Heavy Metal + Math = ?

ThePinkLadyJ

New Metal Member
Apr 23, 2007
Visalia, CA
Hi everybody I'm new to this forum and I've come here because I need your help. You see I'm taking a statistics class and it is boring as hell. I have a project due that will require me to survey something or some set of people and so to make my boring ass assignment slighty more enjoyable on my part I have decided I want to do a survey on metal. So do you think you guys could do me a big favor and answer some simple easy questions about heavy metal for me? Please? I would really appreciate it and so would my grades.

The questions are:
1. If you had to choose out of these two: Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath, which do you think is the band that influenced the creation of metal the most? (Sorry guys you can only choose one of those two I'd give you more options but I'm only allowed to have two popultions for my survey)
2. How old are you? (now if you don't want to give me your exact age you can say that you are younger than 30 or older than 30 if that helps at all)
3. If you had to choose a sub-genre of metal out of these 5 options which do you prefer the most: Power Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Classic Metal or New Metal?

I need lots n lots of responses please the more answers I get the more accurate my math can be so encourage everybody you know who likes metal to please give me a response. I would really really appreciate it. Thanks you guys! :headbang:

1. Sabbath, seeing as how they played metal and Led Zeppeling did not.
2. 21 (or will be the day after tomorrow :kickass:).
3. Power, but the choices here are pretty bad. Why is Nu Metal there but not Death or Doom Metal?

1. Black Sabbath (As unfortunate as that may seem)
2. How old are you? 17
3. If you had to choose a sub-genre of metal out of these 5 options which do you prefer the most: Black Metal.

Hi everybody I'm new to this forum and I've come here because I need your help. You see I'm taking a statistics class and it is boring as hell. I have a project due that will require me to survey something or some set of people and so to make my boring ass assignment slighty more enjoyable on my part I have decided I want to do a survey on metal. So do you think you guys could do me a big favor and answer some simple easy questions about heavy metal for me? Please? I would really appreciate it and so would my grades.

The questions are:
1. If you had to choose out of these two: Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath, which do you think is the band that influenced the creation of metal the most? (Sorry guys you can only choose one of those two I'd give you more options but I'm only allowed to have two popultions for my survey)
2. How old are you? (now if you don't want to give me your exact age you can say that you are younger than 30 or older than 30 if that helps at all)
3. If you had to choose a sub-genre of metal out of these 5 options which do you prefer the most: Power Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Classic Metal or New Metal?

I need lots n lots of responses please the more answers I get the more accurate my math can be so encourage everybody you know who likes metal to please give me a response. I would really really appreciate it. Thanks you guys! :headbang:

1. Sabbath
2. 27
3. Black

I would think something like AC/DC would be more of an influence on metal than say zeppelin. I would say the first real metal bands are sabbath and judas priest(as far as I know).