Having a problem getting volume and pulling up the kick.

Both guitars and OHs are high passed. Guitars at 120hz and OHs at 600hz but I'm going to give this song a break. Thanks Jordon btw.

I think we are missing some obvious questions here.

#1 - How far were the over head mics from the kit
#2 - What kind of room were they recorded in
#3 - What mics were used

If there is that much Room in the overheads they were WAYY too far from the kit. Only way to cure that is high pass the shit out of them so all you have is the shine.

Next I agree with drew the guitars are WAYYY too loud. When I mix I try to get my peaks at around - 6, so thats the kicks and snares, guitars are generally 6 to 9 DB lower, bass around the same. But I always mix kinda drum heavy. Of course no set rules, but this is just general. I try to get my pal mutes on their own sitting about -9, I feel this allows the kit to breathe more. Like I said no hard fast rules but just a general idea, kick and snare are the loudest things in my mixes usually and then vocals, guitars, bass in that order.

Get a frequency analyzer and look at each individual instrument and see where they are sitting in the frequency spectrum, of your kicks or bass have sum 20hz in them you need to high pass them to get more headroom. Guitars should be HP around 150 or so depending on the tuning. Same with snare, toms, and room mics. Ohs I usually do between 150 and 500 depending on the mic, cymbals used, and the room it was recorded in. The brighter the room the lower I pass.

I also tend to get get the bass really scooped between 80 and 900hz, no low mid's at all, all sub 20hz cut out, and all the low mids scooped out. 1k and up for some spank on top to give the notes definition.

"Too roomy" is subjective. I personally like the amount of room in this mix.

The only thing I don't care for is the kick, but I'm not much for replaced kicks, nor am I one for machine-gun 16th sextuplet kick riffs.

If this latest mix were of a band whose new album I was awaiting, I would buy it. Even without mastering EQ/compression.

Upon second listening, you could probably afford to beef the kick up a teeensy bit more, be it with a verb on its own, or some compression, or just EQing in a bit more of its resonant frequency. I realize that bass buildup is bad in the machine-gun parts, but they could take a bit more beef, and in the melodic kick parts I could hear this having more OOMPH.

Yeah never mixing as quiet as I was again. Listening now and I agree bryan. Thanks Shin, going to mess with a few things later tonight. Only reason I want to make this sound the best I can is so I can have it for future reference and go back and see what I did.

Welcome! Yeah, don't mix at a super loud volume! And check the mix on headphones, monitors, and like your car stereo too.

Mix at about the level of a lively conversation, and don't be afraid to give your ears a break if you find yourself wanting to add a lot of one frequency or another!

Long time lurker, first time poster. Sick track, I would try cutting a bit of bottom end out of the guitars, and the bass guitar for that matter. The bass is walking all over the kick drum through my monitors.

Well, if nothing said works, you could give the Sausage a try:
sausage-fattener-dada-life-fw396fh396.jpg

The only problem is that it's easy add mud to the rest of your mix.

Regardless, you should try this: Subtractive EQ>COMP (to tame some shit)>Aditive EQ>Light Comp.

Then make a bus, make it prefader, send your kick track to it and insert:
EQ (Pass arround 100hz)-> COMP with high ratio fast attack, release to taste, til you get a pumping sound)-> Sausage Fattener.
YEAH! Parallel comp with lowend harmonic excitment.
:kickass:

BLEND carefully (start with the fader bus at 0) and gently increase it.

Remember: Sometimes you will hear the bass in medium to high volumes, so adjust the volumes when doing this to make shure you didn't overdid the effect

OR

Just buy LSD drums and dial easy with kicks like butter and "make the SHIT out of your parents"