Hear N Aid

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Man...I happened upon this today in a record store in Columbus Indiana and was ready to snatch it up! I have looked for it forever. Well, the price was freakin' $29.99!!!!!!!!! At first I didn't care but then I started having baby guilt! haha (Thinking to myself how this $30 would buy pampers, etc.) and I left it there. Crap. Now I'm kicking myself thinking I should'a just gone for it.
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!

Well, I'm still convinced I can find it cheaper on ebay...what do you all think? Did I miss out on much?

well, I hate to say it but I really only want it because Vince Neil's on it. I'm somewhat of a Motley freak and I know you don't even know he's there but the other tracks to look good too, but I had most of 'em. (Accept, Motorhead, Kiss, Dio) so the reason I couldn't justify the price is that I'd basically be paying $30 for the packaging and the one song "Stars". I guess it wasn't meant to be...YET...

I was kicking myself coz I didn't even buy the album for $10 and now its gone..

However... I do have the 12" single of the song "Stars" and yep, you can't hear even Vince Neil on it. He's just doing backing vocals and thats it. Killer killer song though! Has both versions of the song too.. a 4 1/2 minute radio edit with less solos and the full 7-8 minute version packed with all the guitar solos haha. Also has an interview with alot of the people on the song and Vince is on that, he basically just says they did it to hang out with all their friends & have a good time hehe.

tedvanfrehley said:
Man...I happened upon this today in a record store in Columbus Indiana and was ready to snatch it up! I have looked for it forever. Well, the price was freakin' $29.99!!!!!!!!! At first I didn't care but then I started having baby guilt! haha (Thinking to myself how this $30 would buy pampers, etc.) and I left it there. Crap. Now I'm kicking myself thinking I should'a just gone for it.
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!

Well, I'm still convinced I can find it cheaper on ebay...what do you all think? Did I miss out on much?

Don't worry Ted, $30 to $40 is about the going price for it, now if you had passed it up for 10 or 15 bucks then you should have had your butt kicked. :) As far as I know it was only released on CD in Japan, that's why it's soo pricey. Did you notice if it was a Japanese import?

I had a copy of this & tossed it in the fucking trash about a year ago.
You are not missing anything, there's lost of great musicians featured on this VHS, but overall it's just shit. "We're Stars?" Really? I think I still have a cassette of this somewhere, it's just a lame ass compilation of shit you probably already own.

sixxswine said:
If I was gonna sell plasma I'd go for something worth while, but that's me...

Hahahaha.... What WOULD you sell plasma for, Sixx? I can't think of anything I want that much. :lol:

I love that song! :headbang:

I bought the japanese cd two years ago, yeah it was pretty expensive, something like 25-30 euros/dollars.
For only one song and a bunch of unreleased ones it's probably not worth the price but hey... when you're addicted to Dio... ;)