The neck of Alexi/Roope's old Jacksons

They were finished. i believe the only guitar he has with a finished neck now is the 1st Scyth guitar he had(white)

Also, instead of sanding all the paint off your jackson, you can just take a really fine grit steel wool and rub the finish on the guitar to make it smoother, essentially making if feel like an unfinished neck, but without removing all the paint.

Heres a little video that can explain it alot better than I can

thanks for sharing this video ! I'm gonna try it on my Schecter. Let's see how it ends up...

I had drilled the hole in the back of the guitar where the screws go because they weren't very deep, but I made them a bit wider near the entrance, so when I was playing it the other day, the screw fell out so it's now unplayable.

:confused:

What I would do is stuff the hole with a new piece of wood. If the hole is too small then drill it bigger then stuff it. What I did with my strap when it was loose on my Schecter was drill a larger whole and stuff it with 4 small pieces of wood (making a rectangular shape). Then redrill the hole then its done.

The claw screws?

Just break a toothpick off in the hole and put the screws back in. The extra wood will give the screw threads something to grab onto.

What I would do is stuff the hole with a new piece of wood. If the hole is too small then drill it bigger then stuff it. What I did with my strap when it was loose on my Schecter was drill a larger whole and stuff it with 4 small pieces of wood (making a rectangular shape). Then redrill the hole then its done.

Yeah that's what I'm gonna have to do, just haven't got round to finding something suitable for it.

288d0a13.jpg

Black one. White one just doesn't cut. In thomann regular RR24 costs about 1144 euros and RR24m 849 :D Hope I'm gonna get some job,otherwise i will play with my schecter like for 2 years and it's not really a metal guitar. Sanded the gloss finish on the neck and feels smooth as a shaved pussy,just awesome.

Black one. White one just doesn't cut. In thomann regular RR24 costs about 1144 euros and RR24m 849 :D Hope I'm gonna get some job,otherwise i will play with my schecter like for 2 years and it's not really a metal guitar. Sanded the gloss finish on the neck and feels smooth as a shaved pussy,just awesome.

LMAO that last line cracked me up!

yeah im getting the black one too but i cant find one anymore on US online stores ...shit!

Woah, I tried this thing too. Used 1000 sand paper, 1 minute work and the result is awesome! Without this stupid gloss finish my neck is 5 times faster than it was before! Feels and plays great.

Edit: fast picking parts where you have to went over a lot of frets like the part in Hate me solo or Wrath WIthin are much easier now!

Woah, I tried this thing too. Used 1000 sand paper, 1 minute work and the result is awesome! Without this stupid gloss finish my neck is 5 times faster than it was before! Feels and plays great.

Edit: fast picking parts where you have to went over a lot of frets like the part in Hate me solo or Wrath WIthin are much easier now!

Pics? I was thinking of doing it too...

Pics? I was thinking of doing it too...

You won't see any difference. I just removed the glossy varnish on my neck, not the complete color. Only difference is that my neck is now flat.

I cleaned my guitar now and tried a simple finger test. If I use a 1-10 scale where 1 is smooth as ice and 10 a 3-day beard my neck is now a 2 and was a 5.

^ Yeah, I did the same thing the guy in the video does. Used also some adhesive tape to feel the difference and then cleaned the complete neck

Made a few pics... mabe you can see the difference a bit (head with ESP logo and Body are untouched)

2j5xbbm.jpg

2aalgcy.jpg

2s66nif.jpg