Hello from fuckin' Hellsinki!!!

Fenrir13 said:
506.jpg
poor thing, you look SO TIRED here

Hahaha, omfg the grim toast |,,/ It indeed deserves attention!

Hey Tal, don't forget the rest of them, but could u send the ones of this blond bastard to me first so I can ask for his approval to post 'em? ;)

A couple more for ya...

Me at Corner, doing what i do best...

3e0.jpg

I believe this picture was requested by a few people. But here ya go. :D

c5a.jpg

Hope ya like them! More to come, especially after the upcoming 4 day drinking binge!! :D

EDIT: Dunno why bottom pic is half white. Uploaded wrong. But the pic is all there.

Ahh, thank ya. I also sport the blue of course, and the Northern White pair quite often. The White getup once had the airport thinking i am a terrorist from the north or something like the Cobra Commander snow team and proceeded to nearly strip me and run the metal detector over me. :lol: Maybe i shouldnt have worn the jacket with the pants. :D

Well, Tal, I just got you and Kim's voice mail. Sorry I didn't pick up, but I have to stand outside to talk on my cell, and it's raining out. Anyway, I take it you're having a good time:p. Yeah, things are pretty steady over here, except for some bullshit that I'm sure Joe informed you of. But that's all over and done with, and otherwise, shit's pretty status Quo. Work, sleep, drink. Work, sleep, drink. drink. Drink some more.

But anyway, the shows this weekend kicked ass. I think the guys remembered us. At least I think Jaska slightly recognized us. The four cases of beer went over VERY well. Two cases Yuengling, one case Heinekin, one case Rolling Rock. Which Jaska is now hooked on. Saturday night wound up at the bar at the Marriott on 12th and Market with the guys, the Road Crew, and Ralph "I AM BIGGER THAN KISS!" Santolla. Spent a lot of time talking to Janne, and after I finished my last beer after Last Call, he just kinda reaches in front of him, and produces a glass half full of whiskey. "Here, drink this, it's whiskey." Don't ask me where he got that from. We talked about you(Soooooo, are you guys friends with Talia?), Playing in Philly, and Finnish winter. Roope disappeared, I pointed that out to alexi, who's repsonse was "He's always lost." Henkka and someone else wound up at Tattooed Mom with the Lamb of God boys. We left around 3:00 am, went to a diner, and went back to Joes.
Didn't see anyone Sunday except for Roope. Turned out he was wandering around Center City looking for the bus.:p

Oh yeah, Alexi and Ralph sang a little song they've been writing. About Dental Hygiene.

Anyway, it'll be good to see you when you get back to Philly.

Hehe, it'll be good to see you too, dude. For sure. And oh dear, do I WANNA know what they said? :p :lol:

And i can totally picture Roope wandering around Philly. I remember the first time I saw them I helped him find the street with the bus in the early afternoon, so I guess he rememebered from that. And now Jaska is going to be looking for Rolling Rock in Finland! At least youse all did me proud.

I feel like I should be more hungover right now. 5 hours of sleep and drinking for 12 after i got done work. But i admit its gonna be nice to work days again believe it or not, i kinda miss getting up and going to do something. Still searching here for when I get back! And of course plffffft, you are also invited along when I fly back here in Jan, you and Joe need to experience Hellsinki for a couple of weeks! Of course, my place will be open to sleep! :D

Fenrir13 said:
Hehe, it'll be good to see you too, dude. For sure. And oh dear, do I WANNA know what they said? :p :lol:

And i can totally picture Roope wandering around Philly. I remember the first time I saw them I helped him find the street with the bus in the early afternoon, so I guess he rememebered from that. And now Jaska is going to be looking for Rolling Rock in Finland! At least youse all did me proud.

I feel like I should be more hungover right now. 5 hours of sleep and drinking for 12 after i got done work. But i admit its gonna be nice to work days again believe it or not, i kinda miss getting up and going to do something. Still searching here for when I get back! And of course plffffft, you are also invited along when I fly back here in Jan, you and Joe need to experience Hellsinki for a couple of weeks! Of course, my place will be open to sleep! :D
When are you comin back anyway?

And I'm definitely down for going there. I'm already starting to plan. Filing for a passport on Monday, opening up a bank account tomorrow so I can save up some loot. And I'm probably gonna take a leave of absence at work when I go, so I can go for like a month instead of just a week.

