Help Aki Get to ProgPower VI!

Curufin

Kind of a big deal...
Aug 19, 2002
Nottingham, NH, USA
www.curufin.com
Aki is our good friend from Finland who has attended ProgPower for the last few years, and would like to keep attending. Unfortunately, he lacks the funds to buy his plane ticket to come to our wonderful festival.

To help him in his plight, I have both set up an Aki ProgPower Fund, located at www.AkiFund.com, and donated $200 of my hard-earned cash to get his Finnish ass over here in September.

If any of you are inclined to help Aki out, please visit the site and make a donation!

lol.... I was all set to PayPal a donation when I noticed the email address it was going to. (And this is coming from the guy who's already offered Aki the usual and customary free crash space at PP if he can get over here.)

Curufin said:
Aki is our good friend from Finland who has attended ProgPower for the last few years, and would like to keep attending. Unfortunately, he lacks the funds to buy his plane ticket to come to our wonderful festival.

To help him in his plight, I have both set up an Aki ProgPower Fund, located at www.AkiFund.com, and donated $200 of my hard-earned cash to get his Finnish ass over here in September.

If any of you are inclined to help Aki out, please visit the site and make a donation!

:worship:

Now THAT's the kind of family spirit can only happen at PP, no wonder it always feels like a family re-union thing!

That's too awesome of you Curu, I just woke up and got way excited because of this! Thanks so much for even thinking about it, not to mention actually doing this.

Pellaz said:
lol.... I was all set to PayPal a donation when I noticed the email address it was going to. (And this is coming from the guy who's already offered Aki the usual and customary free crash space at PP if he can get over here.)

I'm sure it's no joke though, he wouldn't do it. He's just someone who would love to live outside the US, that's all. So don't worry about the address :) And yes, way cool of you too to offer the usual crash space, it means a lot!

Yeah, I really should change that email address. I've had it since '98, when I was only a middle school delinquent. Didn't mean for that to throw you off or anything.

Edit: Ok, I changed the email address to my University email, just to verify its legitimacy.

I'll toss in a few bucks in a minute, then. :D

Hell, back when I coordinated the US mail-orders for one of Superior's CDs, there were people who didn't do it because they thought my last name was a joke. :)

Curufin, is there a target amount? And if the effort fails, what happens to the unspent funds?

Awesome, it's nice to see people so eager to help out! We're already halfway to the goal, and it hasn't even been 12 hours since the site went up. How awesome is that?

I'll make sure to update the site every time a new donation comes in.

I'll be setting up the "Put YtseJammer Through Law School Fund" later this week.

All donations are welcome. I only need $32,000 by mid-August. (Who wants to be my sugar daddy?)

Thank you for your concern. You're welcome, in advance, for the free counsel.

am_ash2 said:
What about his PP ticket?

I heard that's not a problem since some very nice friends of mine bought me a ticket already when they got available in April. Thanks to Curu, Paul and some other folks today has been the most exciting day for me in quite a while since looks like this may actually work out (!) :)

It's gonna have to wait a couple weeks, but I'll drop a few bucks in the bucket, too. Won't be PP without a sillydrunk Aki. :)

Curufin said:
We're shooting for $600, and since I'm donating $200 already, that means we only have to raise $400 more. If the goal is unmet, all the donations will be refunded.

You mean since he already has a ticket and crash-spot secured, all he needs is $600 more to fly here?

Fucking U.S. dollar... :yuk:

*pulls out a dollar bill, drops it on the floor...pulls out cock and urinates on dollar bil*