Helloween and Stratovarius

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
HELLOWEEN Announce 7 Sinners World Tour 2010/11 With STRATOVARIUS

After their extremely successful Hellish Rock world tour 2007/08, leading HELLOWEEN through 40 countries on 4 continents, the German heavy metal legend soon will be touring the world again! Three weeks after the release of the new, yet untitled and highly anticipated studio album around Halloween (end of October) 2010, the band will hit the road again and start the tour in Europe.

While rumors promise the album to be the band's heaviest and fastest effort in years, Helloween can announce nobody less than the Finland-based heavy metal supergroup STRATOVARIUS for the slot of the very special guest!

Says singer Andi Deris: "We had a great package with GAMMA RAY last time, and we are very proud to have Stratovarius with us this time. We look forward to have another power metal party with our fans all over the planet – see you soon!"

The 7 Sinners World Tour 2010/11 European Part I

November
26 - Wien, Austria - Szene
27 - Zlin, Czech Republic - Winter Masters of Rock
28 - Budapest, Hungary - Petöfi Hall

December
1 - Langen, Germany - Neue Stadthalle
2 - Antwerp, Belgium - Hof Ter Lo
4 - Prestatyn, UK - Hardrock Hell Festival
5 - London, UK - The HMV Forum
6 - Eindhoven, Netherlands - Effenaar
8 - Lund, Sweden - Mejeriet
9 - Oslo, Norway - Rockefeller
10 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Lisebergshallen
11 - Stockholm, Sweden - Arenan
13 - Tallinn, Estonia - Rock Cafe
14 - Tampere, Finland - Pakkahuone
15 - Helsinki, Finland - House Of Culture
17 - Warsaw, Poland - Stodola
18 - Cracow, Poland - Studio
19 - Prague, Czech Republic - Mala Sportovni Hala

I would never have called Helloween or Stratovarius Christian in any way... interesting label there

"It's time to go
Time for the freedom
Time to face what we all believe in
Pray strong
Pray to the higher
Turn your back on the devil's fire"

Also Save Us from the Keepers 2 album seems to have some christian overtones, although Kai Hansen insists he is not a christian.

Stratovarius aren't supposed to be a christian band ("Find Your Own Voice" made that perfectly clear!) though Timo Tolkki did dabble in kaballah during his last days in Strato. And with their happy-clappy style I imagine a fair few metalheads think they may as well be xtians.

I'm not sure. That seems to be looking a little TOO much into it. Steve Harris has written many a song about God etc. without being religious himself. It's just a good topic for songs!

I'm not sure. That seems to be looking a little TOO much into it. Steve Harris has written many a song about God etc. without being religious himself. It's just a good topic for songs!

indeed, there are lots of biblical references in Maiden, starting with Hallowed Be Thy Name going through all the Book of Revelation quotes and references in a number of songs. For the Greater Good of God in AMOLAD is the last best example - however you can read it in a number of different ways, depending on your own religious beliefs. I myself prefer to read this is a very ironic way :Shedevil:

'He gave his life for us he fell upon the cross
To die for all of those who never mourn his loss
It wasn't meant for us to feel the pain again
Tell me why, tell me why

2 Semi-Christian bands touring together. How awesome is that?

roflol stratovarious christian!? idk about helloween but really stratovarius!? read the lyrics to false messiah, no i HIGHLY doubt that they are christain. freedom call could be called "semi-christian" i've also heard that about hammerfall, but no. not stratovarius. sorry man. if you want semi christian metal look at freedom call or a day to remember or impellitteri

2 Semi-Christian bands touring together. How awesome is that?

Erm, not awesome at all cos they're not?

freedom call could be called "semi-christian" i've also heard that about hammerfall, but no. not stratovarius. sorry man. if you want semi christian metal look at freedom call or a day to remember or impellitteri

Freedom Call, HammerFall? :lol: No.

Power metal bands have archaic lyrical themes and mythological motifs, mentioning pagan gods or high priests no more makes them religious than singing about magic makes them wizards!

C'mon guys. I'm serial :tickled:

Erm, not awesome at all cos they're not?

Freedom Call, HammerFall? :lol: No.

Power metal bands have archaic lyrical themes and mythological motifs, mentioning pagan gods or high priests no more makes them religious than singing about magic makes them wizards!

C'mon guys. I'm serial :tickled:

i don't think hammerfall is semi christian but someone once told me they were. i know freedom call is not christian but i read an interview where they said they had christian families and that that is an influence on their music. though the band members aren't christian they are influenced by it. read the lyrics to starchild

Man too bad the few shows I could get to are when I cannot go...damn it. Though the last tour was amazing! Helloween is indeed semi-Christian but they can also be labeled as semi-Nazi by you guy's methods. "King for 1000 Years" is a song about evil winning and is a direct reference to Hitler and the Nazi's. Not saying that ALL the Nazi's were bad, but Hitler winning, no just no.

Basically all power metal bands are semi-Christian though! Even a few PQ songs can be described as such.