hello (echo echo echo)

MudVirus

Master Of The Universe
Jun 16, 2005
New York
How come this forum is so silent, like do alot of people post here or is it normally this silent. normally the devildriver board is boomin but it is offline right now. so what is the deal with this board? :Spam: :Spam: :Spam: mmmm spam

it's been like this, or actually more silent, for quite some time.

i guess the regulars are kind of over and done with most band related topics (except when something new happens) and newbies tend not to stay. thence, there's ten or so active threads where most are off-topic, and every now and then something dt related comes up for a while.

"why" and "what to do about" has been up a few times, but i think most people here has come to terms with that it probably won't change very drastically the nearest future...

Some people blaim UM. It makes sense sort of... but I don't know. It's come down to, people dont want to just talk about shit, but theres nothing really interesting to talk about. Too many nice round individuals here, that are open minded and stuff, so no real arguments ever kick off. We need 15 regular total retards, that won't leave no matter how badly pwned they get in arguments. That'd be fun.

That's because no one in this forum gets an interesting idea about a new topic to discuss and there's no much new to post around, or maybe we're too lazy for starting a new interesting thread just for seeing it to go down to the last pages and dissapear as soon as we leave the forum. Perhaps we all are very important people in life and we are too busy to spend a lot of time on internet.

By the way, there already is another thread which has a topic related.

Angelbreeze said:
That's because no one in this forum gets an interesting idea about a new topic to discuss and there's no much new to post around, or maybe we're too lazy for starting a new interesting thread just for seeing it to go down to the last pages and dissapear as soon as we leave the forum.

Why do people always seem to want quantity over quality?
I was on the Opeth forum the other day and there were over 60
members browsing, it was nothing but rambling psycho babble
there are times when less is more -

MudVirus said:
How come this forum is so silent, like do alot of people post here or is it normally this silent. normally the devildriver board is boomin but it is offline right now. so what is the deal with this board? :Spam: :Spam: :Spam: mmmm spam

Problem is posters like you ( not specifically you of course ) just post here twice and leave. Old posters are happy to repeat the exact same threads and even posts for as long as they can amuse themselves to ( the less brains they have the more they can tolerate it, and i asure you its Night of the Living fucking Dead here ), and they take away from the rest of the forum scaring newcomers away.

Misanthrope said:
This forum has no quantity or quality so your reply is pointless.
No its not. The people of this forum do have quality, just no oppotunity to show it. If we ever argue, its usually about each others argumentative approaches, and who said what first. It's never topical. Probably because this place is diverse as fuck culturally. Italians could have a right blarb about italian politics and I and others would just not be able to partake. I think it really is because there aren't enough morons. You always get these 'punch bag' members on other forums. We need some of those.

Misanthrope said:
This forum has no quantity or quality so your reply is pointless.
And that's what's wrong with you and rahvin, you see this board for what it is in its worst hours, whereas most others see it for what it could be, for its potential. Sad you :p

He's like oldschool and shit.. he keeps waiting for the old times to come back.. dont hold your breath man

I can't wait for these times to be the good old times, and for me to be yelling at some n00b viking that "things arent what they used to be" just to keep everyone reminded how oldskool I am.

we should remember, if we are not part of the solution we are part of the problem. by moaning about how shit it is it just discourages anything one could consider "morale". When I joined this place had a spirit, and its lost because the big mouths keep telling us "it's lost".

King Chaos said:
When I joined this place had a spirit, and its lost because the big mouths keep telling us "it's lost".
Yea that's pretty much how I see it as well
What was that viking stuff about though? :err:

I just visited IF's forum.It's a war there.But many are there to spit on the band and especially on Friden,the awesome voice ,secondary only to Stanne of course.At least here are mostly faithful fans.I don't stay long on any forum and I won't probably stay here also, I don't really belong,I just need to stay for a while.But DT deserves better, I kind of regret getting too emo, it's not my diary after all, not that I have one.

insilence said:
I just visited IF's forum.It's a war there.But many are there to spit on the band and especially on Friden,the awesome voice ,secondary only to Stanne of course.At least here are mostly faithful fans.I don't stay long on any forum and I won't probably stay here also, I don't really belong,I just need to stay for a while.But DT deserves better, I kind of regret getting too emo, it's not my diary after all, not that I have one.
talking about your emotions shouldn't be connotated as emo, as now emo has such negative connotations. If you want to leave that's your decision, but you made some pretty poetic posts and I really was looking forward to finding out more about you... like: why don't you have an avatar?