Maybe I'll pull a you and fall in love with the place:p

Ya never know, dude. I did. I am planing on a return sometime between Jan 5th-9th or something, cos by then I'll have my apartment set and all of that. And like i said, you can just crash there, so anything you save can be used for fun stuff. If we rope Joe into this, I can give youse the First Night in Helsinki tour, since I am aiming to arrive Saturday, I can give youse cider, lonkero, and beer, then take you to Corner Bar, best metal bar in finland(and I am starting to get into the inner circle there), then to Highlight, a discotheque with a metal bar underneath. But occationaly we end up breakdancing on the top floor we are so wasted. SO yeah. Will be fun. And i can introduce youse to a couple of people. ;)

Put it this way...you know how we all act in the basement? People act like that in public at the bars, and even worse. And if you puke in the street, no one cares. :D

As for when i am comin back...it depends on whenever i can get this damn return ticket....i'kll get a round trip to have me return in Jan. But within the first couple weeks of November it looks like, after the Dissection show in Helsinki :D

Fenrir13 said:
As for when i am comin back...it depends on whenever i can get this damn return ticket....i'kll get a round trip to have me return in Jan. But within the first couple weeks of November it looks like, after the Dissection show in Helsinki :D
Fuck you.:-D

Anyway, yeah, I'v ebeen thinking this over a lot over the past ferw days, and it's not an idea anymore, it's a fuckin reality in my mind. aLl I have to do is take care of the formalities of it(passport, plane ticket, money, et.). I told all my friends about it, and they all said "go for it." I'm even drinking Heinekin a lot more now, so I can develop a taste for Non-domestic beer. "Yeah, cuz I'm pretty sure they don;'t have Yuengling in Helsinki," as my one friend put it.

But, anyway, whenever I get over there, this is the way things will work:

1. Get off the plane
2. Go to wherever and drop my shit off.
3. You are taking my ass to that fuckin' Corner Bar.

Yes, we are taking over!

And sounds good to me, dude. :D I tiwll be good to have more of our kind here. You'll find it funny talking to me again tho, cos believe it or not, in speaking my english is starting to slightly degrade and i have been pronouncing things more finnish, to get used to it and i dont realize i am doin it. Zsu, you might not hear it as much but my mother did on the phone :D

And yeah, get used to the non domestic beer. I am gonna try to bring back some Finnish beer for you guys. Its really good for the most part, there are several kinds but I find Koff(like the Yuengling of finland), Lapin Kulta(that I guess is your Molson Ice), Karjala(thats like the nationalistic beer), and Karhu(a reddish beer with a bear on it) are my favs, with Karhu being my first choice.

Another reason you ought to get used to it is that there are four types here. I, III, IVA and IVB. The I olut is sort of the 'non alcoholic' beer, bought for under a euro a bottle from a grocery store, and that is about 2.7 percent. If the 'I' beer is nearly as strong as Yuengling, you see where I am getting at. Average, or III olut, is 4.6-4.7, and pints of the stuff to someone not used to it will make ya feel it. IVA is i think between 5 and 6, and IVB can get up to 8, but the IVB is just a little too rough tastin...I think III and IVA are my favs. Of course, what would a trip to finland be without the ciders(they kickass but are considered girly, but most guys dont care after tasting it) and Lonkero(Long Drink, which is this wonderful tastin fizzy stuff. Typical flavor is greippi(grapefruit) but they have others. A bit more manly than cider, about 4.7-5.5%) Then there is the harder stuff...:D

And you are gonna love Corner, metal dj, people singing anything, particulary The Final Countdown when its played, and a metal jukebox. Its my second home ;)

Well, another night of DJin and drinking tonight. Again, I manage to escape a hangover thru LOTS of water and just staying up til 8 AM. I am starting to realize the later i stay up the less my hangovers are...I was fairly well drunk last night, but i kept track(a pint, 3 lonkero, 5 white russians(two double, so more like 7), shot of salmiakki, and something else i think, but i didnt pass out or anything. :D

Hehe, I'd almost forgotten about lonkero. ;) Tal, try pop into your local Alko and pick up some Ananas (sp?) cider stuff if you can. That's PINAPPLE in case you haven't had that word come up in an earth shatteringly important convo so that you can learn it yet. :rolleyes: Anyway, I forget it's specific name, but it's like in a white/blue/green/yellow labelled brown glass bottle (well THAT narrows it down doesn't it :rolleyes: ) And it costs about 1.57-1.67 EURO a pop. Best and Tastiest.... 'fizzy girly drink' I ran into over there. :oops: Fairly cheap too relatively speaking. Pity you can only really but 'em one by one. :(

Have one for me while your at it will you. ;)

Any enjoy yourself.

I have to try that! Thanx. I did have some pineapple stuff before, but man, this shit was so sweet it made my teeth cramp. It tasted like someone added fizz to sugary pineapple juice. Not for me. But maybe this other stuff is better. Tonight for afterward(depending where I go, I got an invite to a house gathering after I dj but it depends wether the guy remembers, cos he was pretty drunk :D) I have a couple lonkero(5.5 and 6 percent) and a beer, just to drink on the way to wherever, either house or Corner-Highlight.

And yeah, I knew how ananas is pineapple...I managed to learn enough food so I can go shopping. When I buy vadelmahyytelö, I know I am getting rasberry jelly. Of course some stuff is obvious 'Makaroni' for instance, spelled with a K cos its more true, but when you buy 'Appelsiinijuoma' you wonder how that means 'orange drink'. :D

Yeah, Appelsin nearly arsed me about too.

You silly, silly Finns you. What were you thinking? :rolleyes: