Sarah Palin - bulldog and barracuda?

Craven Moorehead

Magnificent Bastard
May 5, 2005
You can't interview her, she won't answer questions and anything said about her (despite her speech that was FILLED with swipes at other people) without being out of bounds and/or sexist.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jTu5Lk15RWe3KgvDpHc1FERPkSGwD933FI5O0

No questions, please; Palin sticks to her script

By SARA KUGLER – 56 minutes ago

LEBANON, Ohio (AP) — John McCain took a risk in picking little-known Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as a running mate, but now the campaign's playing it safer. She's sticking to a greatest hits version of her convention speech on the campaign trail and steering clear of questions until she's comfortable enough for a hand-picked interviewer later this week.

More than 40 million people tuned in last week to listen to the speech from Palin, the 44-year-old first-term governor whom McCain announced as his surprise vice presidential pick just days before. Since then, that basic script is all anyone has heard from her publicly, and her only interaction with the media was a brief conversation with a small group of reporters on her plane Monday — off the record at her handlers' insistence.

Associated Press reporters were not on the plane, but an aide told the journalists on board that all Palin flights would be off the record unless the media were told otherwise. At least one reporter objected. Two people on the flight said the Palins greeted the media and they chatted about who had been to Alaska, but little else was said.

By comparison, her Democratic counterpart, Joe Biden, has been campaigning on his own, at times taking questions from audiences. In fact he split off to campaign separately from Barack Obama the day after Obama announced his selection. They rejoined at their party's convention and spent the following weekend campaigning together.

Biden's appearances have touched on a range of issues — in Florida he talked about U.S. support for Israel, in Pennsylvania it was economics and tax policy. He was interviewed on NBC's "Meet the Press" last Sunday

Amid growing sniping from Democrats, the McCain campaign announced that Palin would sit down for her first interview this week, with ABC. It will take place over two days at her home in Alaska.

And then?

McCain campaign manager Rick Davis has said that Palin will "agree to an interview when we think it's time and when she feels comfortable doing it."

"She's not scared to answer questions," Davis said on "Fox News Sunday."

So far, Palin has barely spoken with voters either. Since the convention, she and McCain have breezed through a Wisconsin ice cream shop, a New Mexico restaurant and a Missouri barbecue place, shaking hands with diners but not taking any questions. Photographers and television cameras have been allowed full view while reporters are typically ushered too far away to ask questions or hear most of the conversations.

Her public remarks essentially have been excerpts of her convention speech, delivered while introducing McCain at rallies.

Her schedule released Tuesday shows she will attend a "welcome home" rally in Fairbanks, Alaska, on Wednesday evening — her first major campaign appearance without McCain at her side and his advisers hanging in the wings.

To be sure, all candidates running for office give the same remarks over and over — Barack Obama's stump speech has hardly changed throughout the campaign, and McCain has been telling familiar stories and jokes for months.

But none of the candidates in this race has been so shielded from the media, so protected from any spontaneous situation, and Palin's unvarying remarks give the impression that she and her message are being tightly controlled. As before her convention speech, McCain's campaign is briefing Palin for her first TV interview.

After a rally on Tuesday in Lancaster, Pa., a group of supporters waiting outside to shake hands with McCain and Palin screamed for Palin to jump up on an outdoor platform, as McCain had just done, and speak to them.

"Speech! Speech!" they cried. She continued down the line, shaking hands, and then hopped into an SUV.

In her prepared remarks, there are always descriptions of McCain as a "man who's there to serve his country and not just his party." He's someone who's "not looking for a fight but is not afraid of one either." He "doesn't run with the Washington herd." He's the only man in this election "who has ever really fought for you."

And always the same details about herself, how she "stood up to the special interests, the lobbyists, big oil companies and the good ol' boys network," as a mayor and then governor in Alaska.

The people in their crowds, many of whom say they've heard these lines before, still go wild when she repeats that McCain put everything on the line last year when he said "he would rather lose an election than see his country lose a war."

She can be a little cutting, as well, when it comes to the Democrats.

"In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers," she says. "And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change."

She delivers the line, like many of her veiled criticisms of Obama, in a disapproving tone that still manages to sound charming to her fans. It is part of what makes her so popular on the campaign trail.

In Lancaster they cheered when she reminded them, as she did in her convention speech, of Obama's primary-season comment about how some small-town Americans are bitter and cling to guns or religion. She also claimed again that she said "thanks but no thanks" to Alaska's so-called Bridge to Nowhere, even though her version of the story has now been widely debunked.

