Hear "In The End" now...

is only your opinion but most think differently

muchhhhh differently:devil:

critics in the world of music are really impressed!!!

VASTLY different

Joey's vocals are among the strong points of the new songs. Although I do feel a bit homesick for the thrash, I'm looking forward to the new album.

I like Only, but I do think there are better tracks off of SOWN. Black Lodge is one of my favorite songs, period. Not only is there a lot of depth to it, but it harkens to a good time in my life; which is why many of us connect to certain eras & certain songs. Burst, Room for One More, and 1000 Points of Hate are also great tracks from the album.

I'd love to hear Joey OWN Black Lodge. It seems that song was written for him.

VASTLY different

Joey's vocals are among the strong points of the new songs. Although I do feel a bit homesick for the thrash, I'm looking forward to the new album.

I'd love to hear Joey OWN Black Lodge. It seems that song was written for him.

I think Joey could do black lodge quite well, I doubt we'll ever hear it though. They seem to playing it pretty safe with the set list

I believe Joey's comeback is helping the hype for this album. Yet from what I have heard so far, his vocals are the weakest link as always.

Come on Jonnie. The vocals on the new songs are one of the biggest bright spots. I really am not feeling the 'music' much. The riffs are very Bush era sounding and nothing too amazing going on there.

The vocals and some of the guitar solos are definitely the strongest parts of these songs that I have heard.

Even the other hardcore joey haters like yourself seem to like the way Joey's voice sounds, including Scatt and Charlie.

I'm not complaining. I'm kinda laughing at the fact that Scott & co. first made it look like they recorded almost completely different album with Joey, that they removed everything that would merely remind of the one who cannot be spoken of, and when you compare both versions, you realize that they in fact hardly changed a thing.

Yes, at least with those 2 songs. Just goes to show that it any changes were due to "Don" not being in the band, rather than Joey being in the band. If peolpe cant make sense out of that then I cant help them.........:loco:

Yes, at least with those 2 songs. Just goes to show that it any changes were due to "Don" not being in the band, rather than Joey being in the band. If peolpe cant make sense out of that then I cant help them.........:loco:

I highly doubt there is all that much different between the two versions other than vocals. Sure maybe a different guitar solo here or there, added harmony or something.

If they had Joey in mind for the vocalist of this record from the start I can guarantee it would sound a lot different. I don't think they thought Joey could have sounded the way he did on this album. But either Scott and Charlie are bullshitting out the ass, or they are pleasantly surprised and shocked at how good Joey sounds on this album

I'm pleasantly surprised. if it's true that they had Joey go in their and do his thing with just Jay Ruston. It was them that fact up Joeys vocals on the old stuff, because Joey is singing his ass off better then ever, IMO. With a more aggressive metal sound in his voice, rather then the Steve Perry type highs.

I'm pleasantly surprised. if it's true that they had Joey go in their and do his thing with just Jay Ruston. It was them that fact up Joeys vocals on the old stuff, because Joey is singing his ass off better then ever, IMO. With a more aggressive metal sound in his voice, rather then the Steve Perry type highs.

Out of curiosity have you really even listened to Persistence of Time. I'd like you to post some clips on here of where Joey sounded like Steve Perry on that album. IMO he sounded way more raspy and deeper sounding than he does now on Worship Music. On Worship Music he sounds more like he did prior to POT. I'll be waiting for those clips from POT where Joey sounds like Steve Perry....Sure he 'sings' and there are parts where his voice isn't totally deep and dark, but either was John Bush your lover

Actually I agree POT, is Joeys best performance on the old albums. He kills it on Belly of the Beast for example... Not the whole album, but yeah the vast majority of it his voice is more aggressive then it was before. Can't argue that.

Actually I agree POT, is Joeys best performance on the old albums. He kills it on Belly of the Beast for example... Not the whole album, but yeah the vast majority of it his voice is more aggressive then it was before. Can't argue that.

I don't know how you can sit here and say how amazing and gritty he sounds now on Worship Music, when in reality he sounds more like Steve Perry on WM than he did on POT. I like Joey but don't understand why the Bushthrax fans seem to think he sounds so much better now than before. I think his best vocal performance was on POT.

It is funny how the band now writes music way less aggressive than the POT era. But now wants a more aggressive vocalist. WM has a lot of melodic material on it which needs melodic vocals. I am listening to POT right now just because of this thread. This shit is just so much more powerful than the WM material.

Persistence of Time, what a great album to listen to. I personally like "Time" alot. I think a lot of it has to do with Charlie's beat. Its off intentionally which is why have always liked it. It is a different constant of beat sped up and then right back down a notch over and over.

Then with Dan's solo and Scott's Solo just totally sells it for me. I for one see their punk influence shining through it. :)

This sure cuts a lot of the crap out of things...

This message is hidden because ironmaidenfan09 is on your ignore list.

Once again, opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got them and your the biggest one on this forum.

Not about an opinion here. It's about his vocal approach. His vocal approach on WM is much more melodic than it was on POT which he almost had a punk type vibe. Yet now you say he sounds a lot more grittier and aggressive than he did on POT and that is just not true.

Anthrax has always had melodic choruses, not in every song but they are there in the old stuff as well..........

I heard the whole record a week ago (no, don't ask me for it or how I heard it), and Joey does sound pretty good. There are times where I think it just SCREAMS for John Bush's voice...but Joey definitely did a great job on this album. Way better than I ever imagined he would. In fact, I think this is the best he's ever sounded. I still miss John a lot but it's a solid record no matter who sings it.

I heard the whole record a week ago (no, don't ask me for it or how I heard it), and Joey does sound pretty good. There are times where I think it just SCREAMS for John Bush's voice...but Joey definitely did a great job on this album. Way better than I ever imagined he would. In fact, I think this is the best he's ever sounded. I still miss John a lot but it's a solid record no matter who sings it.

Hey John,

I am glad you dig Joey's voice on the new album! :kickass:

Well, unless John is a 27 (well, 28 in 2 days) year old from the middle of nowhere in Ohio...I don't think I'm John.

And as far as me "digging" his vocals...that's a stretch. They just don't annoy me (like his vocals on the 'classic' stuff always did). I still listen to it and wish it was John.