Have Opeth been on a soundtrack to a movie?

I'm fed up with computers and technology, so I come here once in a while. where have you been? You're one of the few I miss the long chats...

I dont post so much here, anymore either. This place has changed...

still i like to pop in once and awhile

not that I know of, but I once emailed Mikael in 2001 about writing a score for a PS2 game - my design partner and I were pitching an adventure/survival horror title to various publishers (I'm a game designer for Rainbow Studios; this was before we were bought by THQ). very premature to check on scoring, but it was still worth a shot.

anyway, he wrote back and said he'd be very interested in doing something like that if the genre were right, which it was. unfortunately, the project went away (as they often do), and with it, the opportunity to have him do the music.

still, I'd love to see Opeth write something cinematic one day; the quieter, moodier interludes in their music could work very well in that regard.

-GG
np: My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans

id love to see the ballet performance to deliverance... itd be very interesting to see how they dealt with it.

i went to see it last week. it was pretty interesting, i wished they would have synchronized it a bit more with the music, but it was great to see such an interesting combination of metal and ballet.

Guitar Hero III: Oh hell yes.

I'd want to play Funeral Portrait, Blackwater Park, Wreath or Ghost of Perdition - each one is a total riff-fest.

I hope Opeth would supply the masters, though; I'd hate to hear someone try to cover Mikael's roar - witness what happened with the poor imitation of Randy Blythe's bark on Laid to Rest...

-GG
np: Enslaved - Below the Lights

well, one day i was watching vh1 and it was all about child stars "where are they now" and at some part windowpane is playing... it tripped me out.

except for this thread, a friend of mine saw that there was playing windowpane in mezzo's jazz sequences mix:) this is really great