HDR news...July 2003

oldlyonfreak

Jun 12, 2002
Just wanted to let you know that Uncle Dev and Miss Tracy just brought me the last HDR news...everything is online now with a new fan interview (N°18)

:)

Oh... my... god.

"Devin is currently working hard on the soundtrack for a video game for Interplay Entertainment called “Fallout”, the third in a series."

This is the best news ever for two reasons:
a) New Fallout game!!
b) Devin is doing the soundtrack!!

Fallout + Devin = orgasm of biblical proportions.

EDIT: I wonder how the hell Devin landed that job. I also think it would be funny if on the back of the box it said something like "Featuring music by Devin Townsend!" since most customers would say, "That's nice... I guess. Who is he?"

TrevJ said:
This is the best news ever for two reasons:
a) New Fallout game!!
b) Devin is doing the soundtrack!!
Agreed! The first two games had amazing soundtracks with extremely atmospheric and haunting songs. Much of the atmosphere in the games came from the soundtrack...

This is also the first sort-of-official announcement that a sequel is under development. I hope he didn't violate any NDA's by revealing this...

Rdna said:
This is also the first sort-of-official announcement that a sequel is under development. I hope he didn't violate any NDA's by revealing this...

Heh, I was thinking the same thing.

The fallout 3 devs are posting suggestion threads on Interplay's own site, so I think it's ok, even though it's not officially announced yet.

That completely blew my mind though. I mean, the odds of an underground artist I know doing the soundtrack to some game I'll play are near zero already, but the chance of one of my top 5 doing the music for the sequel to one of my favorite series ever is just so remote that my brain can't process it yet. He must have a fan working on the game. Obviously it's not going to have anything to do with his normal work, but I think any soundtrack he made would be good. I already knew about the puppet show thing, or I'd spend another paragraph raving about that.

Alot of you seem to be overshadowing this incredible piece of news:

Strapping has a new song written called “Love” for the upcoming EP that incorporates all of the heaviness of past Strapping with a bit of dark Infinity flair.

Possibly two of the best dev albums to have a combined style on one SYL song is wank material.