Hardware problem after installing Pro tools 8

brianhood

No Care Ever
I finally had enough free time to make the switch from pro tools 7.4 to pro tools 8. I used the uninstaller that was included with the download, and was sure to disconnect my 003 rack+ while it was uninstalling.

The installation was fine, and everything seemed fine a launch(it was loading all the plugins and whatnot), but then it said my hardware was not connected. I checked to make sure i plugged it back in securely(which i did), and still nothing. I turned it off and back on and still the same message. I restarted my computer, and still got the same thing....

I'm running windows xp pro

Pro tools 7.4 ran fineall day today, and i know nothing has changed on my system other than uninstalling 7.4 and installing 8.

anyone know what the deal could be? I plan on calling tech support, but i'll have to wait until tomorrow since it's after 5pm.

You did leave the "Found new hardware" dialog open if it appeared? And you did start your installation with the 003 disconnected?

You did leave the "Found new hardware" dialog open if it appeared? And you did start your installation with the 003 disconnected?

I dont remember seeing that dialog, but if it appeared, i didn't click it.

I did start the installation with the 003 disconnected, but i connected it as soon as it said to connect it(before the installation actually took place)

and other ideas of what it could be?

hmm... I think I can recall something about this being a firmware problem, though I think in the specific case I read about was a 003 with Mac. But you maybe can give it a shot.

This is from Digidesign's answerbase:

How do I reset the firmware on 003?
There is a way to force a 003 or 003 Rack into a "Load Firmware" mode, then you can launch Pro Tools and it will prompt you for the firmware update.

To force this mode (same on 003 and 003R):

With the unit off hold down 'Aux In->7/8' and the 'Mute' button (next to the Monitor knob), and then turn on the power to the unit. On 003 you'll see the display say "Load Firmware" and the MIDI Lights (In, Out1, Out2) will all start flashing. The MIDI lights flashing is the only indication on the 003 Rack that the unit is in this mode.

Once it is in this mode, launch Pro Tools, and you will see the message, "003 has firmware version x.xx, do you want to update..." Click the Update button to upload the 003 firmware.