Have your religious/spiritual beliefs changed in the past year?

How have your religious or spiritual beliefs changed in the past year?

• Total voters
No, but you couldn't prove that he does exist either.

That is the point I'm trying to make: When you can't prove something either way - to make a CERTAIN statement is irrational.

It's not impossible to find absolute truth. It's just confined to a very narrow set of logical and mathematical propositions.
Fine, but I meant what we were actually talking about.

Right now, I believe that validity for any claims regarding the existence of a god should have absolute truth. Can you tell me why I shouldn't believe this?
I don't think so because the question of anything's existence can always change.

:lol: I was debating just not responding. Science includes everything that is testable and provable by human definition. This includes math, burning my hand on a stove, and whatever else you care to think of.

Also, I am Necuratul lol he's clearly just a doppelganger of me anyway it's pretty obvious.

:err:

I could actually. I could track you down via your IP address and then find out your living address and waltz into your home and look at you - noticing that you are NOT a lobster.

Depends on your definition of "lobster." Do you see what we're getting at here?

Dammit, I need to get to bed soon. Hurry up and convert me to atheism, people. This is taking forever.

:lol: I was debating just not responding. Science includes everything that is testable and provable by human definition. This includes math, burning my hand on a stove, and whatever else you care ot think of.

Mathematical facts and observational facts aren't defined the same way, for god's sake.

Stop posting already. Cookiecutter does a far better job at this than you do.

No, but you couldn't prove that he does exist either.
This is what I am saying about ghosts :)

That is the point I'm trying to make: When you can't prove something either way - to make a CERTAIN statement is irrational.
As I have said, absolute truth and certainty are not part of science. Conclusions change with the evidence. I am certain my beliefs are correct based on the current evidence.

Your belief in something that contradicts evidence is what's irrational.

This is what I am saying about ghosts :)

As I have said, absolute truth and certainty are not part of science. Conclusions change with the evidence. I am certain my beliefs are correct based on the current evidence.

Your belief in something that contradicts evidence is what's irrational.

Yet there have been millions of reports of spectral activity throughout history.

I'm just saying.:p

Facts as we know them are defined through scientific means, so whether you like it or not you actually are talking about science.

Anyway, bedtime. Been fun chatting. I want to have a beer with all of you at the Maryland Death Fest.

edit: Fuck. Neither cookie or V5 drink.

Heh, yeah...sorry. But we will be fucking wasted off SLAM from the ride down...8 hours in my friend's car, in which he just got a new stereo/subs installed!

Facts as we know them are defined through scientific means, so whether you like it or not you actually are talking about science.

Goddamnit! Stop this shit. There is a clear and obvious difference between empirical science and logic/mathematics. Logical and mathematical facts are not "defined" by science normally conceived.