Hello from fuckin' Hellsinki!!!

:D

Heh, another thing plfffft, getting used to eating here. Sure they have mcdonalds, hesburgers, and normal stuff too but I have found myself eating much more like everyone else...IE my sandwhiches are pieces of the ruisleipä(finnish rye bread, its dark, a little dry but I fell in love with it), with butter and cheese on them. I now have develpoed an affinity for pasta with ketchup as well. Its very good. And the sausages of course. Best eaten after a drunken sauna. (A word of warning, you sauna naked here, so dont be shocked if you see a bunch of drunken assholes walking into a hot room naked, and then standing on the porch with no pants on, still drunk.) The salmiakki might also take some getting used to...the candy is usally not too friendly with foreigners, its licorice tasting but a little more bitter(but i like it), the Salmiakki drink kicks a lot of ass...if you like Jager or Sambuca you should be able to handle the taste, but it is still different.

And of course, kebab. Kebab fucking rules. As does grilli food, but as expensive as it is, its all that is open after the bars and the nightclubs close so you take it anyway.

Public transit rules here. Where I live now in Leppävaara(a district in Espoo, you will notice there are a lot of district type things here, so when someone says they live in Vuosaari, they live in Helsinki. its just a district.), is right by the train station, but I might be either moving to a district in East Helsinki(like Itäkeskus, Kontula, Vuosaari-the Metro gets you in the center, but it stops early...after that, its cab or night bus), Kilo, Tuomarila, or Espoo Keskus(all districts in Espoo reachable by train), but Olari seems to be a good area thats cheap, also in Espoo but it only runs a bus. But the bus runs well.

hehe, this is very remarkable indeed.
If you would translate 'an orange' into my dialect it would say: 'appelsien' so very close to Appelsiinijuoma....I understand Finnish! It has some things in common with dutch...

Just finished reading this topic from the very beginning and it seems that you (Fenrir13) have been enjoying your time here! Drinking, drinking and ... little bit more drinking.
And a friendly advise DO NOT MOVE TO ESPOON KESKUS.

I have heard a few people say that one :D I am looking more into Olari, to tell you the truth, or Kilo. Both are fairly inexpensive I hear. But yeah, I hear Espoon Keskus is ahh...like the ghetto of Espoo...then again, compared to Philly...its probably paradise.

Now let me give you a piece of advice: Don't move to Kontula, Vuosaari or Itäkeskus. They sure as hell are worse than Espoon keskus. If you survive from the nightlife of East-Helsinki alive then I'll consider you immortal. I would say that move somewhere near the train tracks for example to Pasila, Oulunkylä or Malmi (Okay! We got one body chopped here about month ago. The head was found behind the swimming hall near the place I live but otherwise this is a nice and cheep place to live).For example Pasila is straight next to Helsinki center and fairly cheep.

Kilo and Olari instead are behind the back of God. It's hard to get there and you have to pay fortune of one bus ride...

Anyways nice to see and hear that you have had good time here. :)

Astral_Dominion said:
If you survive from the nightlife of East-Helsinki alive then I'll consider you immortal.
Heheh, then Alexi must be immortal since he lives in East He(l)lsinki!! :D

@TEH DRUNKEN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK :D : Good luck finding a place!!! :)

If you survive from the nightlife of East-Helsinki alive then I'll consider you immortal.

I already have. I stayed several days in combinations of Vuosaari, Itäkeskus, and Kontula, among a couple others who I forget right now cos I was drunk. :D

I do like it out in Espoo tho, I know Olari is a bus ride, but the bus runs right outside of Highlight so its a convinent placement. Kilo has a train stop. But they are also cheap. I know some folks from Malmi, so that might not be too bad either, and this one place I was at past Töölö, on the tram, i think isn't as expensive but still a decent area. So I am just looking for cheap and size. Like i said, tho, anyplace is open, as long as it isn't too far past the Espoon Keskus, thats all the time I wanna spend on the train, hehe.

And remember what I said: I live in South Philly. People get shot DAILY in philly. the 'bad' parts of Helsinki are fucking golden compared to the inner city ghetto. :D

And did I mention, I'M GOIN TO SPINEFEAST!!!! :D Tal is quite happy right now!!!!! Just the one day, Friday, but thats the da I wanted to go to, and is sold out! Zsuzsa, I hope you get in!!!

Well there are three ppl working on my Spinefeast pass so I'm sure I'll get in as well ;) Seeya sometime during this week and don't forget to take my phonepocket with ya :p

Yes! I shall put it out so I can put it right in my pocket. :D And yeah, 3 peopler working on it ought to get you in! Just drop me a txt when ya wanna hang out. I admit I am excited for handling video duties for the show!!! Never professionaly filmed a show before but i guess we'll find out if i am good or not :p I am glad i got this chance.

Astral_Dominion said:
Oh Aleksi Lives in East-Helsinki? I didn't know that! :yow: Where do you get all your information? Are you stalking him? :lol:
YES!!! :D Nah, just kiddin', I actually know it from an interview (Hammer Couch, German Metal Hammer, early 2003).

Fenrir13 said:
Yes! I shall put it out so I can put it right in my pocket. :D And yeah, 3 peopler working on it ought to get you in! Just drop me a txt when ya wanna hang out. I admit I am excited for handling video duties for the show!!! Never professionaly filmed a show before but i guess we'll find out if i am good or not :p I am glad i got this chance.
At least I can tell you it won't be as shitty as filming Lamb of God in Philly. GOD, did they suck! You didn't muss much after the shows either.... Just regular drunkenness... :p

Have fun. :kickass:

Heh. Yeah, I heard it was more normal, but fun, afterparty stuff. I still wish I had been there to lend my house.

I am doing Ensiferum's set for the show. Since i love Ensiferum this is good for me. As long as I don't cut off anyones head in the frame i think i'll be good to go :D And since its the Friday show there will be sure to be much drunkeness afterward I have a feeling :p Finntroll also plays that day so that whole night is gonna be killer.

On Sunday night we ended up partying in the bus. I went straight to my hotel on Saturday after the show because I needed to finish some homework and some personal reasons as well...

But now I want to go to NYC... SHEEEEEEET!

Yeah, at this rate i'll end up seeing the guys when they get back to Finland i'll be here so damn long. Well, at least i am happy here. Seriously, I could be stuck in Canada or something. :p

Zsuzsa, if ya read this thread, i'll be poppin up in Corner tomorrow before 8 and after housing about six screwdrivers, so i'll see ya there hopefully! I am hittin Rock Bar first to say hi as always. :D