She voiced support for the bridge during her gubernatorial campaign, and the project was only called off after it had become an embarrassment to the state.

Another crowd favorite in her speech is that story about how she got rid of luxuries in the state Capitol, like a personal driver, chef and luxury jet.

"I put it on eBay," she says.

Audiences love this part, but what Palin never adds is that the jet didn't sell on eBay despite numerous attempts. The state eventually hired an aircraft broker to unload it.

Were you offended by Obama's "pig with lipstick" comment?

not really. i understand where some might have been, but i just see it as one of those moments he was caught without Joe Biden's hand up his butt, controlling what he said.

Were you offended by Obama's "pig with lipstick" comment?

I wasn't offended. I can't crawl inside of Obama's head so, I don't know if it was intended for her or not. I encourage Barack to fire off more remarks that could be misconstrued as sexist or attacks on Palin. Each time he does it, he alienates more and more female voters. :kickass:

Wow. Watching her interview, I can't believe Mccain nominated Barney Fife in a dress for VP. "Ah jeez I can see them Russians over there." She's about the only reason I'd even consider voting for Obama. Another Bush II who can't tell a Sunni from a Shiite. :puke::puke::puke:

Wow. Watching her interview, I can't believe Mccain nominated Barney Fife in a dress for VP. "Ah jeez I can see them Russians over there." She's about the only reason I'd even consider voting for Obama. Another Bush II who can't tell a Sunni from a Shiite. :puke::puke::puke:

yeah, there was a real threat there for a moment that you'd actually vote for somebody else. :rolleyes:

btw, can you tell a Sunni from a Shiite?

yeah, there was a real threat there for a moment that you'd actually vote for somebody else. :rolleyes:

I think if you found them dead, in a mass grave. They are a Shiite. I could be wrong.

The fact that Palin's completely sold to Insane McCain's "Endless War" strategy is the prime reason why The Barracuda won't be getting my vote.

Palin takes tough line on Russia
By Edward Luce in Miami

Published: September 11 2008 23:59 | Last updated: September 12 2008 01:42

Sarah Palin, the running mate of Republican presidential candidate John McCain, on Thursday said the US would be obligated to go to war with Russia if it invaded a Nato ally – a status she advocated for Georgia, which Russia invaded last month.

One excellent reason NOT to vote for The Barracuda. Perhaps she's too ignorant of foreign policy issues to know that only a few months ago, PRESIDENT George W. Bush tried to force NATO to grant membership for Georgia. But what happened? Oh! There are OTHER members of NATO. And they said, "No fucking way." And then Georgia proved just how good a NATO member its army would be by first attacking Russian forces and then running away like little bitches instead of defending itself. Oh yes. NATO could really use a member like that! But I guess Vice President The Barracuda can succeed where the President failed.

Ms Palin, the self-styled “hockey mom” whose selection was criticised by Democrats and some Republicans as rash given her foreign policy inexperience, was giving her first full media interview since Mr McCain chose her last month.

Yes. MRS. Palin's lack of experience means she'd simply adopt Insane McCain's policy without blinking (or thinking).

Her response, while technically accurate, is likely to reinforce the debate about whether the Alaska governor should be a “heartbeat away from the presidency”.

Being "a heartbeat away" is probably the best part of her candidacy, considering how awful Insane McCain would be.

“I mean, that is the agreement when you are a Nato ally, is if another country is attacked, you’re going to be expected to be called upon and help,” she told ABC’s Charlie Gibson.

Stupid obligations and knee-jerk ractions is what made World War I such a mindless slaughter and World War II's brutal savagery inevitable. I guess The Barracuda has got no problem repeating history for a good ole World War III.

“We have got to keep an eye on Russia. For Russia to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading a smaller democratic country, unprovoked, is unacceptable.”

See, this is why I call her grandfather Insane McCain. Georgia is not a democracy and Russia was actually provoked. Something like, I dunno, breaking a Russian-guaranteed cease-fire, a night-long rocket attack on an undefended city, during which time 120 Russian peacekeepers were killed, followed by a human wave of refugees into Russia? Does The Barracuda even know what the fuck a provocation is?

I suppose we have to suspend disbelief. I remember when Joe Liebermann was running alongside Algore in 2000. Man oh man, the policy reversals and philosophical u-turns ole Joe had to pull off in order to carry Algore's water!! It was truly depressing to witness Joe sell himself like a prostitute in order to be VP.

