Help Aki Get to ProgPower VI!

The dude brought us Nightwish cd's a few years back when he came over to PP III.

LOL... that was very nice of him, especially considering that Nightwish cds are impossible to find in the US. ;)

J-Dubya 777 said:
Just sent a donation. As per what the beer glass said, this oughtta do it.
PP wouldn't be the same without my favorite Swede! ; )

Can't wait to see you in Sept. Dude!

Hahah man you better NOT "Swede" me this time! Thanks a lot dude, can't wait to have some Newcastle with ya again (although I know how slow you are when it comes to drinking those, even when you're supposed to drink fast.. yawn :Spin: )

booB said:
The dude brought us Nightwish cd's a few years back when he came over to PP III.

LOL... that was very nice of him, especially considering that Nightwish cds are impossible to find in the US. ;)

Well.. at least some of the older Finnish releases of NW singles aren't that easy to find from the US :p

Pssst Jeremy it was PPIV actually, not that it matters :) let me know if you can think of something this time too, appreciating the donation big time of course! Same goes for boB too.

Dustin said:
I have made a donation to my metal brother Aki... I hope to tip a beer with you this year my freind!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

\m/
Dustin

Heyyy mang.. err man! :p Long time no talk, definitely gotta catch up with a beer or three in Sept since it's gonna work out for me thanks to ya all! :headbang:

Walter_Langkowski said:
You mean since he already has a ticket and crash-spot secured, all he needs is $600 more to fly here?
Actually, as of now it seems like $600 would be a great deal, last year it would have been less than that but at least now it's more like $800.

AMBR said:
I couldn't resist this appeal. Every Finn I met when I was there was very kind and generous to me, so I guess I can give a little back.

Hello there :) You might actually remember me from the Evergrey chat session earlier in the spring, I was looking for some good flight deals for you to come over to Finland but I guess that didn't work out for you after all. Hope you get to come some other time soon. Chat with ya more in September if not earlier, thanks!

pollution said:
Hahah man you better NOT "Swede" me this time! Thanks a lot dude, can't wait to have some Newcastle with ya again (although I know how slow you are when it comes to drinking those, even when you're supposed to drink fast.. yawn :Spin: )

We'll see.....Depends on how much attitude adjustment I've had....
Welx! I had people help me privately get there the last 2 awful years when I was un/under employed (You two know who you are!).
Newcastle is NOT a chugging beer! This time I PROMISE a few brown ales will
flow between us!
/me wondering how much shit I'd take if I let Aki drink me under the table...
NP: Styx - Big Bang Theory (Surprisingly good cd of cover tunes better than Rush!)

booB said:
I'll help, but only if Aki doesn't bring the Finnish army with him to invade us...
Heh, that's kinda funny, it has already been 5 years when I went to the army to do the mandatory service and it was 9 months "only". I wasn't initially going to respond to your post but I just had to when I realized it has been that long already! So don't worry dude, I don't even know anyone in the army anymore (of course you have to be careful with me though! hehe) :)

Thanks, and I hope you didn't only help because you're afraid of the Finnish army heheh, see ya at PP dude :wave:

pollution said:
Hello there :) You might actually remember me from the Evergrey chat session earlier in the spring, I was looking for some good flight deals for you to come over to Finland but I guess that didn't work out for you after all. Hope you get to come some other time soon. Chat with ya more in September if not earlier, thanks!

Oh! I remember you now! Thanks for your help. I didn't make it over then, but I'm looking at getting back this October perhaps. Will need to find some kind of incredible air fare deal again. Sure is expensive, isn't it?

BTW, after laughing at booB's post on the Finnish invading army I have to add my request that you DON'T bring any Salmiakki Koskenkorva. :yuk: I've never been so sick in all my life! :oops:o_O:tickled:

Heh, that's kinda funny, it has already been 5 years when I went to the army to do the mandatory service and it was 9 months "only". I wasn't initially going to respond to your post but I just had to when I realized it has been that long already! So don't worry dude, I don't even know anyone in the army anymore

wow... after five years, I thought you'd probably have your own battalion by now. I guess that proves we haven't talked much since then. :)

Aki good luck with getting all the needed money. I'm always up for helping a Finn, but I'm still working on paying for my own plane ticket. If I happen to fall into some money and your ticket is much more than the $600, I'll shoot some your way.

But who is this guy, and why should I give him money to come to this show? It would be different if he was diseased and seeing this show was his dying wish. By the way this whole deal has been described, it just sounds like the guy simply can't afford the trip. He's not the only guy on the planet who has this problem. Does this mean we should start a fundraiser for everybody who wants to attend but doesn't have the funds? I can't afford to fly to Atlanta this year, but I'm not asking for donations for a plane ticket. I'll just simply drive. Maybe there's something about this guy that I don't know, but for now, I'll bask in my ignorance.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Met-Al said:
But who is this guy, and why should I give him money to come to this show? It would be different if he was diseased and seeing this show was his dying wish. By the way this whole deal has been described, it just sounds like the guy simply can't afford the trip. He's not the only guy on the planet who has this problem. Does this mean we should start a fundraiser for everybody who wants to attend but doesn't have the funds? I can't afford to fly to Atlanta this year, but I'm not asking for donations for a plane ticket. I'll just simply drive. Maybe there's something about this guy that I don't know, but for now, I'll bask in my ignorance.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Well, it would be hard for Aki to drive to Atlanta from Finland, for one thing. I'd like to clarify that Aki didn't ask for any donations; I made the fund, website, and this thread in order to let those who know Aki and want to help him do so.

:)

Met-Al said:

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Well, Curufin wanted to be nice and help Aki........he couldn't give Aki the full $600, so he gave $200 and asked here for more people to donate to finish it up. I thought it was pretty cool.

Met-Al said:

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Well, the group of people I hang with at PP has helped me the past couple of years. I think they did this because they are my friends, and we've all been going to this festival since the first one (not Aki...) . I consider Aki a friend, and this year, I'm in a position to not only pay my debts back, but to help someone else out as well. :)

Cool, I get back from a few days in the Tenn./N. Georgia mountains and see that Aki will be coming to PPUSA this year.

Mental note: don't let Aki sneak into the shower first; he takes forever. :)