Help an awesome PC fantasy game come into existance

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
Pathfinder Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG being developed by Goblinworks for Windows PCs.

Pathfinder is an amazing world of magic, monsters, myths and adventure. Released by Paizo Publishing in 2009, it has become the best-selling tabletop roleplaying game in North America, and its community has grown to hundreds of thousands of players.

Pathfinder Online will be a sandbox where the most important part of the game is meaningful human interaction. Every system in the game is designed to engage players with one another across a wide spectrum of activities: Politics, economics, diplomacy, exploration, and warfare.
Players of Pathfinder Online will be engaged in a struggle to tame a vast wilderness, to found and build kingdoms of thousands of people.

Your Pathfinder Online character will develop exactly as you desire. You'll choose from a vast array of skills to train. Training skills enables you to demonstrate your mastery in-game, and be rewarded with new and more powerful character abilities.

We're committed to a unique level of participation with our community to develop Pathfinder Online. You will have numerous opportunities to help us select and prioritize features and you'll be communicating with the development team constantly to ensure that the voice of the community is heard.

Donate a pledge and help get this awesome fantasy MMO made. Come on guys, help out, this is going to rock!:headbang:

Pledge here...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-a-fantasy-sandbox-mmo

I don't think I'll play another MMORPG other than WoW until they come up with a VR system that is full immersion :(

IMAG0842.jpg

What is cool is you can give feedback to the game designers while it's being developed.

'You will have numerous opportunities to help us select and prioritize features and you'll be communicating with the development team constantly to ensure that the voice of the community is heard.'

Enough kickstarter.

That said, a few interesting RPG projects have already been funded through kickstarter. Project Eternity made it big, Sui Generis squeaked by, the Banner Saga is well underway, and Wasteland 2 was also a big success.

I want to see the end products of some of these kickstarter projects before I throw down for new ones, though.

What is cool is you can give feedback to the game designers while it's being developed.

I'm sorry, but this tends to be the Achilles heel of MMO's in general. Trying to appease everyone, or even simply the large sectors ends up leaving unbalanced or bland, dumbed down gameplay at hand.

Everyone wants their favorite class OP, everyone wants it to be easy. Yet, when it's too easy, people finish it quickly and get bored. I think the shear amount of games available now (with quickplay ability) plus all the other shit competing for attention may have killed off any chance of a truly epic MMORPG experience in the future. The masses want Angry Birds and WoW.

It'd probably help if you mentioned that Pathfinder is the next evolution from D&D 3.5, and mostly came about when WOTC released shitty 4.0

Yes Pathfinder is like Dungeons and Dragons version 3.75 and it's not like the crappy 4th edition. The MMO will most likely get funded, and I wanted to let you guys know on here that you can help make this the best MMO available. I do play the tabletop game too. The company that makes Pathfinder is awesome to their fans and they have all kinds of cool stuff on their website. www.paizo.com

Hate to be a partypooper but there's a ton of developers that promise this exact same shit every year and it always amounts to nothing. I remember Darkfall being the last of these "revolutionary" and ambitious MMO's for me. After spending two months and 50 bucks on that crap, I simply can't buy the hype of these indie developers anymore. They just don't have the budget to put all that ambition into fruition.

Also any game with D&D rules is bound for failure. It doesn't translate well into computer games.

Hate to be a partypooper but there's a ton of developers that promise this exact same shit every year and it always amounts to nothing. I remember Darkfall being the last of these "revolutionary" and ambitious MMO's for me. After spending two months and 50 bucks on that crap, I simply can't buy the hype of these indie developers anymore. They just don't have the budget to put all that ambition into fruition.

Also any game with D&D rules is bound for failure. It doesn't translate well into computer games.

They are not using the rules of the tabletop game they are developing mechanics specifically for the game. Pathfinder is the #1 tabletop RPG game, they knocked D&D into 2nd place....trust me these people know what they are doing.

Well, a masterpiece of a tabletop game doesn't mean it will be good in virtual reality format. Would you buy a Monopoly MMO? Axis and Allies is awesome as a board game, but the online game sucks major cock.

The old 90s Axis and Allies computer game was bomb. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work with newer Windows OS'

finish-werewolf-quest-neverwinter-nights-800x800.jpg

Am I the only one that hated that game?

Baldur's Gate, though...Planescape: Torment...there are plenty of good D&D-derived PC games.