Opeth soundtrack

I dont really see Summoning as Symphonic Black Metal. Most often, people consider them Folk or Viking Metal.

<---Hates genre fights

On topic, But what would the fan boys of Opeth think of all this? I personally think it would be pretty cool:)

after 'Signs' (was that how this crap was called?) I wouldn't give Shamyalan even a Backstreet Boys soundtrack...

I know, Signs was supposedly scary.

Damn, Horror movies are so shitty these days. I laughed all the way through Silent Hill, Hostel and The Hills Have Eyes.

Crysiss said:
I know, Signs was supposedly scary.

Damn, Horror movies are so shitty these days. I laughed all the way through Silent Hill, Hostel and The Hills Have Eyes.

I wouldn't really consider Signs a horror movie... it was actually geared to be an uplifting movie at the end...

Opeth has always reminded me of Lord of the Rings (Especially their more acoustic songs).

Just watched all the trilogy of LOTR's. Personally don't think opeth would fit in.
The films are good, but far far too long and slow moving, unlike Opeth.
Get your point about the more accustic songs, hmm maybe........
The original Highlander movie would maybe be a better match, dump Queen and redo with Opeth :headbang:

The Hitcher starring Rutger Hauer!

That is perfect!

the_hitcher.jpg

Raistlin Majere said:
that already belongs to marilyn manson, which i wouldnt advice you to ruin opeth with it:p

That was the only downside of the Movie, ie: shit music.

They need some Opeth instead of the shitty rammstein.

Powers said:
So basically it's arty bullshit?

Pretty much. Full of Metaphors n shit. Most of his films are open to interpretation. Try whatching Mullholland Drive, what a headfuck. I like headfucks. :)

The one about Vampires was pretty cool, but generally speaking I don't think anything happens in his films...although maybe that's the point? Now that would just be arty and up its own arse.

And The Hitcher is awesome.

Powers said:
So basically it's arty bullshit?

Lynch is an Expressionalist.

If you dig that, they you should enjoy Lost Highway. His best work imo

Powers said:
War, magic, knights, dragons, dark over lord of ultimate apocalyptic evil, and film which had them in would fit Opeth music.
Those seem to be topics commonly covered in power metal, Opeth's music IMO would fit better with Ghosts, Demons, Terror, Apostles in Triumph:lol: , Knights, Struggle with undying love, Terror, Death (of course)...

The lord of the rings or The Ring are IMO too commercial for Opeth, also Opeth's music would overshadow these films I think.

watch blue velvet.I dont really like the movie but dennis hoper's character alone makes it a masterpiece.

NOW ITS DARK

As for opeth making a soundtrack.... I dont know maybe something in the lines of blade runner but in a darker set.