Hardest Instrument To Play

Vimana

Mar 2, 2007
In my opinion probably the Harmonica, its hard to play an instrument when you can't even see what you're doing.

Piano - two rythmns going on at once. Sycropation and coordination challenge
Violin and other fretless string - violin is a very small area to make music on and must all be done by ear and feel

harmonica just takes the time to get the feel.

Sitar - The Indians dont even know what to do with it, a very abrasive instrument

Some Chinese instruments look hard.

Like these

Pipa
pipa.jpg

Konghou
konghou.jpg

Yangqin
mus-yangqin.jpg

The Hurdy-Gurdy seems like it's challenging. You have a keyboard to create the sound as you spin the crank, and you have to speed up and slow down your spinning to create a percussive effect with the buzzing bridge. Seems to me like it would be really mentally challenging to get good at it.

Louvet_Drehleier.JPG

And a lot of social problems for the player...

The Hurdy-Gurdy seems like it's challenging. You have a keyboard to create the sound as you spin the crank, and you have to speed up and slow down your spinning to create a percussive effect with the buzzing bridge. Seems to me like it would be really mentally challenging to get good at it.

Louvet_Drehleier.JPG

It looks like a shoe.

the organ

At this one church the organ was so fucking loud, it was louder than the people singing and the player was playing really high notes, I had to scream to be able to talk to my dad when it was playing.

I just had a two hour debate... and I stand by my original argument.... This question is flawed... each instrument presents its ownn challenges... and those challenges are overcome by playing and practicing... once those challenges aren't there, new problems arise... I think music is too realitive to say "this instrument is harder than this one" because how do you compare... what is is based on??? Of course learning to play guitar is easier if you have played cello... (e.g.) or learning to play trumpet is harder if you have never played a wind instrument... so, I say... the question is flawed... NEXT.