Hello from fuckin' Hellsinki!!!

Hehe, yeah, i gotta get me a cheap ass bus ticket. I gotta take a look see at the cash, then pick a day to head to Tampere for a night. :D But i do wanna visit. And Tampere is always a possiblity, i have been looking at Helsinki and Espoo for places right now but if there is a cheap ass little studio in Tampere, i'm there. Its close enough to Helsinki thats for sure!

And i love suprises! I shall let you know when I will be able to make it over there. :D

I also gotta figure out stuff like if I get it, then I get the SS number, and the Kela card, and the work permit, then I gotta switch my phone carrier to a Finnish one, and get a Finnish bank account, etc, all that good stuff. But first things first. Those classes sound hella nifty tho Zsu, it would rock if we ended up in the same classes. :lol: And I hope they love me. Most finnish people seemed to like me well so far thats for sure :p ;) but thats metal folks, lets see how the rest of society likes me :D

Haha, we might end up in the same class...hey you know what? We could go to the labour office together actually, what say you 'bout that? So we could find out what kind of courses do they have to offer and we could as well choose smthin' ;)

@Janina: Tampere, heeeeere I come! ;D (*cough* as soon as I have the money and the time ;p *cough*)

Zsu: That is a good idea! Sumtimes goin with a buddy makes things a little easier. Just let me know when! I'll let you know what happens on Wed with the permit. Even if I dont get it then and i gotta apply from the states, i'll still go to the labor board for a heads up..but i am hopin for the best here. ;) :D

Hey no worries, it's not an execution ya know ;) I'm sure there will be 0 problems but yeah, don't forget to let me know nonetheless! I go get some sleep now...

hyvää yötä ;)

Tal, I'm most probably going to be in Hki between 09.01.-09.05. Care to check out the vast chambers of beaurecracy with me during that time? ;) (not to mention the deep caverns of Corner Baari :p )

I'll be at both Tavastia shows. Just look for the drunk hanging around a few of the areas ;)

Zsu: Sounds good to me! I say we give it a go! By then i'll have the drill on the res. permit, and maybe even have the other permits set up so I can start gettin some cash help here :p Till those classes come thru or whatever. And yes, I think the Corner Baari needs to be explored some more as well :D I actually got a lead on 2 apartments....they are private rooms in shared apartments, but they are close to the city center and the rent's right as well. Ones available right now on(but unless some cash miracle comes thru), but one is available startin Sept. the 6th. So we shall see how this blossoms forth.

Well, tonights my night train back to Hki, so tomorrow is just some groceries and chilling/sleeping, might stop by Corner anyway to try to lay in a few crash buddies or sumthin...:D Wed i pull back my hair, wear something fairly nice, and act like a good little immigrant for a couple hours. :p

AHh, no tears Delt. Come now.....

Back in Helsinki, and man its nice to be back. Did some food shopping, and laid in at my little hostel where i have been. Going to check out whats goin on at Corner this week, gonna try to find sum crash buddies and of course prep for tomorrow :D Man, i hope any good deeds i did in past lives all get paid off now and in the next month...

Yeah, Kuopio was fun with the good drunken hick times like i had in Jersey, like i said, but after 10 days in the nearly northern countryside with 8 degree nights(celsius), its good to be back in yer home feeling city. Yeah, it almost feels like home now here....i think i had enough woods to fill me up for awhile. :lol:

heheh....

well, turns out that the ladt at immigration said that if I had a job lined up FIRST the chances of the permit are really really good! Sooo...i got the workers at the corner bar with a heads up and they said theyd ask around for me, then of course there is me and Zsu's trip to the office as well :D so....looks like my residency is lookin pretty damn good here....the lady there also laughed and told me 'of course you can always also marry a Finnish guy.' :lol:

well, off to Corner for the crowded Wed nights!

Fenrir13 said:
heheh....

well, turns out that the ladt at immigration said that if I had a job lined up FIRST the chances of the permit are really really good! Sooo...i got the workers at the corner bar with a heads up and they said theyd ask around for me, then of course there is me and Zsu's trip to the office as well :D so....looks like my residency is lookin pretty damn good here....the lady there also laughed and told me 'of course you can always also marry a Finnish guy.' :lol:

well, off to Corner for the crowded Wed nights!
Hey, that's VERY promising!
I already started to ask around for the addresses of the offices we have to visit (I actually passed all of them by already, but forgot where they were :oops: ).
Basically its three: Maistraatti (where we get the social security number), Kela office (for the Kela card) and last but not least the Työvoimatoimisto (labour office) for the courses! I wonder how much will this cost in total heh...

And also there is this office next the Kamppi construction site where you can get a kind of student card if you are under 26 to get a discount on the transports. (tho I think you already missed this one ;/ )

Hehehe....come now, I gotta be pretty damn drunk to marry anyone :lol:

Zsu: Ahh, sounds good!!! Thanx for that info. Well, job comes first thats for sure, cuz with that I can get my residence permit. Like I said, its an almost guarenteed permit if you have an employer to give the ok. Once u have that, you get the other cards you mentioned, then start workin, then I can get my own place, yay! There were a couple of cool offers, there was a really sweet one I found out in Espoo I might wanna look into. And yeah, I just missed the 26 cutoff. Damnit, I hate being old. :p

Drunk again last night, not much of a hangover, saving up money and everything wise for tomorrow and Saturday, days where the Corner is hopping :D