Opeth soundtrack

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
I was just thinking, which movie would be worthy of an Opeth soundtrack? This might be a good question to ask the band - if they are going to ever do a soundtrack for a major motion picture. I would kill to see a movie set to Opeth, such as a battle epic, timeless romance, or possibly a horror movie ala m. night shamyalan.

Kenneth R. said:
too bad m night sucks barring a few exceptions.
He only made a few movies. I can definitely see 'The Village' set to Opeth, which is better appreciated as a love story than a horror shocker. Yeah, I liked all of his movies, Unbreakable probably the least.

Actually i think the most obvious one would be The Lord of The Rings. The first one would suit the opeths music more than the others i my opinion.:headbang:

What about that new movie, I think it's called An American Haunting? Dunno, but everytime I see a preview for it I think of Ghost of Perdition.

about Lord of the Rings...Austrian Symphonic Black Metallers Summoning was asked to do the soundtrack for it, but they turned it down unfortunately ;(

artnoir said:
about Lord of the Rings...Austrian Symphonic Black Metallers Summoning was asked to do the soundtrack for it, but they turned it down unfortunately ;(

?!?!?!?!?
do you have link to the info?

no, sorry...I read it in an interview a few years back...unfortunately their website doesnät work, but maybe if you search on altavista or google for summoning interviews you might find something...

Scourge of Malice said:
they asked summoning to do the soundtrack?!?!?!?!? THat would have been so fucking amazing!

I think the village would go well with some stuff off GR.

I agree there - some parts of Harlequin Forest, and even Reverie would have fit awesomely.

There's no way that Summoning could have appeared on the LOTR soundtrack... one of my friends owns all the extended versions of the movies, and we watched the interviews with Peter Jackson and Howard Shore... they would never have considered anything like Summoning.

As for a movie that would have gone well to Opeth's music... I don't think there is a perfect one yet. Sure, there are parts of movies, but not whole ones. Scenes with mysterious foggy forests would work... ala some of LOTR.

Scourge of Malice said:
they asked summoning to do the soundtrack?!?!?!?!? THat would have been so fucking amazing!

I think the village would go well with some stuff off GR.
I dunno I think the Village set to 'Still Life' would be great. and about Lord of the Rings, I dont think that would fit with Opeth.