Heavy metal bedtime

Strangelight

steak(knife) no more
Jul 3, 2002
www.strangelight-records.com
Theres a terrible disease creeping its way into the metal scene. Whats it all about? Why do people leave early after gigs and that? Sober?? In my day it was Motorhead, whiskey, drugs, now its Opeth and 'going home'. :(
Im not into this 'going home' scene, its a bad influence on the younger generation.

Did you go to an Opeth gig? Was it good? Did they play any heavy songs or just the mellow ones.
Anyway, I saw Def Leppard in February and it was excellent, but we got so pished I can hardly remember a fuckin thing. :( I won't get so blootered next time, just 8 or 9 cans of nice warm beer for me :yuk:

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Did you go to an Opeth gig? Was it good? Did they play any heavy songs or just the mellow ones.
Anyway, I saw Def Leppard in February and it was excellent, but we got so pished I can hardly remember a fuckin thing. :( I won't get so blootered next time, just 8 or 9 cans of nice warm beer for me !:yuk:
Yeah I saw them in Dublin a few months ago, mostly heavy stuff. I was in the pub all day like, then Mike and Peter came out with us then back to the flat till early hours. Proper knees up like, whiskey, gak and that.

Strangelight said:
Yeah I saw them in Dublin a few months ago, mostly heavy stuff. I was in the pub all day like, then Mike and Peter came out with us then back to the flat till early hours. Proper knees up like, whiskey, gak and that.
yeh dunc you show them how to hardcore rock. o_O

I wager that this is all a thinly veiled attack on me character by strangelight . I will treat it with the contempt it deserves. I drank katatonia under the table AND went to work the next day *proud* :lol:

Strangelight said:
First positive thing about Opeth ever from your mouth :heh:

yeah true i used to hang about in the opeth forum before the split into offtopic/"normal" forum, and it was quite decent back then, just because you got a quick response whereas in other forums it took some time.
but that's about it, nowadays it's just worth crap (the forum). the band is brilliant imo, though a tad too arrogant from what i experienced.

oh well, i saw them on graspop this year and at least i felt they were quite arrogant during their show. but maybe i just caught a bad day?