Heard Lindgren say about A Fair judgemen...

Cutter

Fuck consensus reality
Dec 19, 2001
Sydney
Visit site
...picture the house from Deliverance at night. The Opeth house. An old man sitting at an old piano, with 'A fair Judgement' sounding out, so somber. The wind creaks through the floorboards, the curtains sway noislessly in the breeze. The odd sound of the piano sounding out a lament, for the old mans wife, lying lifeless on the bed...

Originally posted by Cutter
...picture the house from Deliverance at night. The Opeth house. An old man sitting at an old piano, with 'A fair Judgement' sounding out, so somber. The wind creaks through the floorboards, the curtains sway noislessly in the breeze. The odd sound of the piano sounding out a lament, for the old mans wife, lying lifeless on the bed...

Crazy stuff. He explained it like that?

\m/

Originally posted by Cutter

They should do videos with him as an art/scene director. He seems to be very imaginative and descriptive. Also has a good sense of how the music affects people. This is quite a rare quality in musicians these days.

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
I really wish Opeth would do a promo vid for one of their songs, it would be great (as long as it wasn't one of those 'playing live' vidoes. ugh).

THANK YOU!!!!

I hate that vid directors these days are pressured to NO END by record companies to do "performance" videos.

When will these idiots wake up and realize some of the best videos ever don't even show any of the band members. Tool? Radiohead? Hello?!?!?

Video directors should stick to directing videos, and record companies should stick to production finance.

Jeezus.

I agree absolutely. If Opeth did a video it would be great if the video had some kind of concept behind it. The one Peter mentions about A Fair Judgement would be perfect for that song!

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
I really wish Opeth would do a promo vid for one of their songs, it would be great (as long as it wasn't one of those 'playing live' vidoes. ugh).
Do you imagine a 13 minute long video?
WOW!

i can see the "outside in the park" waltzy bit from "the pain i see in others" now... mikael in tails dancing round :lol: