Have you ever seen a Symphony X show ??

Originally posted by Demonspell
Yes, I've seen Symphony X three times, including the Brooklyn show the weekend before 9/11... :cry:
dude, me and Scott (Lee Jun) were trying to hunt you down at that show but obviously we didn't succeed.
yeah, i've seen SX twice, both times in Lamour in brooklyn, NY. the first time sucked because that afternoon i had a lot of beer much too quickly i guess, and when i left for the show, i had these terrible gas pains in my stomach, which i could do nothing about; so i wound up sitting on the couch all night basically, half asleep. the second time around, however, i made sure i didn't drink any beer and enjoyed the show from beginning to end. they played the whole DWOT and it was just spectacular!

I was also at the two L'amour shows and the first Jersey show, as some of you know.:cool: I probably will always remember the Heavy Metal Sound show the most for the fact that that was the first time I ever saw October Thorns. They blew me away just as much as SymX! Moshing with Dave, Paul and Jofu during Symphony's set was fun. Next time SymX plays a show we're all going to be at we need to have a big meetup!

Have I seen Symphony X live? :)

Actually, I feel a little spoiled because I saw eight of their North American shows last year, including both ProgPowers and Montreal... Oh, and I helped sell tickets to both L'Amour gigs. So yeah, I guess it's safe to say that I've seen SX live. LOL.

~Stardust

Originally posted by Brooks
Have I? I carried in gear for them in Brooklyn!

Note to self: Continue going to concerts 4 hours early, meeting band chilling outside, and then bragging to people. :)

DUDE!!! That was you??? I was there... The redhead in the long black coat carrying an enormous camera bag and tray of cookies. :) Wow, I remember you guys and how thrilled you looked to be carrying that gear. So cute!!! :)

~Stardust:D

Originally posted by Legion Fan
I was also at the two L'amour shows and the first Jersey show, as some of you know.:cool: I probably will always remember the Heavy Metal Sound show the most for the fact that that was the first time I ever saw October Thorns. They blew me away just as much as SymX! Moshing with Dave, Paul and Jofu during Symphony's set was fun. Next time SymX plays a show we're all going to be at we need to have a big meetup!

Yeah that NJ show rawked! Me and my girlfriend were right directly in front of Jofu and there cover of Met Part 1 was kickass!

To everyone else who was at the first Lamours show, I was right in front of the stage, with my friend Greg. My arm rested on the monitor on stage most of the night as I was extremely sick from a unfortunate cold I got 2 days earlier. I was wearing a Vanden Plas - Far off grace shirt. Me and my buddy were the guys that when Russell asked where people were from and we scramed Boston MA!, Russell goes..."Boston? I wanna shake your hand". But never mind Symphony X!! That band Urshurak, stole the show! Then Paul from October Thorns stole my shirt I had grabbed that the singer threw out! HAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DrumRman

Me and my buddy were the guys that when Russell asked where people were from and we scramed Boston MA!, Russell goes..."Boston? I wanna shake your hand". But never mind Symphony X!! That band Urshurak, stole the show! Then Paul from October Thorns stole my shirt I had grabbed that the singer threw out! HAHAHAHA!
dude i remember the boston thing!!! also, i'm really good friends with the Urshurak boys (one of them is in my band as well actually :p ). if you like what you heard, they have a show coming up in PA very soon with Zandelle (really good power metal). If you want I can get you the exact date and time and shit. By the way, they're known as Twilight Odessey, not Urshurak anymore. They're new stuff is really good too!

Sure did. Saw them in Atlanta last November. Closest thing to a religious experience I've been to.

Not to be missed, that's for sure. I'd see them again in a hearbeat and I hope they make it to Texas someday.

Urshurak was terrible, they are a terrible band, with quite possibly some of the most cheeziest and geeky themes to their songs...ugh they give prog such a bad name...The band Im in now, my drummer was asked to play for them, and after he saw how cheezy the website and the whole gimmick was, he didnt even bother. October Thorns were a great band, they are no more dur to some vriable circumstances with Joe Chawki the guitar player...ugh Im not gonna get into that though, cuz all I know are rumors and hearsay from my friends who are friends with the band, O yeh that band Event was crap too, you would think Shawn Mishaud would play better music, they were orrible, I was one of the 15 or so guys yelling at trhem that they suck. I couldnt yell that at Urshurak cuz well, they were just....ugh lol let met me leave it at that..hopefully there new project is a step up.

:headbang:
I have been to two of their concerts :worship:
In Eindhoven Dynamo (their first Twilight in Olympus Tour) I recall that Russel Allen sang "The Accolade" as ending and his vocal part was really great :eek:
and 013 Tilburg and both the shows were awesome, although it was a pitty that Russel Allen had a cold :ill: and could not hit his high notes :cry:
But it was great anyway and I know he could actually do sing these notes.

Originally posted by DrumRman

That band Urshurak, stole the show!

The Wizard In The Tower!!!!:lol:

I agree about October Thorns, they were awesome. I also saw them live three times. It's ashame they never got to release a full length album.:cry:

Was anyone here at the October Thorns/God Forbid/Angel Dust/Opeth/Nevermore show at the Lamour? That show was fucking unbelievable.

Originally posted by Alucard

Was anyone here at the October Thorns/God Forbid/Angel Dust/Opeth/Nevermore show at the Lamour? That show was fucking unbelievable.

Yes. I talked to Mikael by the bus for about an hour while Nevermore was playing! :cool: