Have you ever seen a Symphony X show ??

The_Witch_King

One Of The Nine
Have you ??
Where ?? When ?? How was it ??

I've seen them here in São Paulo, November 18th 2000
:D :D :D

The show was amazing.. I remember I was waiting for the guys.. when a security guy asked me to let him pass ... When I looked back he was coming with the band.. they went to the stage passing through the crowd... they were very cool...

I saw em twice. Once in New Jersey and again in New York, both on the V tour. They are outright the BEST band Ive ever seen live. They are incredibly tight and near flawless. Its amazing for me to watch Michael Romeo live. His hands move so effortlessly, its sick.

I've Seen them ONCE :D at the Gods Of Metal Festival... they played :
Evolution
Sea of Lies
Eyes of Medusa
Communion and the Oracle
Of Sins and Shadows

Was a short show... But at least they DID it Excellent!!!!
btw my avatar was taken in there :D

Im hoping that with this new album a tour date for the us will be scheduled somewhere in new england, preferably boston at the orpheum or the fleet center. suppose ill just have to pray heh.

I've seen them 3 times by now: one time on December 2001 in the 1st part of the european "V" tour, another time in June 2002 in the 2nd part of the tour, and that day was particularly great because i arrived at the venue with 8 hour of advance and i could chat with them for hours and make pictures (especially with Russell Allen, since the others had to make the soundcheck and fix the instruments :D ); the third time was a month ago at the Gods of Metal Festival.
The band rocked everytime, the only bad note is that since they don't have their own mixer people and sound guys, the volume levels of the instruments are every time more screwed up by the people who maybe doesnt know how to manage their songs on live!!! o_O
All the times i heard them, they started with a very low guitar and keyboard (almost unhearable in the solos :bah: ), which was fixed up "on the run" and the second half of the concerts was much better. (Well it doesnt have much sense talkin about "second half" of the Gods of Metal concert, since they played only 5 songs, anyways... :mad: )

Anyways: SymphonyX RULZ on LIVE!!! :headbang:

X-Greets,
Knight_

Three times..

Once in Pittsburgh at their first US show of the V tour
At ProgPower USA 1.0 in Chicago
At ProgPower USA 2.0 in Atlanta

All were excellent shows, though the best part of them all was Russ wishing me a happy birthday onstage in Atlanta :)

That was the ultimate display of metal muscianship to!!! I can't wait to see them again, I will probably be flying out to the east coast for the next couple of shows,since they aren't playing PPUSA this year :worship: :devil: :hotjump:

Bear

Hummm, 6 shows on the last tour was my tally.

1. Pittsburgh, PA @ The Beehive January 20, 2001
2. North Plainfield, NJ @ Heavy Metal Sounds January 27,2001
3. ProgPower 1, Chicago, IL @ JJ Kelley's Februrary 23, 2001
4. Montreal, Canada @ The Medley April 14, 2001
5. Springfield, VA @ Jaxx September 6, 2001
6. ProgPower 2, Atlanta, GA November 9, 2001

Couldn't make it to that first show @ L'amours due to being sick. And I just somehow couldn't manage to make the second show at L'amours due to time constraints at work. Ditto that answer for the one in Randolph, NJ @ Obsessions. Oh well, a new album and a new tour are soon to arrive. I guess I'll just add to the list when the time comes :)

DO NOT MISS THEM WHEN THEY COME TO TOWN!!!! Even on a not so good night, they'll blow your ass away.

Glenn

I saw them three times. Once in New Jersey at Heavy Metal Sound, and twice in Brooklyn at the Lamour. They were amazing all three times. I even got to watch some of their sound check at the New Jersey show, which was very cool. I also have pictures with all the band members and they all signed my V booklet.

BTW, the live cd kicks ass. The sound and production is great for a live album, not to mention the performance! I especially like the live versions of Communion and the Oracle and The Death of Balance. I wish they could have included Dressed to Kill, since they did play it on the tour, oh well.

Originally posted by Brooks
Have I? I carried in gear for them in Brooklyn!

Note to self: Continue going to concerts 4 hours early, meeting band chilling outside, and then bragging to people. :)

Side note... Brooks you're a dork :)

But yes I've seen SymX once September 9th, 2001 in New Jersey baby!.
-manda

Originally posted by Alucard
I saw them three times. Once in New Jersey at Heavy Metal Sound, and twice in Brooklyn at the Lamour. They were amazing all three times. I even got to watch some of their sound check at the New Jersey show, which was very cool. I also have pictures with all the band members and they all signed my V booklet.

Same 3 shows Ive seen! I drove from NH all 3 times!