heavy neck guitars

gothErika®

Jun 30, 2002
Brazil
Alright, so this is annoying me: I have a Jackson R10 and an RR3, and both of them have heavy necks. It doesn't matter what strap I use, their necks will keep diving. Here's a pic of the strap button of my RR3, it's pretty much in the same position as on the R10.
I found pics of Alexi's old RR24 in some old issue of Young Guitar, and it looks like the position of that strap button was way different, like closer to the neck. The ESP models look even better as seen here and here for example. You guys who have Alexi ESP models - does the neck dive? I wonder how much do those few centimeters affect on the guitar balance.
Would it be worth going to a luthier and asking the guy to change the button position? :erk: I wanna believe there's a better solution out there, but since it's a matter of center of gravity... I just don't know.
Also, lol, how do people with double-neck guitars manage to get it all balanced?

(right, I just realized I should have posted this under the Guitar Player's thread in the off topic part of the forum, but where the hell did they damn the 'delete' button to?)