Having a hard time creating a good fuzz tone. looking for fuzz vst recommendations

causeunknown

New Metal Member
Mar 30, 2017
Title, basically.

I'm looking to create some fuzz guitar tones, but i've been unable to do it and i've found almost no resources about fuzz vsts or plugins. i'm using neural dsp amp sims and i'm just looking to find something to help give me the sort of stoner / doom fuzz sound.

it’s generally hard for plugins to do well because there are impedance interactions with a lot of fuzz pedals with the guitar itself.

Some HW devices model the impedance too - if you have a DI that has an adjustable impedance try playing with that to see if it improves the response.

The best fuzz plugins I’ve found have been Fuse Audio Labs, Audiority and UAD’s Muff. Not many decent ones about besides those but I think it’s largely because actual fuzz pedals can be unpredictable with what they interact with in a chain

I've never found any fuzz vst or pedal simulating VST that does fuzzy sounds I like...I'd say just get some cheap fuzz pedal and enjoy the fuck out of it.
The Electro Harmonix green muff reissue sounds ridiculously good, it's affordable, and even has a fucking sleep's domesmoker lyric written in the board, what's more stoner/doomy than that?! (two sunn model T's, yeah, but that's expensive and heavy!)