Halford Manager Explains "Scaled Down" Version Of The Metal Gods Tour 2003

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
HALFORD Manager Says THE METAL GODS Tour Could Not Be Rescheduled Before The Fall
HALFORD manager John Baxter has issued a statement defending the group's decision to limit the "scaled-down" version of The 2003 Metal Gods North American Tour to only a handful of dates, beginning with the June 3 show at The Phoenix in Petaluma, California. As previously reported, the original multi-band package featuring HALFORD, co-headliners TESTAMENT, IMMORTAL, CARNAL FORGE, PRIMAL FEAR, PAINMUSEUM, and AMON AMARTH was called off earlier in the month due to "contractual difficulties."

"I probably haven't made it clear, but ICM (current booking agency) did contact all promoters of [The Metal Gods] tour, and nearly all wanted to re-book HALFORD in Sept./Oct." Baxter wrote on the group's official web site. "Unfortunately, that's too late for us.

"We planned out our year with [The Metal Gods] North American dates (April/June), and we were holding time in late June, and all of July for international dates. Writing was scheduled to commence in August/September.

"As previously disclosed, Rob chose not to tour Europe in June/July. We're still waiting on word from South America/Asia & Australia. The window is closing on those possible tours, for we are anxious to rest and then get to work on the next HALFORD release.

"Because of the errors made with our former booking agency, the early June West Coast dates are all that we are able to salvage here in the U.S. There are too many previously scheduled summer tours in place, and most promoters are fearful of competing with themselves, or other major tours."

3 words: FUCK METAL GODS!!!!!

Enough of this nonsense. No1 gives a shit anyone, Baxter needs to spare us any more "excuses" and "explanations". Its done and ain't happening again. I think Metal audiences everywhere have moved on.

TESTAMENT needs to head out on their own and kick North America's ass \m/ Get cracking Walter!!!!! :)

Thrashiq said:
3 words: FUCK METAL GODS!!!!!

Enough of this nonsense. No1 gives a shit anyone, Baxter needs to spare us any more "excuses" and "explanations". Its done and ain't happening again. I think Metal audiences everywhere have moved on.

TESTAMENT needs to head out on their own and kick North America's ass \m/ Get cracking Walter!!!!! :)

Testament & Walter want nothing more than to set out & tour, I'm just on the train, when it moves so do I. But a train does'nt get off the track, thats been laid down, & makes stops that are only pre-designated....................>>>>>>

I'm also personally sick of Testament and Halford being stuck together. I want to see Testament play a 2 hour set...

This guys excuses are starting to bore me too....what a cluster fuck!

Hopefully the rumors are true about Maiden, Priest, and Slayer doing a tour together (with Rob) this fall...that would kick serious ass (even though they keep saying Rob has no intention of doing this...for some strange reason I think they are lying...one can hope anyway)

Testament doesn't need Halford anyway...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather see Testament headline their own tour anyway:Spin:

Slayer's headlining the Jager tour this fall, so I dunno if they'll go out with Maiden and Priest.

I think Rob actually needs to ditch Baxter (IMHO), and get someone that's more concerned with managing Rob's career than making themselves look good. Because it seems like everytime Baxter puts out a press release, its either about him and what he's done, or its just more finger pointing and excuses

Testament & Walter want nothing more than to set out & tour, I'm just on the train, when it moves so do I. But a train does'nt get off the track, thats been laid down, & makes stops that are only pre-designated....................>>>>>>

Walter, stop with the fruity philosophical replies and show us some results! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

What's Testament's status as of right now anyways? Is stuff being written, any new songs done? Been 4 long years since The Gathering...I don't mind not seeing Testament for another year or so if they'll put out a new one soon! :p Haha! Actually I would!! Tour first!!!!!

BTW buddy up there...will you stop with the "rumours of Rob in Priest" posts...Jesus...that's such an unbelievable load of shit, I can't understand how people even give that a second though...Halford's about to start doing his 3rd record...

Brent said:
I'm also personally sick of Testament and Halford being stuck together. I want to see Testament play a 2 hour set...

lol.gif
Youre joking right? I mean I know youd LIKE to see them play 2 hours, so would I, but they havent played longer than 65 or 70 minutes in a LONG time, atleast not in MA, CT, NJ or RI. I cant understand why, playing less than 2 hours should be unheard of with so many albums. They are not the only band guilty of it either. Iron Maiden only plays for 90 minutes.
grumble.gif