Democratic plan to abandon our troops

Who thinks Hearless_Name should go away?

• I Do! The only thing dumber than his posts is that Wierd Al hairstyle.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • He needs to go. He can come back after puberty.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Let him stay. His ignorance is amusing.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by Papa Josh
Hmmm, so do you have any fanatics in your family tree, besides yourself? Anyone a member of the IRA??
The IRA are as fanatical about Irish idependence as the early Colonials(George Washington, etc) were about American independence

Yet some would label them as terrorists. :Smug:

PJ said:
Nope, I've worked and earned mine.
well, so have i and my NA background has had about as much of an affect on that as my Irish heritage has... which is NO AFFECT, WHATSOEVER.

i love my country. it's my home. anybody NOT willing to take pride in their home needs to leave and find a place they can be proud of. just that simple.

PJ said:

well, so have i and my NA background has had about as much of an affect on that as my Irish heritage has... which is NO AFFECT, WHATSOEVER.

i love my country. it's my home. anybody NOT willing to take pride in their home needs to leave and find a place they can be proud of. just that simple.

Very well said Sue. Nationalism before ethnicity.

Quote:

The IRA are as fanatical about Irish idependence as the early Colonials(George Washington, etc) were about American independence

Yet some would label them as terrorists.

Thats exactly what Washington, Jefferson, etc were. They were terrorists to the Crown

So, by definition, terrorism is not bad, just depends what side of the fence you are on in the conflict. :Smug:

Not everyone feels a sense of nationalism, and there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion. At the end of the day, I'm just living my life, regardless of what country/state/city I lay my head in.

There is nothing wrong with Nationalism as long as one doesn't close one's eyes to the wrong of the govt as did Germany under Hitler.

or worse yet... let's not be like America was and turn a blind eye to the wrongs going on outside our borders and letting a monster get away with killing millions.

wow... Rhonda OR who? can we see our other choice??

or worse yet... let's not be like America was and turn a blind eye to the wrongs going on outside our borders and letting a monster get away with killing millions.

wow... Rhonda OR who? can we see our other choice??

Sue--you mean like whats going on in Darfur?

Sue--you mean like whats going on in Darfur?

i meant how America let Hitler get away with quite a bit, before bothering to go to war [since Rhonda brought up Nazis], but Darfur definitely works.

i meant how America let Hitler get away with quite a bit, before bothering to go to war [since Rhonda brought up Nazis], but Darfur definitely works.

Actually...the Federal government waged a war on Hitler basically from the very beginning…it just wasn’t a full scale attack…if the Soviets and the British didn’t have American military support Hitler and the Nazis would have been the victors.

Actually...the Federal government waged a war on Hitler basically from the very beginning…it just wasn’t a full scale attack…if the Soviets and the British didn’t have American military support Hitler and the Nazis would have been the victors.

there was a period of time when the rumblings were out there and everybody knew Hitler was going to do something. he'd already started shuffling Jews to the ghettoes, issuing the Jew registration, etc...
America didnt get in on it until they were asked by Great Britian, who in turn, had sought to appease Hitler, first, thinking appeasement would settle things.

that's a lot of what we see coming from the left, these days. they want to appease the terrorists, rather than fight them. they didnt learn a thing from the past, apparently.

Anyone remember what this thread is about? Few people have given their thoughts about the topic of this post.

there was a period of time when the rumblings were out there and everybody knew Hitler was going to do something. he'd already started shuffling Jews to the ghettoes, issuing the Jew registration, etc...
America didnt get in on it until they were asked by Great Britian, who in turn, had sought to appease Hitler, first, thinking appeasement would settle things.

that's a lot of what we see coming from the left, these days. they want to appease the terrorists, rather than fight them. they didnt learn a thing from the past, apparently.

This is possibly the most difficult part of history to look at because political agendas get in the way of historical facts. Through massive propaganda, people believe that it was only Jews that were resettled elsewhere…take a look at the Soviet Union and their ethnic cleaning of Germans from the Baltic area at the end of the war. Also, take a look at the very beginning of the war when the Allies declared war on Germany on 1 September 1939 for invading a part of Poland that was originally Germany’s during the German Empire created by Otto Von Bismarck on January 18, 1871...the rest of Poland was made into a protectorate. The Soviet Union invaded Poland as well, but yet the allies turned a blind eye to that. The Soviet Union invaded Finland, once again the allies turned a blind eye to that as well.

Also, the Federal government did everything it could to provoke a war with Germany, if you are thinking the they stayed out of the war because they were ‘to soft’ on Hitler you are dead wrong. They just didn’t have the excuse or enough support from the American people and soldiers to go out and die. You refer to minority groups suffering under the Third Reich as an reason for war, well, it is hard to rally an entire nation to a war they don’t understand. So until the Federal government had enough of a reason to go to a war, they had to just provoke one with the Third Reich until finally Hitler declared war against the United States and ended all diplomatic relationship. That was when the United States unleashed all of it’s military power possible. The Federal government and the Third Reich doing battle? God help us all.

This is possibly the most difficult part of history to look at because political agendas get in the way of historical facts. Through massive propaganda, people believe that it was only Jews that were resettled elsewhere…take a look at the Soviet Union and their ethnic cleaning of Germans from the Baltic area at the end of the war. Also, take a look at the very beginning of the war when the Allies declared war on Germany on 1 September 1939 for invading a part of Poland that was originally Germany’s during the German Empire created by Otto Von Bismarck on January 18, 1871...the rest of Poland was made into a protectorate. The Soviet Union invaded Poland as well, but yet the allies turned a blind eye to that. The Soviet Union invaded Finland, once again the allies turned a blind eye to that as well.

