Vice President Palin?

grywolf627

Mar 16, 2006
Houston, TX
Quoting from a Yahoo news article:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

Palin asked the students to pray for the troops in Iraq, and noted that her eldest son, Track, was expected to be deployed there.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

o_O Be afraid...be verrrry afraid.

I've heard several people say she kind of looks like Brittney Spears. ?? If so, I say let's put Brittney in as V.P. At least she's less dangerous. She'd probably go into the oval office and would get stuck there because she couldn't find the door again. :)

She is just another conservative religious nutjob.

I only wish our country was collectively intelligent enough to not elect someone like that. I'm not going to hold my breath.....

Ugghh, the religious right are such a despicable bunch - it's frustrating, though, because I'm also hesitant to vote for Obama, because while I support his desires to even out the playing field, the fact is the Republican viewpoint has always been to favor the fortunate/successful, and since I'm probably going to be in that group when I graduate college next year, I'm sorta inclined to vote for him out of my own selfish desires. However, if this chick really is that nuts, than perhaps I should side with my morality. Also, check out his article about Palin, not much better, I'm afraid:

http://www.crosscut.com/politics-government/17341

...since I'm probably going to be in that group when I graduate college next year, I'm sorta inclined to vote for him out of my own selfish desires.

That's what I thought at one time also. But the middle class...even the upper middle class...is constantly being squashed further and further down. And if you're trying to break into the bottom rung of the middle class...it's even harder these days. And the divide between middle class and upper class continues to widen into a gigantic chasm. None of the candidates really have a clue what it's like for the average, working citizen.

Ugghh, the religious right are such a despicable bunch - it's frustrating, though, because I'm also hesitant to vote for Obama, because while I support his desires to even out the playing field, the fact is the Republican viewpoint has always been to favor the fortunate/successful, and since I'm probably going to be in that group when I graduate college next year, I'm sorta inclined to vote for him out of my own selfish desires....

If I knew when I was a little younger what sort of money I'd be making at this point in my life - I would have shit my pants with joy over how loaded I was going to be. :rolleyes:
10 years ago I would have been upper class, or at least upper-middle class, but I'm lucky to even be middle class in today's climate. I struggle to get by.

Do the rest of the world a favor, and lose that mindset.

let me ask you guys this...

does anyone out there want to see a 17-year old high school dropout mother in the white house? is that really the sort of example that our kids need nowadays?

didn't think so.

(sorry if you've seen it before)

Electile dysfunction: The lack of interest in any of the candidates.

electile.jpg

What I love about her is that she is Pro-Life, and it just so happens that her 17 year-old daughter is pregnant right now. HAHAHAHAH. Do any of you honestly believe that her daughter has any choice in the matter?

Religion has no place in government...at least in an ideal government anyway...

~006

What I love about her is that she is Pro-Life, and it just so happens that her 17 year-old daughter is pregnant right now. HAHAHAHAH. Do any of you honestly believe that her daughter has any choice in the matter?

Religion has no place in government...at least in an ideal government anyway...

~006

I THOUGHT we were supposed to have a separation of church and state...but apparently it only applies when it's convenient.