Head Banging

SADUDE said:
Military presses are mostly a deltoid exercise(aka shoulders for the lay man). Shrugs are the most direct approach to the traps. But I would say to to do next extension and flexion with a weight held to the head.

right on. shoulder shrugs and upright rows are most excellent indeed. And if you want to get more in depth. Practice doing wrestling bridges. The weight held to the head may be a good idea aswell. I've never tried it however.

Roy said:
I am interested to know what you do at gigs if you don't head bang or mosh. Do you just stand there?
I don't stand absolutely still obviously. I bob my head a little, tap my foot, whatever, I tend to concentrate on taking in the atmosphere of the music. I don't run around smashing into people or throw head up and down. I get headaches easily too - another reason not to headbang.

I was under the impression that you go to music to listen to it. Headbanging is alright, I suppose, just not if you're a moron about it.

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
I was under the impression that you go to music to listen to it. Headbanging is alright, I suppose, just not if you're a moron about it.

If you just want to listen to music, stay at home and throw on a CD. That way, you won't have to put up with headbangers, and they won't have to put up with you.

Headbanging & moshing are okay as long as you're considerate to those around you. I hate it when you're happily standing there watching a band & suddenly someone just barges into you. At the Download festival last year there was this one guy who was cart wheeling & kicking people in the face, what an idiot. It's an unspoken rule that you don't hit the face in a mosh.

i like to pretend that hardcore dancing has nothing todo with moshing. that shit is just fuckin stupid. but then again... so is hardcore

in anycase, ive always had slam dancing described to me as another name for moshing.
~gR~

Headbang is pretty retarded, but fun nonetheless. As for neck pains the next day, meh, I never noticed. I'm usually too busy concentrating on the ringing in my ears or inspecting my latest injury (usually something along the lines of a black eye or a broken tooth). :p

Disturbed4ntics said:
I thinks it's Hardcore dancing...floor punching, windmilling, ect.
Don't forget the kung-fu kicks!!

Hardcore bands often play with grind bands in my city, so we sometimes get the hardcore types coming to shows doing their incredibly retarded dancing (mainly if it's an all-ages show).....it looks even more stupid when the pit has about 4 people in it :lol:

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Guardian of dicklicking is a 15 yr old faggot that thinks he;s the 2nd cumming of socrates. Don't mind him. He's going through that pre-pubescent smart ass phase. Anyhow headbanging fucking kicks ass. I think the best way to not be in pain is workout. Your neck will gain strength if you military press and work your trapezoids. Then once you know it. You' wont be in pain the next day. Just comfortably sore.
Your insults are so lame. I know one time you called Guardian Of Darkness "Guardian of Gayness". Now how fucking lame is that? :rolleyes: By the way, Metallica sucks dipshit.

Headbanging is great. I do it all the time so it does not pain me one bit. I do have back problems but that's related to bad posture.