So, I guess becoming a mindless slave of Insane McCain's war-profiteer camarilla is just part of the job decription.

Jurched

Roger Ebert on Sarah Palin: The American Idol candidate

BY ROGER EBERT Sun-Times Movie Critic

I think I might be able to explain some of Sarah Palin's appeal. She's the "American Idol" candidate. Consider. What defines an "American Idol" finalist? They're good-looking, work well on television, have a sunny personality, are fierce competitors, and so talented, why, they're darned near the real thing. There's a reason "American Idol" gets such high ratings. People identify with the contestants. They think, Hey, that could be me up there on that show!

My problem is, I don't want to be up there. I don't want a vice president who is darned near good enough. I want a vice president who is better, wiser, well-traveled, has met world leaders, who three months ago had an opinion on Iraq. Someone who doesn't repeat bald- faced lies about earmarks and the Bridge to Nowhere. Someone who doesn't appoint Alaskan politicians to "study" global warming, because, hello! It has been studied. The returns are convincing enough that John McCain and Barack Obama are darned near in agreement.

I would also want someone who didn't make a teeny little sneer when referring to "people who go to the Ivy League." When I was a teen I dreamed of going to Harvard, but my dad, an electrician, told me, "Boy, we don't have the money. Thank your lucky stars you were born in Urbana and can go to the University of Illinois right here in town." So I did, very happily. Although Palin gets laughs when she mentions the "elite" Ivy League, she sure did attend the heck out of college.

Five different schools in six years. What was that about?

And how can a politician her age have never have gone to Europe? My dad had died, my mom was working as a book-keeper and I had a job at the local newspaper when, at 19, I scraped together $240 for a charter flight to Europe. I had Arthur Frommer's $5 a Day under my arm, started in London, even rented a Vespa and drove in the traffic of Rome. A few years later, I was able to send my mom, along with the $15 a Day book.

You don't need to be a pointy-headed elitist to travel abroad. You need curiosity and a hunger to see the world. What kind of a person (who has the money) arrives at the age of 44 and has only been out of the country once, on an official tour to Iraq? Sarah Palin's travel record is that of a provincial, not someone who is equipped to deal with global issues.

But some people like that. She's never traveled to Europe, Asia, Africa, South America or Down Under? That makes her like them. She didn't go to Harvard? Good for her! There a lot of hockey moms who haven't seen London, but most of them would probably love to, if they had the dough. And they'd be proud if one of their kids won a scholarship to Harvard.

I trust the American people will see through Palin, and save the Republic in November. The most damning indictment against her is that she considered herself a good choice to be a heartbeat away. That shows bad judgment.

The fact that Palin's completely sold to Insane McCain's "Endless War" strategy is the prime reason why The Barracuda won't be getting my vote.

Palin takes tough line on Russia
By Edward Luce in Miami

Published: September 11 2008 23:59 | Last updated: September 12 2008 01:42

Sarah Palin, the running mate of Republican presidential candidate John McCain, on Thursday said the US would be obligated to go to war with Russia if it invaded a Nato ally – a status she advocated for Georgia, which Russia invaded last month.

One excellent reason NOT to vote for The Barracuda. Perhaps she's too ignorant of foreign policy issues to know that only a few months ago, PRESIDENT George W. Bush tried to force NATO to grant membership for Georgia. But what happened? Oh! There are OTHER members of NATO. And they said, "No fucking way." And then Georgia proved just how good a NATO member its army would be by first attacking Russian forces and then running away like little bitches instead of defending itself. Oh yes. NATO could really use a member like that! But I guess Vice President The Barracuda can succeed where the President failed.

Ms Palin, the self-styled “hockey mom” whose selection was criticised by Democrats and some Republicans as rash given her foreign policy inexperience, was giving her first full media interview since Mr McCain chose her last month.

Yes. MRS. Palin's lack of experience means she'd simply adopt Insane McCain's policy without blinking (or thinking).

Her response, while technically accurate, is likely to reinforce the debate about whether the Alaska governor should be a “heartbeat away from the presidency”.

Being "a heartbeat away" is probably the best part of her candidacy, considering how awful Insane McCain would be.

“I mean, that is the agreement when you are a Nato ally, is if another country is attacked, you’re going to be expected to be called upon and help,” she told ABC’s Charlie Gibson.

