Opeth+Lord Of The Rings

SkullFucker

Oct 18, 2002
Australia
Visit site
I think Opeth would be the best fucking thing to be used as a soundtrack for lord of the rings. Even if their was no vocals (tho mikaels low growls would set the perfect evil mood) i think they would kick some serious arse.
that is all.

haha i think its funny that everyone talks about that movie on this forum, i can see the connection and all between the music and that movie, but its not thatttt great of a movie, the second one looks killer though

Originally posted by SkullFucker
I think Opeth would be the best fucking thing to be used as a soundtrack for lord of the rings. Even if their was no vocals (tho mikaels low growls would set the perfect evil mood) i think they would kick some serious arse.
that is all.

!!!
I was thinking the exact same hing the other night whilst listening to Deliverance. I thought For Absent Friends and Wreath, (because of the ring wreaths). I think they would go commercial in a second if that was to happen though. :cry:

\m/

IMHO, the first film was good - not as great as it could have been, but WAY better than I anticipated. The beauty of the scenery is simply beyond my comprehension and certain characters are portrayed extremely well (Gandalf, especially - should have got the Oscar definitely) - although I agree with Hearse that some choices for actors were somewhat, hmm, suspicious, to say the least.

BUT. There was one major flaw in the movie, IMHO - the music. I can hardly believe the film got such praise for it, as I cannot remember a single tune played there, that would have somehow enhanced the atmosphere or "touched" me. I'm pretty sure every second poor death-metal or folk band could have done FAR better music for the movie.

Anyway, I film almost worth the book. Have watched it more than a dozen times already - not as many times as I have read the book, though - and I know I will watch it at least once a year from now on.

Originally posted by Dvoters
(because of the ring wreaths).

I guess you mean the Ring-wraiths?

-Villain