Sarah Palin & Rob Rock

DAVID6

Oct 3, 2006
Daytona Beach,FL
Yesterday I went to the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach to attend a dinner / fund raiser for the local Chamber of Commerce. A dress up political smoozzie event that usually lacks in overall excitement. But this year the key note speaker was Sarah Palin where I was actually interested in watching her speak.

But then came my big suprise which made the event truelly worth the night out.........:kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass:

After the opening introductions and the program began, for the lack of the better words 'opening act' was a short musical selection. The head of the chamber of commerse announced that a friend of his would be singing and that the friend was none other then Rob Rock.

Rob provided a piano version of his song Forever and then went into piano versions of the National Anthem, Land of the Free, and Amazing Grace.

Piano and violin were played by Armond Vio. Vio played a violin solo before Rob took the stage.

That's kinda cool in a way, that he was actually part of the event.

Now, considering the fact that I'm not a big Rob Rock fan and I despise Sarah Palin (I think she's honestly one of the dumbest human beings on Earth, I don't get how people actually think she's "for real"), I'm not sure I would have enjoyed.

That's kinda cool in a way, that he was actually part of the event.

Now, considering the fact that I'm not a big Rob Rock fan and I despise Sarah Palin (I think she's honestly one of the dumbest human beings on Earth, I don't get how people actually think she's "for real"), I'm not sure I would have enjoyed.

Ditto. I don't mind Rob Rock but the fact that he was part of an event that included Palin rubs me the wrong way...not that I'm all that surprised that he would support her though.

I don't get how people actually think she's "for real".

SarahPalin said:
Well gosh golly darn, I may not be the sharpest bulb in the minefield, but we don't see the sun for 6 months in Alaska sometimes, so climate change is a myth. Russia! I also like to eat toast. Drill for oil in my economics middle american budget values.. Sorry Larry, my hand notes seem to have smeared.

:erk:

Originally Posted by SarahPalin
Well gosh golly darn, I may not be the sharpest bulb in the minefield, but we don't see the sun for 6 months in Alaska sometimes, so climate change is a myth. Russia! I also like to eat toast. Drill for oil in my economics middle american budget values.. Sorry Larry, my hand notes seem to have smeared.

Pat, you're a genius! :lol: :lol:

Considering how many millions of US citizens ( yeah right...ACORN) thought Odumba was qualified to be President...it's understandable.

Dude, Obama may not be the greatest president in history, but are you really gonna compare him to that idiot Sarah Palin? Are you serious? Do you also see Russia from your backyard? :lol:

Sarah Palin is about as worth it as a hot dog in the streets of NYC. And I'd still pick the hot dog over her any day. At least I know the hot dog at some point in a distant past was part of a body with a brain.

I knew this thread was destined to be a pie throwing contest! :lol: I'm not a Palin fan myself. Is she an idiot? I'm not sure. To be honest, I didn't pay enough attention to her during the election to form that opinion of her. I thought both party tickets sucked during the last election.

I wish Rob Rock would run for President! :headbang:

~Brian~

Dude, Obama may not be the greatest president in history, but are you really gonna compare him to that idiot Sarah Palin? Are you serious? Do you also see Russia from your backyard?
Well said.

I think people often confuse that which they like or don't like, with quality. You see it with regard to music all the time. People will say something "sucks", simply because it doesn't appeal to them. We've all been guilty of this. However, it would be more accurate to say, "it's well done, but not to my liking." The same is true in politics. To not like Obama is a matter of personal preference. Perhaps you disagree with his policies, don't care for his style or oration, etc. However, when people comment on his intellect or qualifications, it only reflects negatively on them. There are plenty of folks over on the Right who I vehemently disagree with (Dick Cheney, Pat Buchanan, Bush Sr., etc.). However, these are clearly very bright people, who simply hold a different worldview than I do.