Opeth's Music as a soundtrack of a movie

Its funny you bring this up. I was just watching a trailer for the Swedish horror movie "Let the right one in", which by the way, will be a complete horror classic.
Anyway, its a really dark Swedish movie, so what better soundtrack than really dark Swedish music?

I don't know of any film with Opeth's music in - but when I listen to stuff on the train or bus, I'm always picturing a film in my head which fits along with the music.

Still Life should be made into a film - would be awesome.

Hell yeah, Still Life would be very awesome as a movie....the part of the movie that comes up during Serenity Painted Death would be insane. I could just imagine a dude waking up in a forest clearing or something, dark red sky outside, and then finding his woman with her throat slit open. Then him just going apeshit and killing like 10+ dudes with his barehands and falling into a puddle of blood/water and going unconsious.

Hell yeah, Still Life would be very awesome as a movie....the part of the movie that comes up during Serenity Painted Death would be insane. I could just imagine a dude waking up in a forest clearing or something, dark red sky outside, and then finding his woman with her throat slit open. Then him just going apeshit and killing like 10+ dudes with his barehands and falling into a puddle of blood/water and going unconsious.

played by Heath Ledger!

Or Mikael Akerfeldt and his wife.

(even thought i know what you said couldnt happen)I wouldnt really want anyone who was well known to do the movie if it were to happen, i'd rather have characters who i didnt know so well.

Shit, i just realized........its alot like the movie Braveheart..............cause i was just thinking Mel Gibson could play the guy in Still Life, since he did so well in that movie.

I know this maerican Tv show called riminla minds used "death whispered a lullaby" one time.....so taht was cool.....i would persinally love it,,,,,if tey were used un a epic battle movie....that would be sweet.....PEAC EOUT

I just thought it would be awesome if mike would actually write film-music...

Imagine his musical abilities in combination with the imagery a good filmmaker creates...

I have a scenario in mind for Face of Melinda with Adriana Lima playing Melinda and Mikael as the narrator (though I would gladly take the role as well :))

Roman Polanskis' film the ninth gate is very Opethy, I'd check it out if you haven't. I'm sure they'd have laid down a cool st for that

Roman Polanskis' film the ninth gate is very Opethy, I'd check it out if you haven't. I'm sure they'd have laid down a cool st for that

I saw that a few years ago. It starts off all right, but by the end it's just one big messy puddle of shit.

As for Still Life being film-worthy. HA!

I saw that a few years ago. It starts off all right, but by the end it's just one big messy puddle of shit.

As for Still Life being film-worthy. HA!

Well it is. For me its got a stronger storyline than MAYH, and its a classic reworking of Romeo and juliet in a way. You could easily flesh it out, add extra characters, use lyrics as part of the dialogue! It would be jawesome.

Well it is. For me its got a stronger storyline than MAYH, and its a classic reworking of Romeo and juliet in a way. You could easily flesh it out, add extra characters, use lyrics as part of the dialogue! It would be jawesome.

It's a good storyline in terms of a concept album, but for a film you'd have to flesh it out so much that it probably wouldn't be recognizable as the same storyline. Not enough happens in the concept of Still Life for a full-blown film. A very short, short film possibly, but not a full-length feature or anything like that.