Hear "In The End" now...

This is the weakest song of the three that leaked.

I see some comments like 'it's weak', 'not thrash', 'only 200 bpm instead of 201 bpm'. C'mon...really?? It's fuckin' music!
All I know is that it's plenty rockin' to me and it's Anthrax with Joey! If it was still Bush I would be fine with it. I love it!

That was not an intentional "pun" - it's more than just the song Revolution Screams that "screams" for John's voice. It's very much a Bush-era Anthrax album, but with Joey singing (albeit singing much better than he ever did in the past). The album is a wierd animal for sure...mostly groovy metal but with an '80s metal howler singing the songs, but being a bit constrained and not doing too much operatic sounding stuff (probably because for the mostpart he's forced to sing to melodies that were already written).

A lot of these old Joey era fans are all excited thinking just because Belladonna is the singer, it's automatically going to be a thrash album...yeah they thrashed things up a bit on a few songs but that's because thrash metal gained popularity in the last few years, and they were slowly getting back to that at times anyway...makes no difference who the singer is. And they were never planning to go back in time and pretend it's the 80s.

I guess I am 'dated' since I enjoy Thrash then.

I guess bands like Testament, Municipal Waste, Slayer, Overkill, Exodus, Kreator, etc are 'dated' as well.

But some bands have gotten a more 'modern' sound like Metallica and now apparently Anthrax/ The Damned Things. I need to get with the times I suppose :D

Lol, Municipal Waste thrash? Hardly; more crossover

Lol, Municipal Waste thrash? Hardly; more crossover

:lol: Anthrax was never a full-on thrash band ever. They always did a bit of everything. I guess people labeled them as "Thrash" becasue they were very good at it. Anthrax has always been a "Heavy Music" band more than anything else. The "Only" album I see as Thrash mosty wire to wire is Among. People just need to either let go and enjoy the music or get out of the way, move on..............

:lol: Anthrax was never a full-on thrash band ever. They always did a bit of everything. I guess people labeled them as "Thrash" becasue they were very good at it. Anthrax has always been a "Heavy Music" band more than anything else. The "Only" album I see as Thrash mosty wire to wire is Among. People just need to either let go and enjoy the music or get out of the way, move on..............

How does the reply relate to the quote?

Anyway, your 2 cents on what constitutes thrash hadly merits a response. So large parts of Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Ktulu, Orion, mid section of Puppets aren't thrash, but those albums are still, by and large, thrash metal.

Among the Living is one of the bibles of thrash

How does the reply relate to the quote?

Anyway, your 2 cents on what constitutes thrash hadly merits a response. So large parts of Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Ktulu, Orion, mid section of Puppets aren't thrash, but those albums are still, by and large, thrash metal.

Among the Living is one of the bibles of thrash

Good for you. Take a bow.........

Is Madhouse, Belly of the Beast, Now it's Dark, Lone Justice, Medusa, Blood, KIITF,H8RED Thrash? :lol:

Good for you. Take a bow.........

Is Madhouse, Belly of the Beast, Now it's Dark, Lone Justice, Medusa, Blood, KIITF,H8RED Thrash? :lol:

Lol, what's your point? I'm saying that many classic thrash albums utilise other musical styles, and your post generally proves that hypthesis.

Well then it doesn't make them a full-on thrash band then does it............:rolleyes:

So Megadeth has lots of classical, blues and jazz phrases, it also has a thick neoclassical and progressive element, esp RIP. Then there's Friedman's eastern ionian, phyrgian, etc, scales.

So Metallica has classical and some blues and folk elements

Then there's Testament, who also have a major collection of classical and melodic rock segments. There's also Skolnick's deep jazz influences which surface in his leads.

So according to you, these bands 80's material cannot be thrash metal, but rather "Heavy Music" (as you call it)? :rolleyes: Haha, no i don't think so

So Megadeth has lots of classical, blues and jazz phrases, it also has a thick neoclassical and progressive element, esp RIP. Then there's Friedman's eastern ionian, phyrgian, etc, scales.

So Metallica has classical and some blues and folk elements

Then there's Testament, who also have a major collection of classical and melodic rock segments. There's also Skolnick's deep jazz influences which surface in his leads.

So according to you, these bands 80's material cannot be thrash metal, but rather "Heavy Music" (as you call it)? :rolleyes: Haha, no i don't think so

I think we see it the same way, we just label it different I suppose, why the fuck do we need labels anyway..........