Hammerfall/Edguy

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
I have mixed emotions. I love both bands. I'm gutted about Hammerfall and delighted about Edguy.

Anyway I know that Edguy will put in a stirling performance and I can't wait to see them again.

I also hope Hammerfall are back for Bloodstock '04' and I'm sure that everyone on here hopes that Oscar has a speedy recovery.

Disaster talk about spoiling my day. Hammerfall for me were THE band of the festival. Not being as well up on these things as some of you guys I have never heard of Edguy. Hope they are a good replacement.

Bearintown said:
Disaster talk about spoiling my day. Hammerfall for me were THE band of the festival. Not being as well up on these things as some of you guys I have never heard of Edguy. Hope they are a good replacement.

Edguy are a magnificent band. I'm sure that anyone who loves Hammerfall will also love Edguy. I can personally recommend any Edguy album. Also they cut the mustard live and Tobias is an excellent singer and front man.

Eagle said:
Edguy are a magnificent band. I'm sure that anyone who loves Hammerfall will also love Edguy. I can personally recommend any Edguy album. Also they cut the mustard live and Tobias is an excellent singer and front man.

I second that Eagle. I saw them at the Underworld with Gamma Ray.

All I can say is... AWESOME !!!

I got from a friend a copy of the Mandrake album and really enjoyed it, so yeah I am looking forward to it. Tobias is very Bruce Dickinson I thought.
I will miss laughing at Hammerfalls capes etc though.

Sounds like Edguy could be alright. Will get a good idea over the weekend as my fellow Bloodstocker has been busy downloading them since he heard.
Still hard to swallow though , a band you've got all the albums of being replaced by one you've never heard of.
Still nobodies fault. Lets make the best of it.

Bearintown said:
Sounds like Edguy could be alright. Will get a good idea over the weekend as my fellow Bloodstocker has been busy downloading them since he heard.
Still hard to swallow though , a band you've got all the albums of being replaced by one you've never heard of.
Still nobodies fault. Lets make the best of it.

Just buy their new live album 'Burning Down The Opera' I'm guessing that most of the bloodstock set will be taken from that.

Yeah, I probably prefer Hammerfall in the studio (and their latest is a welcome return to form after the less than stellar Renegade), but having seen both, Edguy are the better live band, and I'm looking forward to them. As Volcane said, they were awesome at the Underworld with Gamma Ray.