Have you listened to POT?

Have you heard POT

• Yes

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
What do you mean by Rust In Peace sequels? They haven't done anything like that ever since.

That's what I'm talking about. I think it was good for them to change their direction a bit with Countdown To Extinction instead of repeating the RIP formula over and over again (like a few bands did).

That's what I'm talking about. I think it was good for them to change their direction a bit with Countdown To Extinction instead of repeating the RIP formula over and over again (like a few bands did).

Ride the lightening, master of puppets, and justice for all were all the exact same formula. I don't think any band made 3 records so close in arrangement as metallica did.

And now that I think of it, I wouldn't say that Slayer's Divine Intervention sounds anything like Reign in Blood either.

Ride the lightening, master of puppets, and justice for all were all the exact same formula. I don't think any band made 3 records so close in arrangement as metallica did.

I don't think so...in fact I find them all kind of different, mostly soundwise.

I don't think so...in fact I find them all kind of different, mostly soundwise.

Really? First track, thrasher with accoustic intro, second track 15 minute title song, 3rd track slower and shorter metal tune, 4th track dark ballad of sorts, etc.

I'm saying the formula was the same, not bad, just the same.

I agree with this. This is the reason I get bored of AC(Lightning Bolt)DC after just a few songs.

Really? First track, thrasher with accoustic intro, second track 15 minute title song, 3rd track slower and shorter metal tune, 4th track dark ballad of sorts, etc.

I'm saying the formula was the same, not bad, just the same.

You know I have never thought about them in this way but you're right, it's just each of the albums have a different feeling for me...

Wait ... They released I'm The Man as an EP. The song was a fixture in their live set over the years. And they went on a co-headliner tour with one of the biggest rap groups ever.

What I don't get: You seem to have no problem with the rap-metal crossover thing the band did, but obviously have HUGE issues with their change of sound during the 90's ... Who's to blame then? John Bush or rather you?

Absolutely no problem with it. Anthrax were innovators. They did something no other metal band had ever done. The created something organically that was different but still bad ass. Even if you don't like it at least you can say they were setting a trend not following one

When they got John Bush they continually put out albums that sounded like every other power groove / heavy rock / grunge band out there. They were following trends not creating them.

Anthrax used to be leaders now follower. Thats what was great about them. Then the Bush era they found themselves followers not leaders

You know I have never thought about them in this way but you're right, it's just each of the albums have a different feeling for me...

Yeah, like they used the same formula to convey a different theme with each one? They layout of songs is very close though.

Anyone who associates Anthrax with grunge has no credibility to me. What the hell is that?

Grunge is Mudhoney, TAD, Melvis etc. I'd love to know where Anthrax supposedly fits in there.

Actually I would love to hear the Brain Of J. cover which has been recorded with Mike McCready playing the guitar solo.

Ahh, Persistence of Time.

I can't even remember the amount of cassettes and CD's I went through because they got damaged. But I remember countless hours of headbanging in my little VW Rabbit, and my girlfriend in the seat next to me in a total WTF look on her face as im banging it out to "Got the Time" going down the road. Nothing made me want to mosh more than listening to "Time".

PoT would be my favorite Joey album if some songs didn't drag on for so long. It works for some songs (Time, In My World, ect.) But on some songs (Blood, Discharge, One Man Stands), it seems too long. I mean, they're awesome songs and all, but I don't see myself listening to them in their entirety without me being in a situation where I can't skip ahead. As for my favorite song, it's probably Time, and then Into to Reality/Belly of the Beast.

PoT would be my favorite Joey album if some songs didn't drag on for so long. It works for some songs (Time, In My World, ect.) But on some songs (Blood, Discharge, One Man Stands), it seems too long. I mean, they're awesome songs and all, but I don't see myself listening to them in their entirety without me being in a situation where I can't skip ahead. As for my favorite song, it's probably Time, and then Into to Reality/Belly of the Beast.

This was Anthrax following in Metallica's foot steps with epic drawn out arrangement's, on some it worked and on others it did not. P.O.T. is a good album it would have been great if it was a bit more streamlined.