Harvest Background vocal-line

I love those background vocals. Ans whats with all of that gibberish at the end of "By The Pain I See In Others". I guess its in Swedish or something, but it still sounds cool.

Wow, I thought it (the end of of By The Pain I See In Others) was just some random babbling. Although it sounded like an islamese call to prayer. You know, some guy yells like that in the top of a huge tower and everybody knows that it's the time to bow to Mecca and pray... Sorry about my imagination. :D

The background vocals on the last chorus for Harvest is as follows:
"Release your grip now, let me go, into this night."
That is an official statement from michael, not just a wild guess.
So now you know.

Also, the background vocals on The funeral portrait is:
"And you are just like them all, stained by the name of fathers.
Im greeting my downward fall, leaving the throes for others."
Read the lyrics, will ya? :p

By the pain I see in others:

Htaed otni yaw eht dael
Won resolc
Peels rof gnol
Gnivael dna
Yawa gnidaf

Tuohtiw Od Nac I Tahw
Em Gniwohs
Thgil Laerehte
Raeppasid Dna
Edaf Sruoloc
Ecnart Gnihtoos

read it backwards...

splump said:
Also, the background vocals on The funeral portrait is:
"And you are just like them all, stained by the name of fathers.
Im greeting my downward fall, leaving the throes for others."
Read the lyrics, will ya? :p

Yeah, I know the lyrics.. but you obviously don't understand what I mean. What I meant was what's sung in the background during that part (the second time those lines are sung), with a "telephone" effect on Mikael's voice, and it's quite clear that the lyrics aren't the same.... get it this time???

It's a part of Master's Apprentices played backward.

I read that it was a verse in Wreath played backward, but whatever. I think it's cool that someone figured this out, but I'm mad, because that leaves nearly no mystery to anything Opeth does at all. Of course, in 10 years, a new generation will have to figure it out all over again. So, I don't mind much.

QUOTE: "The background vocals on the last chorus for Harvest is as follows:
"Release your grip now, let me go, into this night."
That is an official statement from michael, not just a wild guess.
So now you know."

Cool, I have ALWAYS wondered what that was, I'll have to go and listen to it now. Where did Mikael make that statement? Just in a magazine interview somewhere?