Sarah Palin & Rob Rock

There are a lot of good comments on this subject, but one stood out to me as exceptional:
The problem is that we are stuck in this antiquated two party system whereby all politicians, regardless of their true desires, are perpetually poisoned by lobbyists and the massive corporate fist. This will never change

As long as we are mired in this antiquated major two party system, that has it's members touting party lines and beliefs, and be manipulated by lobbyist, we will never have a bipartisan approval of anything.

As far as Sarah Palin, i don't like her, never have, never will. Barrack Obama, well he had good visions, but somewhere along the line something happened.

Ladies and Gentlemen no one is born to be president, they all go into the office with high hopes and dreams, and within a year those hopes and dream are shattered by the reality of the job and the problems being faced, it is enough to make you gray in a month.

As for Rob Rock, and Armand good friends, and excellent musicians, enough said.

Politicians should be forced to wear corporate sponsorship emblems on their suit jackets, similar to NASCAR drivers.

Totally down with this one. And whenever they speak, they need to thank their sponsors.

As for the politicians being discussed....

Obama: he's a Chicago grown politician. 'nuf said, IMO. You don't change the system, the system changes you. He gets credit from me for the recent additions to bringing nuclear power into the fold of alternative power sources, and that's where it ends. As a small business owner, the current Congress, at his behest, is probably going to put me out of business, if I can't find good loopholes. Oh yeah, how about he fire all those Czars?*

Palin: she's a decent figurehead because she's normal, not 'refined' by snotty Harvard or Yale blueblood. But she does need to get off the talking points because she's just making it worse for herself. Bush was much better at talking off the cuff than reading speeches. Yeah, it brings out the 'country-isms' but I'd rather hear that, than a used car sales pitch.

Congress: Thank you Mass., VA take a cue. I really hope the mid-terms=fresh meat, because the old stuff is getting rancid. In time, the new folks will be corrupted, but at least that gives them time to do something useful, and hopefully get voted out when they start showing the same colours the current selection has going. The catch with our system, is that the President is not the one with the power, the Congress has it.

*Yes, he gets the hits, because he's the one holding office, just as Bush, Clinton and Bush I got it from me when they were in office. He'll get positive credit where credit is due, but so far, it's mostly negative because he's too idealistic, and this is not an ideal world, and his version goes against everything our Constitution stands for.

I find it funny that this hatred between opposing views is EXACTLY what the Powers That Be want you to pay attention to. It doesn't matter WHO is president, as this country is really run by large corportations & banks. Obama, Palin, McCain, etc are all just puppets...and if Big O pardons jailed former governer George Ryan, I will personally send him crime scene photos of the charred children in a squashed minivan Ryan is responsible for....

(Geroge Ryan was convicted of corruption for being involved with a scheme where people bought their way to a CDL, without ever having to be tested. These people don't deserve to be on our roads driving trucks that they can't control. There was a multiple fatality accident in the town I grew up in, and the driver who caused it had "purchased" his license in this scheme)

I remember that scandal. In fact, anyone who lives in IL and doesn't remember it should be slapped. Ryan doesn't deserve a pardon any more than Blagojevitch deserves to have his idiocy forgotten.

After the opening introductions and the program began, for the lack of the better words 'opening act' was a short musical selection. The head of the chamber of commerse announced that a friend of his would be singing and that the friend was none other then Rob Rock.

Rob provided a piano version of his song Forever and then went into piano versions of the National Anthem, Land of the Free, and Amazing Grace.

Piano and violin were played by Armond Vio. Vio played a violin solo before Rob took the stage.
I am a strong admirer of Rob Rock. I think it was very cool of him to perform for a friend of his at this event and I'd have LOVED to have seen it. Lucky you!

I've nothing to say about Palin, for the moment. :rolleyes:

Besides all you intellectuals out there that love to bash everyone for being stupid, does this really show your intelligence to slam others intelligence, or does it just show your easily influenced by mainstream media and not an independent thinker? Hmmmmm I'm sorry but I'm incredibly tired of people trying to crush others with the "their stupid" thing. Doesn't matter how smart they are if the agenda is a "dishonest one". That said, if the Obananator asked me to do a show for him (even though I don't care for his politics) I would likely say cool, let's do this, But I'd I'd have a bigger smile on my face doing a show for Glenn Beck!

Why does this need to be political? Rob had a cool gig that would bring him into a more mainstream audience, not all gigs for metal are a nice as PP! Why can't you be happy for him having a different gig that may help him with his career, that isn't in a crappy little club?

Well, it was at a political event, no? No matter what, if you're a higher profile person, and participate in one of these, people are going to make assumptions. That's where the problems start... :)

I'm with you 100%, cool gig for Rob, someone I've been a fan of since WAY back, and I'm sure that was all the originial poster was trying to say, too.

It's still fashionable to bash the right, even when the left is doing just as much, if not more, damage.

p.s. You get that Glenn Beck or Obama gig, and I'll make whatever road trip to see it!
:D

J-dub, I'll let cha know, I think I need to write some seriously political songs if I'm going to play for Glenn though lol, I'm on it ; )
but I have to ask this, who made it "Fashionable" to bash the right? answer... The left.... all I'm sayin'

Of course they did! Im just surprised that it's still going as strong as ever, even though the chosen one's not exactly doing a great job himself...

Now get back to writing that tune! ;)

i dont know about all this rob rock nonsense...but ive always thought of sarah palin as a mr. hankey parody...

And their MO is to attack the messenger...not the message.

if youre looking for someone to pick apart the message from "right wingers" such as palin, beck, hannity, limbaugh, bachman, etc...just let me know.

the right just thinks people only bash them because the leaders of the party cant seem to understand their flaws enough to comprehend the criticism given to them.

:::sigh::::

Rob Rock can do whatever he's good at doing. What that is, I don't exactly know. He was charming enough in an irc channel a few years back. I think I held the same views about Megaloud too. REALLY nice guy, just not my thing musically.

Palin is factually incorrect a good portion of the time, but I wouldn't describe her as stupid. She's been able to keep her images and words in the spotlight (see the Family Guy and the David Letterman incidents) when and where there are other people who might occupy the spotlight better. Yes, it's all low-hanging fruit, but it is fruit nonetheless.

44 is only either 25% or 12.5% through the administration. The economy and other global issues take more than a weekend to successfully change course. I don't know where he's going with his plans, but I am curious about the journey. He always said it would be a bumpy course.

Now about 43? Enough has been said from both the awake and the dead about his administration.