Lord of the fucking rings

Originally posted by Sadistik
i am setting myself for a flaming here, but....I didn't like LOTR....Don't worry, I'm planning on seeing it again to make sure :). I was in a bad mood and suffering from no sleep and stressed out because it was the last day of class and people had been walking all over my pride and dignity all day (told you I was in a bad mood!), and I think that may have afected my feelings towards the film...
just one question.. have u red the books?
'cuz there is slot of things in the movie that dont relly get explained.. and u know all that stuff if u have read the books...
the could be the one thing.. and the other thing could be that u just did not like it :eek:
but anyways... nobody is perfect :lol:

Originally posted by Soulreaper

Biggest LOTR fan here??????? :eek:

I think not !!!! :)
Anyhow,
I saw it 3 times till now, and currently looking for people to go with for the 4th, 5th, and so on :D
well, dont want to make this a compotision but... i have seen it 5 times now... and have bought tickets to a sixth :D
and i layd out on the streets for many days to get a ticket to the world premiere.. but sinse u are a big LOTR fan to i guess u did that to :D

just one question.. have u red the books?

Yeah, I've read'em, and I love'em....but I'm just not "feelin' it" for the film, ya know? Amazing visually though, so everyone should at least see it for that.

And welcome back to Tenebrose, It's been long since you graced us with your beautiful presence!:tickled:

Originally posted by mindflesh
I can't really understand people who watch the same film twice without at least some months in between, even if it is a great movie...

nor can i, although LOTR is the only film ive ever watched twice in the cinema, thats 3 times in 2 days, although i didnt pay for the second time, thats why i went. plus i probably will get the DVD from the bloke down the pub and watch it again, this time with the family, so um yeah.

Before I'd seen the film I'd never read LoTR... :eek: THE SHAME! :cry:

I'd read the Hobbit, so I knew what had happened before, and after watching the film on Friday I've just finished the book tonight (Monday).

I prefer the book to the film, 'cos it explains everything, but the film is possibly the best I've ever seen except maybe The Godfathers part I and II. :D

Originally posted by rustymetal
Before I'd seen the film I'd never read LoTR... :eek: THE SHAME! :cry:

I'd read the Hobbit, so I knew what had happened before, and after watching the film on Friday I've just finished the book tonight (Monday).

I prefer the book to the film, 'cos it explains everything, but the film is possibly the best I've ever seen except maybe The Godfathers part I and II. :D

yeah but then everyone prefers books...
anyway its gonna be another star wars, start as 3, then have 3 prequels. although i dont see the hobit as 3 films, although its kept on being mentioned in LOTR, what with the dragon fire works and all that talk of mountains, and Bilbo's book he is writing (which incidently is probably the hobit) oh and the godfather parts 1,2, and yes even 3 are brilliant, with the exception of 3 that is :p (seriously though part 3 is good, its not as bad as everyone says...)

Originally posted by _Transparent_

yeah but then everyone prefers books...
anyway its gonna be another star wars, start as 3, then have 3 prequels. although i dont see the hobit as 3 films, although its kept on being mentioned in LOTR, what with the dragon fire works and all that talk of mountains, and Bilbo's book he is writing (which incidently is probably the hobit) oh and the godfather parts 1,2, and yes even 3 are brilliant, with the exception of 3 that is :p (seriously though part 3 is good, its not as bad as everyone says...)

Thing with Godfather is that the first two were SO good, the third was expected to be just as good. Because it didn't quite make it, people think it's bad.

Wasn't there a hobbit film AGES ago? I remember seeing it one Chrimbo when I was young... maybe 10-12 years ago?

I haven't seen it yet. I don't get out much. Then again, I haven't read the books either. I guess I am just behind on things. :confused:

Oh well...I will try to go see it soon. I doubt my experience will be as good as Satori's. :lol:

Originally posted by rustymetal
Wasn't there a hobbit film AGES ago? I remember seeing it one Chrimbo when I was young... maybe 10-12 years ago?
yep there were... but it was animated, in the style of the LOTR animated film...

I saw the film during the day on new years eve and it was really cool. Very well done for a Hollywood film cuz it was played quite straight and innocent instead of post modern comedy or just going over too the top. It was quite cheezy but I think they did about the best they could. Stuff was cut out but a normal holywood film would have tried to pack the whole 3 parts into one 2.5 hour film whereas they actually paced it quite well at 3 hours for one part. I could easily have watched the whole 9hour thing in 1 go but the bastards are going to make us wait a year at a time.

One thing you should be prepared for is that the film just kindof ends with everyone wandering off - ie there is no actual ending cause the next film literally just follws on.

The effects and filming were really damn cool though a bit flickery in places and the fight with the blobby cave troll thing was obviously computerised.

One thing that I thought was odd is that the film gut a PG (parental guidance) certificate in the UK byt on all the adverts they tagged on acheesy american guy saying "my not be suitable for under 8s". Having seen the film you can tell why cause there is quite a bit of violence and although they cleverly show virtually no blood there is limbs being cut off, torture and decapitation. It like how the star wars films always get U (universal) certificates - Im sure the film companies pay off the censorship boards.

Oh yeah, I also found out the other day that the director, Peter Jackson was the same guy who directed cult comedy gore flick "Bad Taste" (hard to believe!) so I have nothing bad to say about this man!

The reason they put the old "may not be suitable for under 8's" was probably about the bit when Bilbo sees the ring in Rivendell and sort of turns into a goblin for a split-second. That made me sort of jump, and I could see how a 7 yr old might get scared.

Originally posted by TyrantOfFlames

They pronounced it correctly: sour-ron. They really found some gurus on the works of Tolkien when they made this movie, even down to the flaming whip of the Balrog.

not really...few a bits of correct pronuncation and including the fact the balrog has a flaming whip when you all have to do is read the book up unto the point where the balrog is (with his flaming whip) doesn't make you an expert...i would had hope who ever made the film would had included it, as all you need to do is read the <1/4 of effing book once, if they left it out it would had been inexcusable...puting it in means nothing, compared to all the things they did leave out...e.g. Glorfindal, one of two ppl in the books ever to have killed a balrog, flaming whip and all...