Everythings done! All i need is volume?

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
So i've found the right tone,pretty happy with the bass and super happy with the drums but my mix lacks volume and when i try to L2 to the master bus and increase the volume output the master bus just clips, most things are at about -7dB in level but i've tried to balance it so that nothing gets buried. How do i add volume and bring everything together without clipping the mix?!

Come on guys, I know this is a semi noob question but im tearing my fucking hair out because of the pods shitty I DONT GO LOWER THAN 0dB IN SPDIF MODE for my monitoring. I go from other peoples songs to my own and then realise how much quietier mine is. What should my master output be peaking around?

I've tried but it makes sense, increase in volume = fuck the masterbusz0rs. I cant seem to match the volume of other tracks without mega clipping though!

If your master fader is set to 0 db, and you have L2 on the master bus it won't clip. If your hearing audible clipping it's because your pushing L2 too hard, you should be able to get away with around 3-4 db of reduction anyway. If the mix isn't loud enough try putting a clipper before in the chain to remove some of the transients.
I don't understand what your pod have to do with your mix clipping or maybe I don't get your question since you already have a thread about master bus chain.

Can I ask why, when i crank the compressor in my master (until it compeletely distorts beyond recognition and is SUPER loud) within cubase and then mixdown and play it in itunes BOTH volumes are the same (I.e the LOUDNESS i'm after but not distorted mix). But when i crank the compressor and then apply gclip/the limiter my mixes are loud in cubase but not in itunes??

not that im aware of. It has an EQ but thats about it. Even if it did have that feature it wouldnt explain anything because the compressed only version was the same volume in itunes and in cubase... why is it doing this?!? im really frustrated

yeah i hear what you're saying but i'm sure its turned off otherwise the other track wouldn't have played louder