Stupid obligations and knee-jerk ractions is what made World War I such a mindless slaughter and World War II's brutal savagery inevitable. I guess The Barracuda has got no problem repeating history for a good ole World War III.

“We have got to keep an eye on Russia. For Russia to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading a smaller democratic country, unprovoked, is unacceptable.”

See, this is why I call her grandfather Insane McCain. Georgia is not a democracy and Russia was actually provoked. Something like, I dunno, breaking a Russian-guaranteed cease-fire, a night-long rocket attack on an undefended city, during which time 120 Russian peacekeepers were killed, followed by a human wave of refugees into Russia? Does The Barracuda even know what the fuck a provocation is?

I suppose we have to suspend disbelief. I remember when Joe Liebermann was running alongside Algore in 2000. Man oh man, the policy reversals and philosophical u-turns ole Joe had to pull off in order to carry Algore's water!! It was truly depressing to witness Joe sell himself like a prostitute in order to be VP.

So, I guess becoming a mindless slave of Insane McCain's war-profiteer camarilla is just part of the job decription.

Jurched

:worship:I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks going to war with Russia is a completely insane idea.

The McCain side and this Palin bullshit is nothing but a dog and pony show and a continuation of the corrupt regime currently in power. Palin will certainly fill the tabloids.

Um, as I have more or less said on this board, I vote Third Party. Hard to imagine, right? I mean in your mind your have only have two choices right? Destroying America by voting Democrat or riding into the kingdom of Heaven with Jesus with the Republicans.

Um, yes I know the historical differences between Sunni and Shiite, and other historical splits within Islam, and how such issues continue to impact our presence in Iraq or even future Iran/ Iraq relations. I'd bet any money she doesn't until coached. Someone so lacking such not be VP.

How dare you actually include facts? Next you'll talk about how Abkhazia and South Ossetia don't really want to be part of Georgia.

Seriously, though, here is where you see the fact the Mccain's main foreign policy guy was a Georgian lobbyist. He obviously had a role in coaching her reckless answers.

Um, as I have more or less said on this board, I vote Third Party. Hard to imagine, right? I mean in your mind your have only have two choices right? Destroying America by voting Democrat or riding into the kingdom of Heaven with Jesus with the Republicans.

Um, yes I know the historical differences between Sunni and Shiite, and other historical splits within Islam, and how such issues continue to impact our presence in Iraq or even future Iran/ Iraq relations. I'd bet any money she doesn't until coached. Someone so lacking such not be VP.

until third party candidates are willing to get out in-between election cycles and do the legwork to get their message to the public [as opposed to springing their platforms on the public during an election season], there really are only 2 choices... the bad and the worse.
i refuse to throw a vote away on 'principle.'

as for the 'historical differences' between Sunni and Shiite, could you look at the two and tell them apart or would you ask them to show you their 'historical differences,' first?

Roger Ebert on Sarah Palin: The American Idol candidate

BY ROGER EBERT Sun-Times Movie Critic

I think I might be able to explain some of Sarah Palin's appeal. She's the "American Idol" candidate. Consider. What defines an "American Idol" finalist? They're good-looking, work well on television, have a sunny personality, are fierce competitors, and so talented, why, they're darned near the real thing. There's a reason "American Idol" gets such high ratings. People identify with the contestants. They think, Hey, that could be me up there on that show!

My problem is, I don't want to be up there. I don't want a vice president who is darned near good enough. I want a vice president who is better, wiser, well-traveled, has met world leaders, who three months ago had an opinion on Iraq. Someone who doesn't repeat bald- faced lies about earmarks and the Bridge to Nowhere. Someone who doesn't appoint Alaskan politicians to "study" global warming, because, hello! It has been studied. The returns are convincing enough that John McCain and Barack Obama are darned near in agreement.

I would also want someone who didn't make a teeny little sneer when referring to "people who go to the Ivy League." When I was a teen I dreamed of going to Harvard, but my dad, an electrician, told me, "Boy, we don't have the money. Thank your lucky stars you were born in Urbana and can go to the University of Illinois right here in town." So I did, very happily. Although Palin gets laughs when she mentions the "elite" Ivy League, she sure did attend the heck out of college.

Five different schools in six years. What was that about?

