have airport horror stories? share!

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Well, as most of you know, I went to Pittsburgh from Thursday to Sunday. When I landed, I waited and waited for my checked bag (Garden of Gray shirt, In Memory shirt, Chuck Schuldiner shirt, Heathen Crusade II shirt, bottle of vodka, wires for my Wii, CDRs, other clothing). I waited and waited... the carousel stopped moving, and that was it... APPARENTLY, they never put my bag on my plane. They tell me that IF it gets there, they'll call me. I was pretty pissed off until 3:00 when they called me to tell me that they found the bag and they'd deliver it within 2 hours. 5:00 rolls around, and nothing... 6, nothing... 7:30, my bag gets delivered. whew.

other than that, all of my flying experiences have been good

A little bit over a year ago, during the holiday season, I had about a grand or more worth of luggage stolen. I had a huge suitcase with cologne, some holiday gifts I was going to give some people, some electronics, a few DVDs and a couple of other things with me. I was planning on taking that on the plane, but they said it was too big and I had to check it. I told them I am worried my stuff will be stolen or broken. They said I have nothing to worry about, that kind of stuff never happens and if it is packed well, it will not break. So I checked it.
I arrive, and sure enough, everything in the bag, besides for clothing, is gone.
I call the airport to complain, they tell me that there is nothing they can do about it and I need to call the TSA. I call the TSA, and they tell me that there is nothing they can do (even though it was THEIR employees that stole my stuff).
After a few more days of getting the run around from everyone I was calling, I gave up and figured what's done is done.

I bet those asshole employees got some of their Christmas shopping done. I still hope my stuff brought them terrible luck, if such a thing really exists.

nope. but I worked at an airport.
There was a guy making racial slurs towards one of our employees so when his bag was sent down the belt so that we could put it on the cart, we got a call to destroy it because the guy was an asshole.
Stomping, punching, running over with the tug, tossing into the air, smelling cologne and laughing. Im sure he wasnt happy when he got his bag. It was bent the fuck up!

The most that ever has happened to me was landing at O Hare and somehow getting lost in the place. I was walking around for half an hour and then I finally managed to get out but it was through the entrance doors, then a cop was yelling at me for waiting at the drop off point.

1) Once my flight got canceled and the next flight was delayed. I had to wait for 20 hours and I had some infection or something. I was on all possible antibiotics and painkillers and I thought I was going to die... It's not exactly a horror story but it sucked.

2) It was in Russia Vnukovo airport. I used the public bathroom. It was horrifying. The most disgusting and filthy place I've ever seen and (the most horrifying thing) I had to pay for it...

Well, on the way back from Beijing to Stockholm, first of all the chinese people had told me they would fix everything and make sure my bags would get checked in so I wouldnt have to pick them up in Stockholm. (This shouldn't work, since you have to go through customs and ALWAYS check in your luggage again for incoming international flights continuing on national ones.) I thought it was kinda weird since you'd normally not get to do that, but I figured what the hell.
After a pretty uncomfortable flight for 10 hours, I finally make it to Stockholm, and since I still somewhat had faith in them, I skipped the baggage check, since I was already late for the Gothenburg flight. Once there I was told that they didn't do that, AND that the plane had already closed for departure. FUCK!
So after that I JUST managed to get a new flight booked, since I wasn't the only one that missed it, and had to spend almost an hour waiting for my baggage that was misplaced somewhere, then to JUST make it and get my baggage checked in on time.

Damn chinese people.

Well, on the way back from Beijing to Stockholm, first of all the chinese people had told me they would fix everything and make sure my bags would get checked in so I wouldnt have to pick them up in Stockholm. (This shouldn't work, since you have to go through customs and ALWAYS check in your luggage again for incoming international flights continuing on national ones.) I thought it was kinda weird since you'd normally not get to do that, but I figured what the hell.
After a pretty uncomfortable flight for 10 hours, I finally make it to Stockholm, and since I still somewhat had faith in them, I skipped the baggage check, since I was already late for the Gothenburg flight. Once there I was told that they didn't do that, AND that the plane had already closed for departure. FUCK!
So after that I JUST managed to get a new flight booked, since I wasn't the only one that missed it, and had to spend almost an hour waiting for my baggage that was misplaced somewhere, then to JUST make it and get my baggage checked in on time.

Damn chinese people.
GONG HAI FAT CHOI!

my friend was walking through the metal detector and he said "i think i have a gun on me" just a little too loud and was tackled by security. wasnt too funny at the time but now i laugh my ass off whenever i picture it.