does nothing to make me feel better about the deceased: it's not as if you can say "they've been looking for it!", if incompetent people make mistakes and soldiers and civilians get involved, it doesn't make me want to dismiss the thing as "just another episode".

when i mentioned "populism" i had clearly in mind the pathetic attitude that the italian media put on yesterday, and since i know squash player personally, i'm sure the attitude was the same.
however, said pathetic attitude didn't stop the italian media to broadcast advertisements during the one minute of silence before the beginning of a totally irrelevant football match that hasn't been called off. so what can we say about the way the supposed "people" in "populism" feel about the events? that they do not really give a fucking shit, let alone starting threads on boards online.
clearly i cannot comment about squash player's reasons aside from what's written here, so i concede you may have a point there.

there isn't anything wrong in feeling like mourning for the loss of those human lives, but i'm not feeling mourning for that and there shouldn't be anything wrong in this as well.
there isn't. it seemed like you wre criticising the very idea of opening threads for mourning the loss of human lives as inherently hipocritical and i objected to that. what we choose to feel or do is undoubtedly another kettle of fish.

Unnecessary human loss is always a shame. I feel for brutal casualties such as these.
Just like I feel for innocent Iraqi families slaughtered by bombs and missiles claiming to have a 'military' target, and just like I feel for the Vietnamese genocide brought about by the arrogant anti-anything-that's-red-even-if-it's-on-the-other-side-of-the-planet U.S. policy; and just like I feel for the Native Americans who fought and died for their own land; and for the Armenian genocide; and for the Ethnic cleansing in the Balkans; I could just go on forever ..that's how fucked up this world is. And because of this I don't see a point in further discussing the politics behind this type of bullshit ..because there really isn't much we can do about it.
So I'll say nothing more beyond: Sorry to hear about these news, Italians. I'm not surprised.

This world is fucked beyond any redemption. And rahvin's chances at stellar moderation are pretty slim..
So I'm just going to go back to eating my cereal and peach slices ..in my own little lonely world : p
:/

Reactions: FatherVic
rahvin said:
in fact, this shouldn't have been a "war" at all, in the areas where our soldiers are deployed and according to the reasons of our parliament for sending our soldiers over. as a consequence, unlike the american camps, ours was poorly guarded and actually treated as if there was no battlefield around it, just houses and civilians. the level of danger was obviously underrated. this is exactly one of the reasons why i call this event out of the ordinary and i feel so much for those who died, victims of poor military strategy and unfirm political control over the operations in iraq. the fact that the attack was predictable does nothing to make me feel better about the deceased: it's not as if you can say "they've been looking for it!", if incompetent people make mistakes and soldiers and civilians get involved, it doesn't make me want to dismiss the thing as "just another episode".
i'm not saying they've been looking for it, but as i stated before, if you're sent to war (even if it wasn't supposed to be an actual war, only a fool could consider nassirya, or any other iraqi town, a 'safe' place) being killed is a realistic consequence. i agree that incompetent people made mistakes, but this only increases my anger towards those who sent the soldiers.
i do feel sorry for the victims, but i don't feel more sorry just because they were italians, and that's my whole point.
rahvin said:
however, said pathetic attitude didn't stop the italian media to broadcast advertisements during the one minute of silence before the beginning of a totally irrelevant football match that hasn't been called off. so what can we say about the way the supposed "people" in "populism" feel about the events? that they do not really give a fucking shit, let alone starting threads on boards online.
clearly i cannot comment about squash player's reasons aside from what's written here, so i concede you may have a point there.".
i didn't know of the adverts during the one minute of silence. well, that shows how hypocritical they are, and is exactly why i was criticising them. the fact that squash player opened this thread just because of the nationality of the deceased is something i couldn't tolerate.
if the same thread was started by hyena with her post i wouldn't have replied, even though i partially disagree with what she says.
rahvin said:
there isn't. it seemed like you wre criticising the very idea of opening threads for mourning the loss of human lives as inherently hipocritical and i objected to that. what we choose to feel or do is undoubtedly another kettle of fish.
i was just criticising the very idea of mourning the loss of human lives just because they were of our same country. i'm sorry if i've been misunderstood. :)

Miolo