Hammet leaving Metallica?

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
No that would be Ride The Lightning... with And Justice for All the writing was on the wall about what direction they were heading when they did One on the album as well as coming out with the video etc... :err:

Well, I'm not of the opinion that Metallica "sold out" by making a video. As far as I'm concerned all that matters is the music is good. "One" is a fucking great metal song, with a cracking guitar solo, just like the rest of the "Justice" album. The reason Metallica are shite is not because they "sold out", it's because they forgot how to write a good song, and compounded it on St Anger by...well, I won't go into it's many and varied flaws, you all know the deal with that fucking rancid pile of shite.

5thSeason said:
i second that :lol:

Seriously tho... if kirk leaves metallica I really dont care, they arent even a band anymore IMO. Hopefully he will start a new old school thrash band or something.
if he does leave, its highly probably he'll start some jazz funk thing, since kirk is all into the jazz thing when he's not shredding with metallica.

Stormwatch said:
The reason Metallica are shite is not because they "sold out", it's because they forgot how to write a good song, and compounded it on St Anger by...well, I won't go into it's many and varied flaws, you all know the deal with that fucking rancid pile of shite.

Rumor has it that even Lars' father told him that the album sucked while they were making it and that they should just scrap it and start again.

See what happens when you don't listen to your parents? :D

As long as James hetfield doesnt leave and lars, they will be ok i guess, i mean kirk wasnt even one of the original 4, Dave, if you read this, COME BACK TO METALLICA!!
newsted is a dick, but a good bassist, isnt he now part of team ozzy?

GrotesqueWingedCreature said:
As long as James hetfield doesnt leave and lars, they will be ok i guess, i mean kirk wasnt even one of the original 4, Dave, if you read this, COME BACK TO METALLICA!!
newsted is a dick, but a good bassist, isnt he now part of team ozzy?

Leadwise Kirk is better then Dave... dave is a great lead guitarist but i can get bored of listening to pentatonic shit rehashed over and over... Kirk is a overall better guitarist.. but then again dave is a great rhythm player no doubt about that... but i think Dave's time in Metallica improved him... as for Jason. he's a dick and he always sucked... they need to dig up Cliff period!! :wave:

What the fuck is wrong with Newstead? He is a highly competent bassist, and Doomsday For The Deceiver is superior to you and your mother, as well as most of Metallica's material.

Dodens Grav said:
What the fuck is wrong with Newstead? He is a highly competent bassist, and Doomsday For The Deceiver is superior to you and your mother, as well as most of Metallica's material.

I think your a cool dude Doden.. but Jason was nothing special... Gene Simmons can probably play better bass lines then him lol jkk.. I saw Jason during the 1988 And Justice For All tour and believe me.. i sat down through his whole solo and wished it was over it was that boring... as for his lines on the albums.. i wouldnt be surprised if they were written for him... I liked Flotsam better after he left... but Doomsday is a good album.. wish i could find it nowadays... :kickass:

You thought Jason's solo was boring? Well, blasphemy it may be, but I find "Anesthesia" boring and I skip it every time I listen to "KEA". Bass guitars are not meant for solos.
And what the fucks wrong with Gene Simmons?! "Christine Sixteen" is just one great song from many.

i've heard some exceptional bass solos. its all in the approach though. i don't think an extended bass solo fits well with metallica the way it would with rush, dream theater...