Happy Metal

Im more of a Black Metal fan but screw anyone who disses power metal...
Gamma Ray
Kamelot
Rhapsody
Helloween
RUNNING WILD
Virgin Steel
Iron Savior
Newer Therion
Nightwish

Now Playing: Bal-sagoth and Raven

Hey, dude! I can help you!
We play a high quality russian happy metal. We've just released our new album called "Elfiyskaya Rukopis'". It is the first Russian metal with famous russian rock singers.

Click to download fragments of the opera tracks here: http://www.epidemia.ru/show.php?page=8&slang=en

The album was produced by the leader of 'Aria' (russian famous rock band!!) band Vladimir Kholstinin who also recorded several parts for the opera. "Elfiyskaya Rukopis'" features 11 tracks sharing a common plotline plus one bonus track.

i didnt even know there was such a thing as happy metal
so the only band/person/thing i can mention is Rob Zombie cause he smiles for like a couple of seconds really mainically in the video to Dragula

speed said:
I really dislike Happy metal, but since no one has replied yet here are some bands that have excellent skills and stupid songs: Helloween, Iron Savior, Blind Guardian, Manowar, Startovarius, Primal Fear, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Rhapsody, Vision Divine, Labyrinth, Angra- well all those bands are either happy or kind of raise your fist for heavy metal type bands, and very talented at what they do. Once you check out a few of these bands, there seems to be a hundred ore that play exactly the same thing with the same riffs lyrics, vocalists etc. Its been a while since i was subjected to this crap( guitarist in the old band I was in was a big power metal fan, needless to say we had quite a few arguments).

There is nothing happy or "raise your fist for metal" in Angra.
And they don;t play like any other power metal band.
(excluding the entire Rebirth Album and a few songs from Angels Cry and Fireworks, of course).

But angra riffs, harmonies, Lyrics, melodies can't be categorized as standard power metal.

I mean, I don't even like power metal that much and Angra is one of my favorite bands ...