Heavy metal bedtime

Strangelight said:
Theres a terrible disease creeping its way into the metal scene. Whats it all about? Why do people leave early after gigs and that? Sober?? In my day it was Motorhead, whiskey, drugs, now its Opeth and 'going home'. :(
Im not into this 'going home' scene, its a bad influence on the younger generation.
Heh, "in my day". Aren't you only like 26?

Anyway, my reasons for not getting shitfaced at shows are as follows:

1. Price of alcohol. I'm not paying $7 for a pint of Guiness or $4-5 for lager. Krunk dat!

2. Distance. Driving like 45 miles back home inebriated is anti-fun and getting pulled over is worse.

3. Got to get up the next day. Granted, I don't usually get up until the crack of noon, but that's beside the point.

4. I'd look silly if I vomit on myself.

5. Fighting. I love to fight when drunk. Just the other day there was this troupe of Mexican "artists" at the local pub. They have some retarded art tour thing where they have pictures of ugly girls dressed like bunnies and some guy in a sombrero holding up the letter E and claim it's art. Anyway, there were a lot of them, a lot of them smelled, they kept asking people to buy them drinks, they weren't tipping the barkeeps (which meant I felt bad and left WAY bigger tips than reason should allow) and they were putting these stickers (like a Ghostbusters logo, the circle with a line thru it) all over all the pictures of Irish sailboats and everything else. Anyway, I was drunk and they pissed me off so much that I fought 7 of the fuckers outside. Let me tell you, Mexican artfags are no good at fighting.

6. I hate people and don't feel like "partying all night" like I'm living in a KISS song.

Strangelight said:
Why do you think I dont like Opeth? Decent band like, just some of the fanboy stuff is ridiculous. Magic name syndrome etc.

But if you look at the Maiden BB or the Metallica BB you'll find mad fanboys there too. Opeth fanboys are just like any other band's.
And that thread Allan posted up there :rolleyes: is by a Metallica fanboy, so no wonder it's hilariously shite. :lol:

Well, if there is a "good mood" amongst the fans, I am NOT going home like... its just, I don't like it when there are hanging around too many aggressive dudes who only like:
1. to bang you
2. to kick your arse
3. to point out how "big" their knowledge about metal is...
4. to show you that they can drink more than you...

I really miss the times in which a huge group of fans (including me) left a concert and entered the next (metal-)pub to have fun...nostalgica attacks, heh?

its cos they either

1. have jobs

2. are students

3. dont drink much

4. dont take drugs much

5. one of these kids is doing his own thing

Cerulean said:
Ah so it's just the fans you can't stand eh. The Opeth forum is a horrible place. Whenever Mike shows up in some thread they all go like 'AAAH THE GOD HAS SPOKEN'
:err:

i know. stupid fuckers

pagan2002 said:
its cos they either

1. have jobs

2. are students

3. dont drink much

4. dont take drugs much

haha

it's cos some of them are big poofs, too ;)

pagan2002 said:
its cos they either

1. have jobs

2. are students

3. dont drink much

4. dont take drugs much

Surely these excuses existed in the days of real metal too? But back then people just wanted to rock, and they meant it!
:lol:

cos now we are talking about opeth, is there someone else going to the gig at the biebob (belgium) next friday (26 sept), cause i'm all alone

why does this always happen to me, going alone to (metal)gigs, apart from festivals i did arround 10 gigs all alone in one year.
is it because i'm not nice to my friends, or do they just don't like metal

i'm a sad sad person in a sad sad planet

if i know how i would add this crying smiley, but i can't even do that

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

VultureCulture said:
yeah true i used to hang about in the opeth forum before the split into offtopic/"normal" forum, and it was quite decent back then, just because you got a quick response whereas in other forums it took some time.
but that's about it, nowadays it's just worth crap (the forum). the band is brilliant imo, though a tad too arrogant from what i experienced.

arrogant? oh no.

Just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock (rock)
You can take away the money
You can take away the gold
You can tell me it's the truth
You know it isn't so
You can say that I'm a vandal
When I ain't done nothing wrong
You can say you've had a good time
When you've really thought it bad
But just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock
You can take away the profit
You can give away my share
You can tell me it's a diamond
When it's just a piece of glass
You can tell me I've got nothing
When I hold it in my hand
You can say a scrap of paper
Was a contract that I signed
Just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock (rock)
Just let me rock
You can take away my heroes
You can take away my pride
You can tell me I can trust you
Then take me for a ride
You can say I'm drinking water
When I'm really drinking wine
You can say I'm really clever
Then you laugh behind my back
Just let me rock (rock)

hmm. but. i dunno if you remember your last show in the biebob danny. we were hanging around there and then bob (i hate this guy, its the manager of the venue) said we all have to leave. bastard. :mad: