Has RC helped anyone find a cool new band or album?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
We're 18 months old.

I'm just curious as to whether you've discovered any new bands or albums that you otherwise wouldn't have looked into had it not been for RC ('zine reviews or forum discussions).

List whether it was a review of forum discussion, if you can remember.

Now there might be several, there might be none, but it would be interesting to see what the significant new finds might be and if there's any commonalities amongst us. ('Significant' meaning a band or album that has become somewhat of a favourite in your collection).

Of course, this includes recommendations from regulars as well as staff writers. I don't see why we need to make the distinction since we're all part of the same on-line community supported by RC.

:Spin:

JayKeeley said:
We're 18 months old.
Crikey!

I'd say probably more than half my purchases are a direct result from the 'zine and forum, but Sunn 0))) and Swans are two groups I would've never heard of that have become some of my favorites.

Haha, forgot Hammers once again. That's a big one, they are one of 6 groups in my top 10 for the 2000's even. :loco:

There have been quite a few, Negura Bunget, Drudkh, and Hammers Of Misfortune being the most obvious examples, even though I was introduced to the last through LOTFP but didn't become a fervent supporter until joining the brigade here...

Nasheim (although that was more through lutz on irc perhaps)
Drudkh
Negura Bunget
Weakling
Silencer
Deathspell Omega
Woods of ypres

Thanks Speed. :kickass:

I would probably have to list Nasheim, Negura Bunget, Drudkh, Hammers of Misfortune, and a few others to my list of bands that I acclimated myself with as a direct influence of this board.

Many thanks to those who have helped me out in my never-ending search for new and promising bands! :kickass:

Nasheim
Lethal
October Falls
Negurã Bunget
Drudkh
I think the interview with DsO that finally sparked my interest was posted here.

And most importantly I saw Sorath, spaffe and Lutz speak of Watain and Ondskapt quite a bit a long while ago.

JayKeeley said:
We're 18 months old.

I'm just curious as to whether you've discovered any new bands or albums that you otherwise wouldn't have looked into had it not been for RC ('zine reviews or forum discussions).

List whether it was a review of forum discussion, if you can remember.
Bands that I've been turned onto by my RC brethren:

Decapitated
Drudkh
Enslaved
Hades
Hammers of Misfortune
Kataklysm
Nightfall
Unmoored
Vital Remains

Don't recall which were forum and which were reviews other than Nightfall, which was a Chief B review.

Zod

RC makes me purchase way too much records :D
the most note worthy recomendation has been empyrium i would think, which has become one of my absolute favourite bands.

i actually found out about nasheim and negura bunget before i started to frequent this forum, found both bands through links in peoples avatars of all places

spaffe said:
the most note worthy recomendation has been empyrium i would think, which has become one of my absolute favourite bands.
Is there anyone here who owns Songs of Moors... now and thinks it's anything less than magnificent?