Also, the Federal government did everything it could to provoke a war with Germany, if you are thinking the they stayed out of the war because they were ‘to soft’ on Hitler you are dead wrong. They just didn’t have the excuse or enough support from the American people and soldiers to go out and die. You refer to minority groups suffering under the Third Reich as an reason for war, well, it is hard to rally an entire nation to a war they don’t understand. So until the Federal government had enough of a reason to go to a war, they had to just provoke one with the Third Reich until finally Hitler declared war against the United States and ended all diplomatic relationship. That was when the United States unleashed all of it’s military power possible. The Federal government and the Third Reich doing battle? God help us all.

aahhh... another word from the 'blame America first' faction. :Smug:

Yeah, really. Since he was there and all.... :zombie:

The United States was in a period of ISOLATIONISM at the time. Nobody, including the "federal government" wanted any part of Europe's war. It was only after we were attacked at Pearl Harbor that we changed our opinion of world politics and fully entered the arena of WWII.

Yeah, really. Since he was there and all.... :zombie:

The United States was in a period of ISOLATIONISM at the time. Nobody, including the "federal government" wanted any part of Europe's war. It was only after we were attacked at Pearl Harbor that we changed our opinion of world politics and fully entered the arena of WWII.

Complete nonsense, On 11 March 1941 Roosevelt signed the Lend-Lease bill into law which allowed increased levels of military aid to Great Britain…against American neutrality. That was before ‘Pearl Harbor’.

After the Nazis attacked the Soviet Union, Roosevelt and his administration sent military aid to the Soviet troops. Roosevelt also lied about the Hitler having a ‘map’ made by the Third Reich to take over parts of the world. Roosevelt also lied about Hitler wanting to abolish religions etc…I could continue but I think I will keep this simple for you. The Federal government wanted war with Hitler against American interest…period. But you were there right?

Complete nonsense, On 11 March 1941 Roosevelt signed the Lend-Lease bill into law which allowed increased levels of military aid to Great Britain…against American neutrality. That was before ‘Pearl Harbor’.

After the Nazis attacked the Soviet Union, Roosevelt and his administration sent military aid to the Soviet troops. Roosevelt also lied about the Hitler having a ‘map’ made by the Third Reich to take over parts of the world. Roosevelt also lied about Hitler wanting to abolish religions etc…I could continue but I think I will keep this simple for you. The Federal government wanted war with Hitler against American interest…period. But you were there right?

where's your proof he lied... or are you doing what you lefties always do: assume anything coming from an American is a lie?

HA HA… I wonder if Michael Chertoff will be there for his ties to Dr. Magdy Elami…a man who had financial ties with with Osama Bin Laden!
You are about to have an egg on your face once again.

Tying someone financially to Bin Laden is not tough to do. Grandpa Bush had financial dealings with Nazi Germany. It's through degrees of seperation that they are tied. Were his financial dealings illegal? Were they post 9/11?
Just last week, I went into a local 7/11 and bought a couple of things. Am I guilty of having financial ties with OBL too?

Over easy. (That's how I like my eggs.)

where's your proof he lied... or are you doing what you lefties always do: assume anything coming from an American is a lie?

Oh my god…you need to get some serious lessons in history. How do I know he lied? HAHA this is a classic, I never thought you would ask such a question! It is called objective war time documents and knowledge of Western powers doing battle with one another for absolutely no reason at all but to destroy political enemies! Basically, if you know your history of the second world war, you can tell what the lies from the truth. Funny you should talk about ‘the left’ because Roosevelt was a leftist…the entire political establishment of the United States is leftist and you are to blind to see that.

Some additional reading for you.

"Ex-British Agent Says FDR's Nazi Map Faked," Foreign Intelli- gence Literary Scene (Frederick, MD: University Publications of America), December 19-84, pp. 1-3.

Tying someone financially to Bin Laden is not tough to do. Grandpa Bush had financial dealings with Nazi Germany. It's through degrees of seperation that they are tied. Were his financial dealings illegal? Were they post 9/11?
Just last week, I went into a local 7/11 and bought a couple of things. Am I guilty of having financial ties with OBL too?

Over easy. (That's how I like my eggs.)

Your analogy is flawed, ask yourself this question…why did he block his indictment then fah q? I mean, this man tried to arm Osama with nuclear weapons…you really can’t see the implications in that? The government and media had to lie about Saddam having connections with Bin Laden while our own Homeland Security chief blocked the indictment of a man who tried to arm with weapons of mass destruction.

Oh my god…you need to get some serious lessons in history. How do I know he lied? HAHA this is a classic, I never thought you would ask such a question! It is called objective war time documents and knowledge of Western powers doing battle with one another for absolutely no reason at all but to destroy political enemies! Basically, if you know your history of the second world war, you can tell what the lies from the truth. Funny you should talk about ‘the left’ because Roosevelt was a leftist…the entire political establishment of the United States is leftist and you are to blind to see that.

Some additional reading for you.

"Ex-British Agent Says FDR's Nazi Map Faked," Foreign Intelli- gence Literary Scene (Frederick, MD: University Publications of America), December 19-84, pp. 1-3.

well, that clears it up. :err:
again, Patty... you're a peach. not in touch with reality on any level. completely deluded and possibly mentally unstable, but a peach, just the same.