And how can a politician her age have never have gone to Europe? My dad had died, my mom was working as a book-keeper and I had a job at the local newspaper when, at 19, I scraped together $240 for a charter flight to Europe. I had Arthur Frommer's $5 a Day under my arm, started in London, even rented a Vespa and drove in the traffic of Rome. A few years later, I was able to send my mom, along with the $15 a Day book.

You don't need to be a pointy-headed elitist to travel abroad. You need curiosity and a hunger to see the world. What kind of a person (who has the money) arrives at the age of 44 and has only been out of the country once, on an official tour to Iraq? Sarah Palin's travel record is that of a provincial, not someone who is equipped to deal with global issues.

But some people like that. She's never traveled to Europe, Asia, Africa, South America or Down Under? That makes her like them. She didn't go to Harvard? Good for her! There a lot of hockey moms who haven't seen London, but most of them would probably love to, if they had the dough. And they'd be proud if one of their kids won a scholarship to Harvard.

I trust the American people will see through Palin, and save the Republic in November. The most damning indictment against her is that she considered herself a good choice to be a heartbeat away. That shows bad judgment.

:OMG:
a WOMAN with self-confidence?!?! imagine the NERVE!! she probably thinks she should get the same pay as a man, too.
the next thing you know, she'll be saying women should be allowed to vote.
OMG... it almost sounds like she was saying a woman can be competent.

*sarcasm mode:eek:ff*]

Ebert needs to stick to reviewing movies. when he starts dabbling in the real world, he comes off sounding like a jackass.

oddly enough, all these mouth-breathing, booger-eating, leftist lemmings would be screaming from the rooftops if it were a woman on the left that this crap was being piled on.
that it's a right-wing woman suddenly makes sexism 'ok.'

hypocrites.

:danceboy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-schmeltzer/palins-wasilla-to-rape-vi_b_125047.html

Palin's Wasilla To Rape Victims: Bring Your Checkbook

Posted September 9, 2008 | 11:29 AM (EST)

Hat tip to AmericaBlog for this one.

In 2000, then-Governor Tony Knowles signed a bill in Alaska that ensured law enforcement around the state would pay for the processing of "Rape Kits" - forensics evidence collected in rape cases. Seemed common sense enough. Knowles noted, correctly, that we don't charge robbery victims the cost of dusting for prints, so why would be charge rape victims the cost of gathering evidence to apprehend their assailant?

Except one little town objected, and had previously refused to foot the bill to solve rape cases - Wasilla, under Mayor Sarah Palin.

Reported the local paper, The Frontiersman, at the time:

While the Alaska State Troopers and most municipal police agencies have covered the cost of exams, which cost between $300 to $1,200 apiece, the Wasilla police department does charge the victims of sexual assault for the tests.

Now, look, maybe this was long-standing policy, instituted far before Palin took office in Wasilla. Maybe she had been appointing people who would overturn this policy. Uh, no. After taking office, Palin fired the police chief, Irl Stambaugh (which made her a subject of a recall effort) and replaced him with Charlie Fannon. Fannon's view of paying to solve rape cases?

Wasilla Police Chief Charlie Fannon does not agree with the new legislation, saying the law will require the city and communities to come up with more funds to cover the costs of the forensic exams.

So, for four years - from 1996, when Palin took office to 2000 when this law was passed - Palin didn't seem to have a problem with charging rape victims to solve their own crime. And if she did, she certainly didn't communicate that to her hand-picked Police Chief, who didn't have a problem with it.

I guess that's one way to be a "Maverick."

Of course, I'd be willing to say that Palin was just a part-time Mayor with very little oversight or responsibility, and it's unfair to say she could do something about it.

But, as Palin has made clear, being Mayor was "kiiiiiind of like being a community organizer, except you have actual responsibility." And, of course, John McCain and his campaign have made clear that as Mayor, Palin had a ton of responsibility and decision-making pressure, which is why she's ready to assume the Presidency from Day One.

As much as this seems like a post about Sarah Palin, it's really not. It's about John McCain. What I want to know is at what point in the vetting process, after going through May**** records, did the McCain campaign learn that Palin condoned the charging of rape victims the cost of processing rape kits? And after they found out, before he selected her, did he discuss the matter in the extensive discussions he had with Palin about her record and her views?

Oh wait, that's right he didn't do any of this, because he made his decision after a short phone call. And now he has, on his ticket, someone who didn't seem to think that charging rape victims for forensics processing in their rape cases was all that big of a problem. Or, at least it wasn't a big enough problem to use her "responsibility" to change the policy.

