Hardcore questions

I don't consider grind to be -core at all. I fail to see how a band like Brutal Truth can be related to someone like Earth Crisis. Same with crustcore (Mindrot) or sludgecore (Iron Monkey). These bands are metal, plain and simple.

Does anyone really think of hardcore when listening to Nasum?

I like some hardcore bands and am definitely open-minded to any genre (though 'black metal' raises red flags with me since I can't stand most of what I've heard). Anyhoo, there is such a thin line between modern thrash and hardcore nowadays that I find it hard to distinguish. Sometimes bands like Shadows Fall are considered to be a -core band when all I hear is thrash-death metal.

Bands I have CDs from (and like) that I consider to be -core:
Mastodon
Neurosis
Today is the Day
Light Pupil Dilate
Eminence
Time of Orchids (at least some of the first album was -core, after that it's not, but they're one of my favorite bands)
Ephel Duath
Isis
Yakuza

I'm always open to more recommendations. I have mp3s from Martyr AD and Burnt by the Sun, and I had thought of getting releases from them, but haven't yet done so. Also, I liked some of the Dillinger Escape Plan I heard, so I'll be looking into them more.

J. said:
Does anyone really think of hardcore when listening to Nasum?
Yeah, more so than metal at least. I don't consider Nasum to be metal at all. They're basically really really extreme and quite metal-influenced punk.

Negurã Bunget is not NS. In interviews, Hupogrammas Disciple's has said that NS "is a powerful tool used by the right person at the right time at the right place," or something like that, but none of the members are NS followers as far as I know, and the band is not NSBM. However, the spoken Norwegian bit -- a quote from Ynglingasagan, written by ancient Icelandic writer Snorre Sturluson -- in "Negrii" does say stuff about "blåmenn" (lit. "blue men") which was the old norse name for black people. It's not derogatory in any way, I don't understand all of it but it basically just says "in part X of the world, there are blue men." I'm not sure what the rest of the song is about as it's in Romanian.

earth crisis is one of my favorite bands :oops: though i don't care for some of the EC vocals.
i also like diecast because they sound like earth crisis.

not too big into hardcore. i saw hatebreed live once, or twice hmm...MEH.