Hardcore is saving metal.

NicodemiX said:
It's unfortunate that Today Is the Day is on metal-archives reject list. uptight bastards.
See, what the fuck is that. Can someone listen to Sadness Will Prevail and deny that it's METHULL AS FUKK? It doesn't matter if you love it or hate it, but it is what it is. Metal.

That is weird. They won't accept TitD, but they'll accept Isis, Neurosis, Stand-Up Guy and even shit like Lamb of God and God Forbid

It baffles me too. I tried to add them, but then when the database warned me that it had already been rejected I checked with Pyrus and he told me that they were on the auto-reject list.

Atlas Shrugged said:
Someone told me the same thing once...he was an avid slipknot fan. :D
Cool. Slipknot is metal, how could they be anything but? They suck complete ass, but they are still metal.

I think the course has been run, I dunno. This is one of those threads I'll probably search for in 6 months and read through again, good discussion.

A better example would be Linkin Park...because though Slipknot may still be "metal" i refuse to say Linkin Park is. Im sorry, they just are not METAL. Im pretty sure they don't even have penises.

Atlas Shrugged said:
Someone told me the same thing once...he was an avid slipknot fan. :D

Yeah, the people I usually find who pull the "it's all muuuuusic!" babble tend to be gromits anxious to get into my good books for some reason :err: after I break their hearts by telling them that The Monkees aren't actually Metal...

YES! :mad: if it's only music, why is there a multi-billion £ industry around it? Why to people bother spending money on CDs, tapes, vinyls, concert tickets and t-shirts? Why do people even bother listening to it in the first place if it's only music? And what about all those artists who died for their music, eh? Fine way to shit on their grave, fucking gromits :mad:

On the whole "it's only music" is trite and useless, but it can work occasionally, especially when someone acts like you just shoved a broomstick up their mother's arse for incorrectly indetifying the motivation behind a set of death metal lyrics or something...if you feel compelled to write a thesis on the images conjured by a thirty-second piece of a twenty-minute song, more power to you, just don't act like an anus.com about it.
As for Slipknot being locked out of MA, I say accept them even if they're about as metal as a incontinent squirrel, just because the negative reviews would be a great source of laughter.