One heartbeat away from being President.

OH NO!! you pulled out a link to a rabidly leftist blog site to prove your point. o_O

as usual, Ann says it better:

BUSH 7, TERRORISTS 0
September 10, 2008

Morose that there hasn't been another terrorist attack on American soil for seven long years, liberals were ecstatic when Hurricane Gustav was headed toward New Orleans during the Republican National Convention last week. The networks gave the hurricane plenty of breaking-news coverage -- but unfortunately it was Hurricane Katrina from 2005 they were covering.

On Keith Olbermann's Aug. 29 show on MSNBC, Michael Moore said the possibility of a Category 3 hurricane hitting the United States "is proof that there is a God in heaven." Olbermann responded: "A supremely good point."

Actually, Olbermann said that a few minutes later to some other idiotic point Moore had made, but that's how Moore would have edited the interview for one of his "documentaries," so I will, too. I would only add that Michael Moore's morbid obesity is proof that there is a Buddha.

Hurricane Gustav came and went without a hitch. What a difference a Republican governor makes!

As many have pointed out, the reason elected officials tend to neglect infrastructure projects, like reinforcing levees in New Orleans and bridges in Minneapolis, is that there's no glory when a bridge doesn't collapse. There are no round-the-clock news specials when the levees hold. You can't even name an overpass retrofitting project after yourself -- it just looks too silly. But everyone's taxes go up to pay for the reinforcements.

Preventing another terrorist attack is like that. There is no media coverage when another 9/11 doesn't happen. We can thank God that President George Bush didn't care about doing the safe thing for himself; he cared about keeping Americans safe. And he has, for seven years.

If Bush's only concern were about his approval ratings, like a certain impeached president I could name, he would not have fought for the Patriot Act and the war in Iraq. He would not have resisted the howling ninnies demanding that we withdraw from Iraq, year after year. By liberals' own standard, Bush's war on terrorism has been a smashing, unimaginable success.

A year after the 9/11 attack, The New York Times' Frank Rich was carping about Bush's national security plans, saying we could judge Bush's war on terror by whether there was a major al-Qaida attack in 2003, which -- according to Rich -- would have been on al-Qaida's normal schedule.

Rich wrote: "Since major al-Qaida attacks are planned well in advance and have historically been separated by intervals of 12 to 24 months, we will find out how much we've been distracted soon enough." ("Never Forget What?" New York Times, Sept. 14, 2002.)

There wasn't a major al-Qaida attack in 2003. Nor in 2004, 2005, 2006 or 2007. Manifestly, liberals thought there would be: They announced a standard of success that they expected Bush to fail.

As Bush has said, we have to be right 100 percent of the time, the terrorists only have to be right one time. Bush has been right 100 percent of the time for seven years -- so much so that Americans have completely forgotten about the threat of Islamic terrorism.

For his thanks, President Bush has been the target of almost unimaginable calumnies -- the sort of invective liberals usually reserve for seniors who don't separate their recyclables properly. Compared to liberals' anger at Bush, there has always been something vaguely impersonal about their "anger" toward the terrorists.

By my count, roughly one in four books in print in the world at this very moment have the words "Bush" and "Lie" in their title. Barnes & Noble has been forced to add an "I Hate Bush" section. I don't believe there are as many anti-Hitler books.

Despite the fact that Hitler brought "change," promoted clean, energy-efficient mass transit by making the trains run on time, supported abortion for the non-master races, vastly expanded the power of the national government and was uniformly adored by college students and their professors, I gather that liberals don't like Hitler because they're constantly comparing him to Bush.

The ferocity of the left's attacks on Bush even scared many of his conservative allies into turning on him over the war in Iraq.

George Bush is Gary Cooper in the classic western "High Noon." The sheriff is about to leave office when a marauding gang is coming to town. He could leave, but he waits to face the killers as all his friends and all the townspeople, who supported him during his years of keeping them safe, slowly abandon him. In the end, he walks alone to meet the killers, because someone has to.

That's Bush. Name one other person in Washington who would be willing to stand alone if he had to, because someone had to.

OK, there is one, but she's not in Washington yet. Appropriately, at the end of "High Noon," Cooper is surrounded by the last two highwaymen when, suddenly, his wife (Grace Kelly) appears out of nowhere and blows away one of the killers! The aging sheriff is saved by a beautiful, gun-toting woman.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mega_vomit.gif